Starter Planet Heroics + Other "weekly" heroics - change to daily instead of weekly

Saeten

Currently, the starter planets Korriban, Ord Mantel, Tython and Hutta heroics are all weekly reset. I'm hoping that with the changes per @EricMusco for 7.4.1.c will change these to Daily instead of weekly.

I know there are some others like the one on Tatooine, (that is only granted on planet) "Search and Rescue" that is a weekly reset, not daily.

Please make this happen for 7.4.1.c

tat heroics terminal tat.JPG

fleet heroics terminal tat.JPG

• Like 2

speaking of starter planet heroics,  on Tython when they put in the droid in chamber of speech they should have also added a way for non-Jedi to get the "Zabrak" species codex entry. Right now you can only get it playing a Jedi.

2 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

I’m sure new players would be encouraged by seeing 30 or 40 people on the starting planets everyday rather then 7.

I have 37 toons. I can be level 80 on  those planets every day of the week. And that's not counting the Defeat Enemies I/II. It's moot. What is up with people being against QOL changes?

Edited by Traceguy
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, denajii said:

I don't see a reason why they're weekly anyway, it's easy exerpeince, crates or gear depending on your level

There are heroics outside of the prologues that are shorter and easier. And you can do them as many times per day as you have alts, and then repeat every single day of the week.

On 4/1/2024 at 7:11 AM, Traceguy said:

What is up with people being against QOL changes?

LOL. People are against QOL changes like charging 5K to Quick Travel across Coruscant. Not a problem for you with your many alts, but for others, that's a big chunk of our cred bank.

I know you love this "do moar heroics" riff, but it's a straw you are grasping, not a fix for the rep cq nerf. YOU may want to do a zillion tired, old Heroics every day on multiple toons, but most of us already play all the time we can spare. We have lives, families, jobs, and things that make it simply undoable to continue playing our game here.

I can't manifest more game time out of the air; I play as much as I can without harming my real world. That's it. That's all I have.

The QOL changes really ticked me off, no doubt, but the thing that killed the game for me was the rep cq nerf. I simply don't have the time to play now. That's just the hard facts of my having a life and not being willing to pay for a game that no longer meets my idea of fun (i.e being a solo cq PVEer).

It is definitely cumulative, though. I am still seething about the charges for Quick Travel and for giving my RL friend mats to unlock Lokin (the "tax" was insane and undoable), and now he won't play the game at all. He uninstalled it after I had to beg our guild leader to give him the mats (which were taxed millions and only got his Lokin to level 4!). This last straw was the last straw (and this after I already rebuilt my main after her powers were nerfed and her Tactical was nerfed!). No more. I am done.

9 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

People are against QOL changes like charging 5K to Quick Travel across Coruscant

That's not a QOL. That's just a fee/tax. At this point, QOL would be reversing that tax.

Wanting to do the prologue heroics daily has nothing to do with this "do moar heroics" riff. It's something I wanted ever since they changed them to weeklies.

YOU may want to do a zillion tired, old Heroics every day on multiple toons, but most of us already play all the time we can spare. We have lives, families, jobs, and things that make it simply undoable to continue playing our game here.

I have life, family, and career too. Yet I don't let that justify removing content for other people. Those 3 things are actually more of a reason to re-open the heroics as dailies. Have you tried doing long heroics on planets such as Voss? Why waste 20 minutes doing those when you can spend 5 minutes doing Heroics on Hutta?

The QOL changes really ticked me off

What QOL changes? Do you even know what a QOL change is? A nerf if not a QOL change. It's in fact the exact opposite. A QOL change should help people with "lives, families, jobs".

Edited by Traceguy

15 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

hat's not a QOL. That's just a fee/tax. At this point, QOL would be reversing that tax.

Well, no, it was a QOL thing that was taken, and now you think it wasn't. Bizarre.

16 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I have life, family, and career too. Yet I don't let that justify removing content for other people. Those 3 things are actually more of a reason to re-open the heroics as dailies. Have you tried doing long heroics on planets such as Voss? Why waste 20 minutes doing those when you can spend 5 minutes doing Heroics on Hutta?

I dislike most Heroics and have done most of them only once (to get the cheevo). There ARE good ones (i.e. one-clicks and super fast ones that can be done in a few mins), but mostly you have to know that already to pick and choose. So this is something the busybody devs will be "fixing." Think you can stealth a Heroic? Boom! Think you can just one-click that Heroic. Bang! They have nothing else to do, apparently, but rain on our cq parade.

