PvP is such a slog for most players who don't PvP all the time solution suggestions inside.

Argomemnon

56 minutes ago, Alericus said:

ranked isnt coming back, it became nothing more than win trading and cheating. Its that simple and I believe the devs have implied as much.. Premades arent the issue. having premades constantly playing randoms is. the queues need to be simple , solo vs solo and premades vs premades. And rather than expect everyone to have the minimum gear, the top gear need to be sorted away from the bottom gear so the lowers can catch up. Only other thing I can add is yes we should allow players to pick what maps they want. I think a lot of afk behavior would end if that feature was added but I dont know how that might play out.

Seems to me players want the death match style of arenas but they want the easy rewards of 8 man regs. The daily is fine at 3 matches but still think a loss should get squat otherwise theres incentive for win trading. The weekly I think should be reviewed like the other features 1 at a time as you see how each change impacts the game. But first thing to make things easier for newbies and take away the vets who have total knowledge of each map and know the exploits and tactics like a glove, change the maps on a regular basis to level the playing field. I think its time to retire the hutball maps completely its not pvp its just capture the flag and has always had issues with win trading, cheating, lag and glitching.

Separating solo and grouped players I agree on.

There isn't enough population on most servers get have steady PvP matches of any sort let alone allow them to filter maps. Allowing players to filter maps will separate the current population and games will take longer to pop.

Gear wise, I wish everyone had set stats based on their class and all players had access to all skills and could pick and choose their tacticals and implants. This makes everyone equal in stats and gear along with creating one pvp bracket instead of the three we currently have (10-44, 45-79, 80).

I'm more for getting rid of win/losses counting for anything and rewarding players for how well they play instead of what team they happen to land on.

Part of the frustration and cause of AFKers is they end up on a team that has no chance of winning so why bother trying?

Edited by Darkestmonty

ranked isnt coming back, it became nothing more than win trading and cheating.

You clearly didn't get into ranked. Yes it had some wintrade but that only concerned a minority of the matches and players.

What cheat are you talking about lmao ?? Maybe you were just referring to wintrade again because it was the only form of cheating that was present in ranked at the end of ranked and it was still a minority of the ranked community.

solo vs solo and premades vs premades

A lot of ppl made this arguments and don't understand how dumb it is you have to think about the consequences of seperate queues.

First of all the premade Q will never proc and you won't be able to tag with a friend anymore. SWTOR is still an MMORPG if you can't play with your friend and promote multiplayer cooperation there's no point just make another game.

And even if it works how would you do this ? Premades can range from 2 to 8 players so are gonna make a 7 different Q, so 14 in total (2v2,3v3,4v4...etc) It's just doesn't work on so many lvl.

And rather than expect everyone to have the minimum gear, the top gear need to be sorted away from the bottom gear so the lowers can catch up

Again this game lack players so sperating queues will only make PvP queue time even longer and the match making will be very bad. And to be honest it's isn't that long to gear up but you're right shouldn't be an obstacle there's just better options than that.

Only other thing I can add is yes we should allow players to pick what maps they want

Sure so players would only take 2 or three maps because they'll be popular and have lesser Q times what a brilliant idea. Another popular but very dumb proposition. Some players actually like Huttball for exemple and would never be able to play it again.

Seems to me players want the death match style of arenas but they want the easy rewards of 8 man regs.

All rewards are from PvP season wich covers arenas and WZ so wtf are you talking about ?

but still think a loss should get squat otherwise theres incentive for win trading

Don't you think not rewarding losses will just make wintrading worse ???? Assuming that wintrading does indeed exist nowadays, wich I hardly doubt because there's no need to wintrade the season already is very easy to complete regadless if you win or not.

But first thing to make things easier for newbies and take away the vets who have total knowledge of each map and know the exploits and tactics like a glove

Once again separating queues is a very bad idea because there's just not enough players. Also do you really find PvP hard nowadays ??? Because with all the new players that's join because of PvP season you just ahev to read your abilities to be better than 50% of the players.

