remove the 30 day countdown of guild banks or at least reduce it

fediamond

i keep finding this pointless, wait a whole month just to let you access to the guild bank, i assume this is made to prevent new guild members to take everything in the guild bank the instant they join, but, 30 days? i think the best would be remove it (which seems as the most unlikely choice) or at least reduce it to a week, for me 30 days of cooldown is very exaggerated, or at least give the choice to the guild leader or admins to place the time they want (not above 30 days of course) i know this suggestion might never get to the game

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

It should at least be a week. I don't have statistics, so I can't say how many people were abusing it if at all, but 7 days should be plenty of time.

I would say that even two or three days would be enough to prevent most people from doing it, but a week sounds like a reasonable value.

• Like 2

Most don't have a issue with the 30 day restriction, as it's a account-wide timer, that starts when you add your first character, once it's removed on them, it's removed on all.

NOTE:  This really only penalizes Guild Leaders of Small / Tiny Guilds, who use their Guilds as cheap Bank space & trying to also bypass a trade tax...  

I'm fine with the 30 days, make them wait if they find a buyer who joins their Private Guild, I want my items to sell on the GTN!

:sy_lightside:

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

11 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Most don't have a issue with the 30 day restriction, as it's a account-wide timer, that starts when you add your first character, once it's removed on them, it's removed on all.

That's not true from what I've seen. My second SWTOR account is locked out of guild bank based on when each toon join the guild. Last night, my first toon's 30 days finally expired. However, the second toon on that account still has 9 more days to go. Was it just a visual thing?

Edited by Traceguy

Well it's not the same account, the account-wide unlock only applies to character's on the same account just as I said.  

Perhaps you meant 2nd Character, not 2nd account.  ;)

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Strathkin said:

Well it's not the same account, the account-wide unlock only applies to character's on the same account just as I said.  

No, it is the same account. I'm sorry if I confused you

17 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

No, it is the same account. I'm sorry if I confused you

Logout of game, and then fully back in and then it should reset.  If you were logged in when the timer for the first character expired, it doesn't update your other character's till the next full LOGIN cycle, so just LOGOUT and back in and all Character's should no longer have the restriction.   Then if you also add a new Character, to the guild provided you have 1 always in there the restriction never gets applied again. 

It still however prevents people from just joining someone guild, from bypassing the taxes for the buyer/seller by making them wait. 

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

On 3/27/2024 at 7:33 AM, Strathkin said:

Logout of game, and then fully back in and then it should reset.

That worked. So the countdown timer seen on late joiners doesn't reflect the actual lockout.

Now with all this said, if people truly were using guild banks to evade taxes, what's stopping the community from creating a guild called something like "Free Trade Alliance". Everyone parks a single alt in that guild. After the first 30 days, going forwards people will be able to evade taxes all day every day by joining that guild temporarily or just logging into that alt.

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

That worked. So the countdown timer seen on late joiners doesn't reflect the actual lockout.

Now with all this said, if people truly were using guild banks to evade taxes, what's stopping the community from creating a guild called something like "Free Trade Alliance". Everyone parks a single alt in that guild. After the first 30 days, going forwards people will be able to evade taxes all day every day by joining that guild temporarily or just logging into that alt.

The risk of a sale being 'sniped' would be pretty high in such a guild:  Once you put the funds or item in the guild bank, anyone with the appropriate permissions could grab it...

• Having one GM to promote/demote the trading partners makes things kinda complicated.
  • Having multiple officers to promote/demote the trading partners makes these transactions fairly risky.
  • Having everyone have full bank access at all times makes these transactions really risky.
  • Like 1