19 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

What QOL changes? Do you even know what a QOL change is? A nerf if not a QOL change. It's in fact the exact opposite. A QOL change should help people with "lives, families, jobs".

Quality of Life? Two quick examples: free Quick Travel and exiting SH's to their planet (ie. SH's we've purchased in many case for MILLIONS of credits we've earned by playing the game). You can call charging for Quick Travel a "nerf" all day long, but it was an assault on QOL. You do know that QOL refers to those "perks" we get for subbing and for putting in game time to earn "perks" like free QT. I don't think you really understand the terms you are using or you wouldn't be dinging me for using the term correctly.

To be clear, I do not consider the rep cq nerf a QOL change, not at all. It's just the last straw for me after numerous (actual) QOL changes, power gimps, and tactical "realignments" that meant I had to rebuild my main.

I'm glad you are happy with the crumbs, who doesn't want to do Heroics all day every day? Oh, right, me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TahliahCOH said:

Well, no, it was a QOL thing that was taken

I was defending QOL changes, not the removal of them.

Opening starter planet heroics as dailies would be a QOL change for those of us who do heroic sweeps on the daily. There are some naysayers though who would say "No, they should remain weeklies". Of course as I as before, I now have enough alts of each origin that I can simply do them on each planet every day of the week. It "was" no longer a problem. However, with the upcoming change to repeatable heroic CQPs, it would now be beneficial that every one of my alts have the ability to do them every day to get those 5k points. With the loss of the rep points, I'm grasping for straws. I need to ensure my guild is still hitting that 5m target goal by Monday night every week.

Yes, there are some good heroics, but that's no reason to halt a QOL change that OP suggestion.

Edited by Traceguy

4 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I was defending QOL changes, not the removal of them.

What? I mean the QOL changes figured very heavily in my decision to unsub and to uninstall swtor when my sub runs out at the end of the month. What QOL changes from the last several updates are you "defending"? Because I'm pretty sure that whatever you say has been included in my decision to leave, to stop subbing, to stop giving these people my real world money.

7 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Opening starter planet heroics as dailies would be a QOL change for those of us who do heroic sweeps on the daily. There are some naysayers though who would say "No, they should remain weeklies". Of course as I as before, I now have enough alts of each origin that I can simply do them on each planet every day of the week. It "was" no longer a problem. However, which the upcoming change to repeatable heroic CQPs, it would now be beneficial that every one of my alts have the ability to do them every day to get those 5k points. With the loss of the rep points, I'm grasping for straws. I need to ensure my guild is still hitting that 5m target goal by Monday night every week.

Yeah,  I don't have the time or interest to bang out the same Heroics time and again. I hate them all, and the only reason I still do some of them is that they are one-clicks I can do in a minute. I think it's great that you are eager to pound out decades-old Heroics for a tiny pittance, but some of us are not and do not have the time (or frankly) the interest to do that. You do all the Heroics you want, that's totally cool. Me? Nope. I'm done. I don't have the time for that, and I would rather spend my time on game that is not constantly finding ways to ruin my fun (WHY can't I just gift a new player with a speeder? They are so happy! Or they were, before it cost me 4 million creds to give then a speeder I can't even sell on the GTN. WHY can't I give my RL friend the mats to get Lokin? He's never ever coming back after that horror show. And I don't blame him. This game HATES goodwill and HATES players making the game fun. This is stupid and wrong, and this rep cq is just the last straw, not the reason, just the last and final failure that I cannot abide, so I am out.)

As to your guild, I am sorry.  I have a LOT of alts in small guilds, so hitting my cq was really important. Now, who the hell cares? I have no magical time added o my schedule to play swtor, so I am doing what  can on my "main" guilds. Otherwise, shrug. No time to meet small guild goals, so I don't even bother to log into them at all.

This is a weird one for me OP.

On one hand, I see your point and I agree.

However, I also agree that it would dramatically increase the activity on the starter planets and people just leveling new toons would have "more" competition.

However, you also have shared credit with kills now, so that makes it easier, but you have to hit them faster because the mobs die so fast.

There are solid arguments either way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darev said:

There are solid arguments either way.

Agreed. Ord Mantell is rough when there is a group mass killing and the mobs take a while, Shared tagging is tough when they die so easily. Some tweaking to respawn and such could be made to offset. Who knows what will take place in the future. Broadsword has a lot to dig into and work on that's for sure. But, this whole debacle feels like a skeleton crew, missed and/or ignore feedback and testing, and definitely missed quality control on changes and additions and subtractions. I still hope for the best, but lately, I feel let down and depressed about this games future.