Also how would that any good for newbies to fight other newbies ? So they can stay newbies forever and never need to improve?? Veterant aren't using any dark magic or hidden exploit they just have put some efforts into reading their abilities, understand their class gameplay and learn other classes abilities to counter them. And you don't need to a be top player to have fun in PvP.

I think its time to retire the hutball maps completely its not pvp its just capture the flag and has always had issues with win trading, cheating, lag and glitching.

Because you don't play it the right way it's actually the game mode that encourage the most fighting. Because while your at it just remove all PvP maps since it basically a marathon/afk simulation if you want to.
I very curious to see what you actually call wintrading. Again what cheating are you referring to lmao because it seems like your just using this word randomly rn. Glitching is the same on all the maps huttball maps just happen to have more verticality wich make dsync more frequent that's all but verticality is fun so it's okay.

Edited by Ajalkaar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alericus said:

I think its time to retire the hutball maps completely its not pvp its just capture the flag and has always had issues with win trading, cheating, lag and glitching.

What? 🤣

6 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

Separating solo and grouped players I agree on.

There isn't enough population on most servers get have steady PvP matches of any sort let alone allow them to filter maps. Allowing players to filter maps will separate the current population and games will take longer to pop.

Gear wise, I wish everyone had set stats based on their class and all players had access to all skills and could pick and choose their tacticals and implants. This makes everyone equal in stats and gear along with creating one pvp bracket instead of the three we currently have (10-44, 45-79, 80).

I'm more for getting rid of win/losses counting for anything and rewarding players for how well they play instead of what team they happen to land on.

Part of the frustration and cause of AFKers is they end up on a team that has no chance of winning so why bother trying?

And I do think a lot of the afk behavior is due to players knowing theyve lost right from the start. Iits easy to spot cheaters and known win traders or just goofs who love to mess around in matches so you know almost within the 1st minutes when your side is hooped, or when your in a hutball match and the enemy ball carrier has no opposition or they grab the ball and (Ive seen this) they leap from mid to end zone and score.

So mix it up change the maps, change the scoring and ya dont have premades play solo..and of course the premade players dont want that changed,why would they it works for them and their guilds. but if we did that and afk or dropping dramtically slowed, we have the solution. If not change it up again.

As for the afk if we removed the penality of early leaving to say 3 times in a day (ie daily limit) then blocked for a day I think its a compromise , I also think the lockout shouldnt start until gate is down so you join, you see the same players who throw matches or win trade you get a pass to avoid them, but again maybe only 3 times for a day and then penalties start. Just brainstorming some ideas.(and I recognize some of this is just as vunerable to abuse as vote kicking)

but my primary goal in all this is to bring back players to increase the base not just keep a small core of hardcore pvpers happy, thats just killing the game. In the end it should be fun and not a grind.

6 hours ago, Ajalkaar said:

You clearly didn't get into ranked. Yes it had some wintrade but that only concerned a minority of the matches and players.

What cheat are you talking about lmao ?? Maybe you were just referring to wintrade again because it was the only form of cheating that was present in ranked at the end of ranked and it was still a minority of the ranked community.

A lot of ppl made this arguments and don't understand how dumb it is you have to think about the consequences of seperate queues.

First of all the premade Q will never proc and you won't be able to tag with a friend anymore. SWTOR is still an MMORPG if you can't play with your friend and promote multiplayer cooperation there's no point just make another game.

And even if it works how would you do this ? Premades can range from 2 to 8 players so are gonna make a 7 different Q, so 14 in total (2v2,3v3,4v4...etc) It's just doesn't work on so many lvl.

Again this game lack players so sperating queues will only make PvP queue time even longer and the match making will be very bad. And to be honest it's isn't that long to gear up but you're right shouldn't be an obstacle there's just better options than that.

Sure so players would only take 2 or three maps because they'll be popular and have lesser Q times what a brilliant idea. Another popular but very dumb proposition. Some players actually like Huttball for exemple and would never be able to play it again.

