Missing Dxun Arrow and True Dxun Arrow achievements after 3/12 patch

I got the timed run achievement for the Nature of Progress operation 2 months ago back in January for the first time. After the patch yesterday, both achievements are missing from my legacy as well as the character titles "the Apex Predator" and "the True Apex Predator" on the character I got it on.

I submitted a CS ticket, and the response I got was: "We can't do anything about it. Just do it again."

I find this to be absurdly unacceptable. I am not the only one who has this problem of missing achievements after the patch.

They also said that they are unable to grant achievements - which I found out is inaccurate since they grant achievements for 16m monolith kills pretty regularly.

I also don't want the achievement to be "manually granted" - I want the original dates of completion.

Only thing I'm asking for is for the devs to fix their mistake. The only thing I can do it make enough noise so that they do.

PS - I still have the Ultimate Hunter Achievement which requires you do have these achievements..... so.... just fix the mistake. 

Swtor Missing Achivements.png

• Like 2

Same thing happened to me. I'm missing Dxun timer which I earned several times. Also missing apex predator, true apex predator, and gatecrasher on a bunch of toons. not sure how I lost a dozen or so gatecrashers, but who even knows. I refuse to give money to a company that would pull this nonsense and remove stuff that I earned over several years and hundreds of hours of paid sub time. Admittedly, I could try to get the achievement back, and I could get to work on earning those individual character titles again, but that's not the point. I only subbed to this game for raiding. This is inexcusable. I cancelled my subscription as soon as I was informed that there is no chance of the titles being restored.

Edited by Jedi_Heratic
  • Like 1

If what I read on Discord is to be believed, it has to do with an exploit that allowed some people to obtain the achievement who shouldn’t have. Unfortunately, because they apparently can’t determine who exploited & who did it legitimately, they’ve reset it for everyone who achieved it during the period it was being exploited. 

I don’t really know how I feel about this heavy handed approach. Would it have really hurt anyone if they’d just fixed the exploit & not removed the achievements? It’s not like was it was a credit exploit or allowed players to obtain CM gear or anything. And they haven’t even made any official announcement about it that I can see. So I can understand why innocent players would be upset.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

Same here!

We did a Dread Fortress timerun on January 12th (that was my first and therefore also the achievement) and one on March 4th. Both characters now have the title removed and the achievement removed from my legacy. I could provide the respective parses for both raids.

Give back my legitimately earned timers!

• Like 1

If the exploit worked the way i understood it to, it should have been a simple matter to determine which were exploited, and which were not.  Furthermore, from what i've heard, people were getting them taken away that got them AFTER the exploit was fixed.  So all in all, this was a total failure on the part of the dev team to fix the original issue, and they are taking it out on people that didn't deserve it.

I get that the CSRs probably don't have the power to restore these titles, but they can pass the info on to those that can.  Just telling people to "do it again" is rather insulting.  Very poor customer service.

To be honest, i wouldn't blame people if they unsubbed and left the game over this.  i've seen it happen before.  To not do anything wrong and then get treated this way is extremely disrespectful of loyal paying customers.  keep in mind, these are paying customers, not f2p that may or may not spend any money on the game at all.

If they were gonna do a rollback, it should have been done when they disabled timers for a week or so, not weeks later and after the exploit was gone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is once again EA showing how much it cares about its loyal paying customers that have done nothing wrong. The games population is low already. Let us see how much damage this one does. As I said, with the game population so low any hit is not good for the game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

To be honest, i wouldn't blame people if they unsubbed and left the game over this.  i've seen it happen before.  To not do anything wrong and then get treated this way is extremely disrespectful of loyal paying customers.  keep in mind, these are paying customers, not f2p that may or may not spend any money on the game at all.

Update: People ARE cancelling subs over this.  

It's time to accept responsibility for your mistake and fix it right.  Give people back their titles and cheevos that they earned legitimately.    You had to go in and take them away from specific toons, so you can go back and give them back to those toons and regrant their cheevos.

