Is the GTN UI bugged or is it going to stay this way?

GTN now shows far less information and is quite clunky and annoying when claiming items.

The previous UI had much more information, including usernames, and in an MMORPG that is sort of important.

You could see acquaintances selling items and choose them to support. You could sort users alphabetically to see everything they are selling.

You could also see the names of crafters on items, now it's hidden, which isn't good because the crafters name could be undesirable.

It seemed easier to shop, you could get an easier idea of what items are in a similar price range.

The GTN just doesn't have soul anymore. You've reduced player interaction for no real reason.. it's strange.

I was hoping a new company was taking over and would really just throw caution to the wind and give this game one last breath of life...

But instead I see the latest content is trying to sleep with my companions....

Sigh

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I understand where you are going with this but I like the new UI more.

You instantly see the lowest price (really good for new players) and it´s easier to scroll because there are not 10 pages with the same item.

Also the newest listet item, favourites and most liked item pages are gold.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ahwassa said:

I understand where you are going with this but I like the new UI more.

You instantly see the lowest price (really good for new players) and it´s easier to scroll because there are not 10 pages with the same item.

Also the newest listet item, favourites and most liked item pages are gold.

All they had to do was to change default sorting to lowest item first. By doing that there was no need to browse 10 pages of the same item. One or two maybe, but not 10. You don't destroy a perfectly functioning system because people can't use the sort button.

I've opted out from using the new GTN. So that's yet another -1 of things to do in game, which means less time in this game, more time playing other games.

the new UI is easier in every aspect.

Claiming bought items? No need to close the GTN interface, walk to the mail box, open the mail, claim items.

Now to claim items you click CLAIM and accept. The only improvement here could be a CLAIM ALL button. I don't have to close the GTN anymore, I can tab back and keep looking for items I want to buy, and I don't have to walk to the mail box.

Selling items is easier. Before I would have to split a stack of items for different types of buyers. I would split a stack of 9999 resources into stacks of 50, 100, 200, 300, 500, 1000 and hope someone needs to buy a whole one of those stacks. Now I just toss a stack of 9999 on the GTN and people buy what they want.

No more scams; people were scamming on the old GTN by selling player crafted dyes for 1 billion credits hoping the arrange by price didn't work properly as it would bug out and not sort properly at times. There was a trader on the SWTOR Discord bragging about doing this "for science" but they kept doing this until the GTN was updated.

No more third party sites transferring credits via the GTN. People used to post garbage items for 1 billion credits on the old GTN and credit sites would buy their items to disguise credit sales.

The new GTN is better in every way. The only updates I want to see is a Claim All button for purchases and returned items and mail box spam for items being sold or returned being eliminated.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 4

Yeah new gtn clears sorry to say. Looking up prices on gold augs for example is one page 7 different items instead of 25 pages of the same thing lol. Like honestly caring about who crafted the item or who's selling seems petty to me, and it shouldn't be a concern of anyone. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Yeah new gtn clears sorry to say. Looking up prices on gold augs for example is one page 7 different items instead of 25 pages of the same thing lol. Like honestly caring about who crafted the item or who's selling seems petty to me, and it shouldn't be a concern of anyone. 

some players made it their life to harass others on the GTN if they undercut them or refused to lower their price. I was targeting a few times because I sold large amounts of crafting materials and had to be "cheating" even though all I did was mass buy when the prices were low and resell when the prices were high lol.

others, even on this forum, would witch hunt people for undercutting them on the GTN. Names being taken away from purchases and sales was for the betterment of the game.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Samcuu said:

Yeah new gtn clears sorry to say. Looking up prices on gold augs for example is one page 7 different items instead of 25 pages of the same thing lol. 

Why would you even browse through 25 pages to find an augment? They could be sorted by price, it required one simple click. 

10 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

some players made it their life to harass others on the GTN if they undercut them or refused to lower their price. I was targeting a few times because I sold large amounts of crafting materials and had to be "cheating" even though all I did was mass buy when the prices were low and resell when the prices were high lol.

others, even on this forum, would witch hunt people for undercutting them on the GTN. Names being taken away from purchases and sales was for the betterment of the game.

I was never harassed by anyone because of my GTN sales, probably because I played it fair and square. It really sounds like a you-problem.