All rewards are from PvP season wich covers arenas and WZ so wtf are you talking about ?

Don't you think not rewarding losses will just make wintrading worse ???? Assuming that wintrading does indeed exist nowadays, wich I hardly doubt because there's no need to wintrade the season already is very easy to complete regadless if you win or not.

Once again separating queues is a very bad idea because there's just not enough players. Also do you really find PvP hard nowadays ??? Because with all the new players that's join because of PvP season you just ahev to read your abilities to be better than 50% of the players.

Also how would that any good for newbies to fight other newbies ? So they can stay newbies forever and never need to improve?? Veterant aren't using any dark magic or hidden exploit they just have put some efforts into reading their abilities, understand their class gameplay and learn other classes abilities to counter them. And you don't need to a be top player to have fun in PvP.

Because you don't play it the right way it's actually the game mode that encourage the most fighting. Because while your at it just remove all PvP maps since it basically a marathon/afk simulation if you want to.
I very curious to see what you actually call wintrading. Again what cheating are you referring to lmao because it seems like your just using this word randomly rn. Glitching is the same on all the maps huttball maps just happen to have more verticality wich make dsync more frequent that's all but verticality is fun so it's okay.

so basically you like ranked think there is no cheating or exploits..guess Ive imagined the numerous players banned over the years.....next time shorten up the argument too. You like ranked and face stomping new players..I get it you think thats fun but the numbers say otherwise for most players pvp is dying. Its not about gate keeping the game its about improving it

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Alericus said:

but my primary goal in all this is to bring back players to increase the base not just keep a small core of hardcore pvpers happy, thats just killing the game. In the end it should be fun and not a grind.

I would start playing  pvp again if they made separate queues for premades and solo players.   Until then I just won't do it any more. 

I do agree with you that in the end they need to concentrate more on making the game more fun and less time making changes that drive people away from the game.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Exly said:

I would start playing  pvp again if they made separate queues for premades and solo players.   Until then I just won't do it any more. 

I do agree with you that in the end they need to concentrate more on making the game more fun and less time making changes that drive people away from the game.

yup sadly Ive played numerous mmos and everytime in pvp the game runners listen to the select few subs or guilds who once they get to the "top" always want to have things their way and gate keep, it always destroys the game. And its an ongoing  battle for the game runners to keep out the cheaters and win traders, who will always deny this occurs. I always laugh at that claim since its the one thing pinned at the top of the pvp section, "How to Report Cheating and Win Trading". If it doesnt exist then why do they guard against it?

At this point I think the new game runners may be making little tweaks but who knows they might make major changes hopefully to attract new players. The daily requirement isnt a problem, the weekly I get the issues its a tad grindy. And yes the queues need to change. Ive played with really good premades, but they always wanted to play other premades as a honest challenge that was actually fun. 

15 hours ago, Alericus said:

I always laugh at that claim since its the one thing pinned at the top of the pvp section, "How to Report Cheating and Win Trading". If it doesnt exist then why do they guard against it?

Maybe because its a standard thing to do when you've got a multiplayer game with a competitive gamemode like PvP.
Having a way to report cheaters doesn't necessarily mean that players are actually cheating but that they COULD cheat. 
Its like saying "oh the game has a way to report bugs so the game must be full of bugs"...swtor is a bad exemple but you have the idea.

Accusing ppl of cheating is a serious accusation same for wintrading. So i have some questions for you and I wish you would answer them:

What exactly are you referring to by cheat in SWTOR ?
Have you seen a lot of player using cheats or even at least one ?
Are your sure they were cheating ? And if yes can you tell how they were cheating ?

Because most the time when ppl accused someone of cheating it's because something they didn't understand. And if you don't know every game mechanics, passives, effect and even bugs there's probably a lot of things that seems like cheating wich actually can be explain through game mechanics that you didn't know about.

You have to realise that cheating and not being caught is actually hard and require a lot of knowledge about game development, reverse engineering and programming and the swtor community isn't big enough to have serious hackers community.