You're driving people away and shrinking an already small nim community.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheReapersAP said:

I also don't want the achievement to be "manually granted" - I want the original dates of completion.

Why would you want that? At least if you get it again there will be no doubt you got it without bugs. 
It may have happened the same with 3.0 achievements, someone people would look at dates and think they were not earned. 

It sucks for people that got it legit and for the first time during that period (bug has been out allegedly for +/- year and exploited by some UE players, so be grateful it was only a few weeks or months titles were taken away), but with how easy it has become with the hp and damage nerf and overgear doing it again is not that hard either.

Would have been funny if instead of taking the titles away they just added new achievement/titles like they did with true apex predator, people that cheated cant get the new one and those that did it legit can get the new one. 

22 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

It sucks for people that got it legit and for the first time during that period (bug has been out allegedly for +/- year and exploited by some UE players,
so be grateful it was only a few weeks or months titles were taken away
), but with how easy it has become with the hp and damage nerf and overgear doing it again is not that hard either.

Be grateful they didn't remove the legitimately gotten achivements of more people? Uh, no they don't get that pass that they didn't mess things up worse

14 hours ago, GunqqerFriithian said:

Be grateful they didn't remove the legitimately gotten achivements of more people? Uh, no they don't get that pass that they didn't mess things up worse

Hardly what i am saying, bug has been out for a very long time but titles were only removed when the bug was widely known. Devs can make mistakes and release a bug they don't even know about, but it's also a part of the player base fault for abusing and not reporting a bug that in the end will harm the legit players. If you want to be mad be mad also about those players. I also know people that got their titles by abusing the bug and now are complaining their titles are removed, not everyone was "robbed" of their achievements 

8 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Hardly what i am saying, bug has been out for a very long time but titles were only removed when the bug was widely known. Devs can make mistakes and release a bug they don't even know about, but it's also a part of the player base fault for abusing and not reporting a bug that in the end will harm the legit players. If you want to be mad be mad also about those players. I also know people that got their titles by abusing the bug and now are complaining their titles are removed, not everyone was "robbed" of their achievements 

You know the saying don't throw the baby out with the bathwater? That's what they did here. Broadsword did not have to blanket nuke things, and the response from support is entirely insulting

Look, clearly this situation is awful for people who had nothing to do with whatever exploit occurred and still had their timed achievements removed.

For those who are upset, a little advice:

If BS restores achievements somehow for innocent players, good - your issue is resolved.

If they don't, I've found BW and now BS doesn't respect player time or effort in SWTOR compared to similar games. Achievements are sometimes retired without notice or any announced reason, negating the time and effort put in, while others break or never work properly to begin with, and are only sometimes fixed.

Sometime during 6.x or at 7.0, it became beyond clear you shouldn't play SWTOR for achievements. If you stop caring about them, you'll be much less frustrated with the game, assuming you continue playing it, in my opinion.

BS works with even fewer developers than the game had at BW, and it's not unreasonable to expect more bugs and fewer fixes when things go wrong. 

In short, even though achievements are a norm in MMOs and why people play them, SWTOR doesn't have a good track record in recent years of treating their players' time and effort via in-game achievements respectfully. Don't go out of your way to spend time on difficult ones, and you can't get burned when something inevitably goes wrong on the developers' end after an update. Players can't treat SWTOR like other, healthier MMOs on the market - it doesn't have the financial backing of its publisher like those games have, unfortunately. 

I'd honestly recommend at least trying to move on to a different MMO, one with more active development and a larger staff behind it. $15 a month, alongside purchasing the occasional expansion, yields a much better experience as a customer elsewhere. You can always come back to SWTOR occasionally if you miss the Star Wars setting. It's just a sad reality that EA and BW didn't care to keep SWTOR up to the standard other MMOs on the market currently still hold, for reasons the public likely won't ever be privy to. 

