Cant buy a subscription or Cartel coins.

Annern

Hello! i cant re-subscribe to SWTOR on SWTOR.com, or buy cartel coins, i checked with my credit card provider and they said my card is fine and the purchase should work just fine, and i am also able to login SWTOR and play on my character as a Preferred account status, and ive also accessed my EA origin Account and able to play games there, the message i get when i try to Re-subscribe is this: " An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. " am i missing something ?. is my SWTOR account login also an EA account without me knowing ? did some account somewhere get disabled without me knowing it ?? i dont use Steam to play SWTOR, and i dont use any other launcher like Origin. I just use the SWTOR Website, and the SWTOR Launcher, always has and always will. Am i missing something or is the Website purchase service down since last night ?.

swtorcantsub.png

is there a way for you guys to check if my account is linked with some EA account ? im currently in a dialogue with EA Costumer support asking them if any of my EA accounts are disabled, of wich they say None of them are, as they are checking via the EA ID's im providing them. Yet they cant seem to find anything wrong with any of my accounts on their end, they are saying i need to contact SWTOR support here for any help.

Incognito Mode "did not work". I had to Re-Verify my device when i used incognito mode, but i had EA check all my accounts and they are all good, and you guys saying my SWTOR account is good, yet i still recieve the same result as i do in the picture above when i try to purchase a Sub.

I Tried using Microsoft Edge AKA Internet Explorer to no avail, added in the Picture Tray is another screenshot showing the same result.

all i do is Click on the 60 days 1 time purchase, then the account shows my Chosen/saved Credit card, and the Confirmation Checkbox wich is checked, then i click continue, then it takes 1-2 seconds and it goes right to that screen you see there. " An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. " EA Costumer support says everything is good, and if my SWTOR account is good, and my credit card provider says everything is good, then ive no idea whats stopping it.

stillcantsub2.png

I can tell you the linked ea account is fine 

try removing and re-adding the payment method too

delete the web browser cache and cookies to be sure, incognito mode with chrome ignores the cache for example

Also ensure no VPN is being used

Edited by OwenBrooks

Posted (edited)

Just to be sure, How would i go about deleting the web browser cache and cookies ?. i want to make sure my process is the same as you recommend.

Also i read that someone else did try to remove their credit card and re-enter their card, at wich their card was unusable on the account when the cards worked fine for years, apparently he had 2-3 Credit cards he tried adding to his SWTOR account to pay, but none of his cards was accepted, and he had to eventually buy a Gamecard with a code to pay, of wich i am completely unable to do from where i am.

Yeah VPN is not active atm. and hasnt been since even before the problem occurred.

Edited by Annern

depends on browser - chrome is https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

this has also been forwarded to another team level to look closer at what is occurring at the step you mentioned

if you link to steam https://help.ea.com/au/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-on-steam/  you can purchase on steam for now

2 minutes ago, Annern said:

is there in any way you are able to inform me wich account is linked through some method or way ??

if you go to the purchase history page , you should see an email address on the right side , that is the email used on the linked ea account

What does linking to steam entail ?. I do not wish to use Steam to login to my swtor, as i do not Trust using a 2/3rd party to login to swtor, as i prefer doing it directly via SWTOR's launcher and website to reduce the amount of possible issues or problem sources any errors could occur at.

Posted (edited)

I will not be doing that to play Swtor. i Do not Trust Steam enough to do that. I would prefer keeping it as it is now directly via SWTOR and its launcher without using Steam.

i Shall try to remove the Credit card, and Re-add it and try another purchase to see if that works.

Edited by Annern

code is another option at present , either from amazon or you can buy 60 days from https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/star-wars-the-old-republic for now

buy the  deluxe pack , the standard can only be applied to an account once , so if you have ever added a swtor retail code from a box purchase then it has been used already

Edited by OwenBrooks

Posted (edited)

i dont Trust Amazon and jeff bezos either. I did try to buy the 60 days sub instead of a 30 days, i also tried to buy Cartel coins to no avail, i also did try several 30 days too, added below is a picture of the " FAILED " Attempts that seems to be registered now when it wasnt before.

I also removed, and Re-applied the credit card successfully, However sadly im still getting the same Error message, as i took a new screenshot, and added it below.

the 199's are 60 days 1 time purchase attempts.

the 109's are 30 days recurring sub attempts
the 36 was a Cartel coins purchase attempt.

purchaseattemptsfailed.png

stillcantsub3.png

Edited by Annern

odd support see these now too
Ok cant discuss money stuff too much but on swtor end it shows as declined by the bank 

I would suggest try using paypal (with that card attached)  to purchase at moment

to discuss account stuff further you will need to call swtor support when the lines are open , but not sure what else they can tell you at this point
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/INFO-Getting-Help-and-Board-Guidlines/td-p/4806237/jump-to/first-unread-message

Edited by OwenBrooks

1 hour ago, OwenBrooks said:

Swtor support see no account issue, nor do they see any purchase attempts

41 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

I can tell you the linked ea account is fine 

Curious. Do you work for SWTOR/EA support?

then how do u know if my account is linked or any private info details that EA or SWTOR does ?? O.o or is on a speed dial to the costumer support team or tech team etc ?.

2 minutes ago, Annern said:

then how do u know if my account is linked or any private info details that EA or SWTOR does ?? O.o or is on a speed dial to the costumer support team or tech team etc ?.

yes, I have direct access channels to support and swtor qa etc, and chat daily with them
I had to sign NDA's as well

Edited by OwenBrooks

Just now, Annern said:

ooh, strange they didnt give your Forum account/Profile any form of.. Official Seal of proof for being a support helper or anything : S

i normally live at the swtor technical support forum at https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en  

my userid is 1144 so one of the first accounts created over a decade ago now https://answers.ea.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1144

Just now, Annern said:

Im currently in Norway, and is having an issues purchasing anything on SWTOR.com. but so far nowhere else, i tried 3 other sources, all of wich use the authorization process as per usual, for security measures. And no problem, quick fast and easy. so far it only seems to be SWTOR. even buying a DLC on the EA Launcher worked fine.

the merchant for swtor belongs to EA , it uses the linked EA account for purchasing

I didnt ask the EA support about their Merchant services or anything. But all i know is its working fine with the EA Launcher to buy things, and other sources i tried earlier, but its only SWTOR.com it isnt working on, yet my bank said it should be fine and everything was good on their end, even for swtor.com should be fine, yet it isnt working. im out of my wits end xD.