I'm mostly speaking about Hacking but there's other form of cheating like exploits but it would be too long to talk about because there's actually a spectrum between optimizing game's mechanics and exploiting bugs. I would only say this, there's no major exploit in PvP at the time as far as I know of.

About wintrading,  i'll ask the same questions as for cheating (What exactly are you referring to....etc). Let's be honest there's no reason to wintrade PvP seasons are easy to complete even if you lose, the rewars are very un appealing to a lot of players. A finally PvP isn't a competitive mode anymore everyone can get the rewards easily and there isn't any form ranked anymore.

So why would ppl wintrade ? I'm playing on three different servers including the larger ones SF and DM I've never seen any wintrade in regs it even sound oxymoronic.

Edited by Ajalkaar

On 4/13/2024 at 9:34 PM, Alericus said:

yup sadly Ive played numerous mmos and everytime in pvp the game runners listen to the select few subs or guilds who once they get to the "top" always want to have things their way and gate keep, it always destroys the game. And its an ongoing  battle for the game runners to keep out the cheaters and win traders, who will always deny this occurs. I always laugh at that claim since its the one thing pinned at the top of the pvp section, "How to Report Cheating and Win Trading". If it doesnt exist then why do they guard against it?

At this point I think the new game runners may be making little tweaks but who knows they might make major changes hopefully to attract new players. The daily requirement isnt a problem, the weekly I get the issues its a tad grindy. And yes the queues need to change. Ive played with really good premades, but they always wanted to play other premades as a honest challenge that was actually fun. 

that post was created when the devs cared about win trading in ranked PvP. By the last season they no longer cared because they knew ranked was gone for good.

They never cared about people AFKing or refusing to play objectives in non ranked PvP Arena or Warzones.

As for cheating, I have only seen real cheating a few times, mostly at release.

At release people could jump over the barrier on Voidstar and people used that activate the doors before the game started. That was cheating.

At release people figured out a small area where world geometry wasn't solid and they would roll their snipers into the huttball map where they could snipe players but players could not shoot them back.

Last couple of years I have only seen one legitimate cheat and that was someone using a speed hack and teleporter in a Warzone. Speed hack because they were always moving faster than any player should be capable even with a speed buff, teleporter because every time they got to a certain point in health they would teleport on top of the turret building in Alderaan. I only know this because I could follow the poison damage I hit them with as they zoomed and teleported around the map.

Edited by Darkestmonty

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2024 at 7:06 PM, RACATW said:

Swtor needs to track damage, healing, protection and kills percentiles of players. That's the most likely predictor of whether the match will be balanced or unbalanced.

I think it’s already the case, there’s obviously an hidden rank for players and I don’t think it’s base just of win rate.

If it wasn’t the case, I wouldn’t be automatically queued against a premade when there’s one and this have been the case for years.

On 4/15/2024 at 9:03 PM, Darkestmonty said:

I always laugh at that claim since its the one thing pinned at the top of the pvp section, "How to Report Cheating and Win Trading". If it doesnt exist then why do they guard against it?

Its not a valid argument .

The availability of a reporting tool doesn't prove the widespread existence of cheaters or wintrading.

It’s the developers' responsibility to provide such tools so they can take action if problems arise. It's a preventive measure, not evidence.

As for Swtor nowadays wintrading would make no sense since there’s no interesting reward to wintrade for and same goes for cheating.

There might be some exploit from times to times but it’s not that common because they’re usually patched relatively quickly, most of them were minor, and most the player community aren’t even aware of these exploits

And for cheater who really modify their game… its an mmo so most of the data is servers sided. Its not like an fps where most cheat used are about modifying your client.

And the Swtor community is too small to have ppl invested enough to get server access or do MITM attack.

So basically cheating as modifying your game doesn’t exist in Swtor.

Exploiting some bugs can exist buts it’s rare and it usually happen after a massive patch and get fixed relatively quickily depending of how obvious and game breaking the exploit is.

Edited by Ajalkaar