Cant buy a subscription or Cartel coins.

Annern

You will not be told the truth by Owen. You live in a country that is aligned with the EU on bank matters. It is because of the EU law regarding 2 layer authentication that you can not buy anything from BS. 

P.S. What do you know... I can post again lol. 

Edited by MortenJessen

Just now, Annern said:

buy anything for BS ? what is BS ?

Broadsword is the studio creating content for swtor now

Swtor Support and the Payment Merchant remain unchanged and belong to EA albeit swtor support are a separate channel to the normal ea support lines ( so they are different channels), even after the move of the studio from bioware to broadsword this remains unchanged though

ill just wait and play as preferred if i want to for now, my authentication works fine on steam and any other source, but not on swtor. i can still play swtor, just cant sub it seems. I see this as a problem for EA and SWTOR and Broadsword. If they want money they can try fix the issue, as im out of options literally on my end from my own home, other than Code cards u buy for your Children as they cant be trusted with credit cards, or Paypal wich is infamous for being a not good place xD. Nor safe for that matter.. Lets wait and see what happends overtime. itll be easy for me to just manage the account and keep the game up to date anyway, soo. yeah we'll see what happends. there is nothing else i can do here other than paypal method. and i sure as hell would'nt use my CC on paypal, id use a burner card for paypal if anything x'3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK,  swtor really needs to fix this issue, I just tried buying cartel coins, of all of these coins, I was successful only in buying 1050 cartel coins repeatedly, all other options of buying of all other cartel coins failed-this is is definitely swtor's problem, it really has nothing to do with me or my card.

Edited by ivicapesun

On 3/15/2024 at 3:00 PM, Annern said:

ill just wait and play as preferred if i want to for now, my authentication works fine on steam and any other source, but not on swtor. i can still play swtor, just cant sub it seems. I see this as a problem for EA and SWTOR and Broadsword. If they want money they can try fix the issue, as im out of options literally on my end from my own home, other than Code cards u buy for your Children as they cant be trusted with credit cards, or Paypal wich is infamous for being a not good place xD. Nor safe for that matter.. Lets wait and see what happends overtime. itll be easy for me to just manage the account and keep the game up to date anyway, soo. yeah we'll see what happends. there is nothing else i can do here other than paypal method. and i sure as hell would'nt use my CC on paypal, id use a burner card for paypal if anything x'3.

Are you sure that pay pal is not safe?

So, it looks like the only solution is to stay preferred player until they fix this?

On 3/15/2024 at 9:00 AM, Annern said:

Paypal wich is infamous for being a not good place

I've been a member of Paypal for 15 years now. I don't agree with this sentiment 1%. Never a problem. They've even helped return hundreds of dollars from sellers on Ebay who take money and try to run.

10 minutes ago, ivicapesun said:

Are you sure that pay pal is not safe?

I can assure you Payapl is safe option, especially for SWTOR.  Your bank card is the most unsafe payment method you can use. I haven't used a bank card in nearly 10 years because not only is it unsafe, there's no need for them.

Edited by Traceguy

4 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I've been a member of Paypal for 15 years now. I don't agree with this sentiment 1%. Never a problem. They've even helped return hundreds of dollars from sellers on Ebay who take money and try to run.

I can assure you Payapl is safe option, especially for SWTOR.  Your bank card is the most unsafe payment method you can use. I haven't used a bank card in nearly 10 years because not only is it unsafe, there's no need for them.

Wait, so no need for credit cards, but how do you than pay with pay pal without credit cards?

Sorry, I'm still new to this pay pal thing, I know I need to create account, than what comes next?

If you can help me here, big thank you in advance.

Edited by ivicapesun

4 minutes ago, ivicapesun said:

Wait, so no need for credit cards, but how do you than pay with pay pal without credit cards?

Sorry, I'm still new to this pay pal thing, I know I need to create account, than what comes next?

If you can help me here, big thank you in advance.

I use a credit card (not for SWTOR). When I say bank card, it mean the debit card your bank gives you. The one that pulls money directly out of your checking/savings account.

I've been a member for a long time. I'm not sure how hard it is to set up a new account, or how much time is required. If you don't want to make an account, you might be able to checkout with Paypal as a guest. In this case you'll use your current card to fund the purchase.

If there's a problem between EA and your bank, this might be remedied if Paypal was used as the middle man. They'd send the funds to EA, and take the money from the card. If you have another card, or can call your issuer that's another option.

46 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I use a credit card (not for SWTOR). When I say bank card, it mean the debit card your bank gives you. The one that pulls money directly out of your checking/savings account.

I've been a member for a long time. I'm not sure how hard it is to set up a new account, or how much time is required. If you don't want to make an account, you might be able to checkout with Paypal as a guest. In this case you'll use your current card to fund the purchase.

If there's a problem between EA and your bank, this might be remedied if Paypal was used as the middle man. They'd send the funds to EA, and take the money from the card. If you have another card, or can call your issuer that's another option.

Big thank you for these answers, I did not know you have all of these options, first I'll try to create account, thank you again. But it looks like that you need to have credit card both as guest and as the one who already has account, regardless.

Edited by ivicapesun

Hello, i have exactly the same problem.

I cant buy cartel coins, in february all was working ok.

Subscribtion is on auto and it renewed, but i cant add coins,

i could add once 14500, once 5500, ance 2400 etc, now all options giving error

I tried clean casche, i have instaled new browser (chrome) and still error.

My bank said it not a bank problem, its Your problem.

Sorry for bad english. Whot i can do more ?

3 hours ago, grrk said:

My bank said it not a bank problem, its Your problem.

Sorry for bad english. Whot i can do more ?

Suggest using paypal or purchase via steam after the accounts are linked

On 3/28/2024 at 2:27 AM, ivicapesun said:

Big thank you for these answers, I did not know you have all of these options, first I'll try to create account, thank you again. But it looks like that you need to have credit card both as guest and as the one who already has account, regardless.

If paypal is not an option for you, link the swtor account to steam and purchase via steam