Edited by arunav

2 hours ago, GunqqerFriithian said:

You know the saying don't throw the baby out with the bathwater? That's what they did here. Broadsword did not have to blanket nuke things, and the response from support is entirely insulting

And what if those players that found the bug instead of abusing and keeping it a secret for over a year, they just reported the issue? But they didn't, they abused it for their own gain and got who knows how many titles and in the end hurt people that actually got their achievement legit. Nothing of this would have happened either. It's easy to blame just one side while both have a part of the blame. I didn't read any costumer service mail response, nor i know personally anyone that got their titles removed, but "do it again" is not among the worst possible response either, annoying probably if you did do it legit, but not one of the worst. Those knowingly abusing the bug should have been banned.
And not what i would have done if i was in charge of that decision either, if it is true it was impossible to differentiate between legit and abused titles as some claim it was, i would have created new titles like what they did after kite strat on apex was fixed, i stopped seeing people using "apex predator" when that happened because it showed you were not enough to get the "true apex predator" without abusing a bug mechanic/not what it was intended to happen.

Then i read of other players that got their title on that period and they did not lose it, so why some did and some didn't? If you know maybe you can help the people that got it legit and titles were still taken from them.
Costumer service can grant achievements, i know because on one of my accounts several years ago when i did ev council the achievement was not awarded, i sent a ticket with proof i killed it and i got the achievement and the ticket saying they saw and granted it. So either CM changed a lot from back then, people got a bad costumer service rep or their "legit" achievement is not as legit as they claim it is.

4 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

And what if those players that found the bug instead of abusing and keeping it a secret for over a year, they just reported the issue? But they didn't, they abused it for their own gain and got who knows how many titles and in the end hurt people that actually got their achievement legit. Nothing of this would have happened either. It's easy to blame just one side while both have a part of the blame. I didn't read any costumer service mail response, nor i know personally anyone that got their titles removed, but "do it again" is not among the worst possible response either, annoying probably if you did do it legit, but not one of the worst. Those knowingly abusing the bug should have been banned.
And not what i would have done if i was in charge of that decision either, if it is true it was impossible to differentiate between legit and abused titles as some claim it was, i would have created new titles like what they did after kite strat on apex was fixed, i stopped seeing people using "apex predator" when that happened because it showed you were not enough to get the "true apex predator" without abusing a bug mechanic/not what it was intended to happen.

Then i read of other players that got their title on that period and they did not lose it, so why some did and some didn't? If you know maybe you can help the people that got it legit and titles were still taken from them.
Costumer service can grant achievements, i know because on one of my accounts several years ago when i did ev council the achievement was not awarded, i sent a ticket with proof i killed it and i got the achievement and the ticket saying they saw and granted it. So either CM changed a lot from back then, people got a bad costumer service rep or their "legit" achievement is not as legit as they claim it is.

It is entirely fine to blame broadsword for a horrible response to a bug being exploited. It does not matter that the people exploiting it were exploiting a bug for personal gain in terms of people who *didn't* exploit it getting punished.
Yeah people who did exploit it should be punished, that is entirely fine, but blaming them for broadsword's bad reaction is wrong, broadsword could have reacted in a much better way

1 minute ago, GunqqerFriithian said:

It is entirely fine to blame broadsword for a horrible response to a bug being exploited. It does not matter that the people exploiting it were exploiting a bug for personal gain in terms of people who *didn't* exploit it getting punished.
Yeah people who did exploit it should be punished, that is entirely fine, but blaming them for broadsword's bad reaction is wrong, broadsword could have reacted in a much better way

Who is blaming just the players? I said both parts have a blame on the situation, those players and what the devs did. If the bug was reported when it was found out a year ago no one would have gotten their achievement lost/abused it.
Then again, if it's true it's impossible to know who abused it and who didn't... they have to do nothing? That will invite EVERYONE to participate in the next bug/exploit because they see nothing will happen.

I was already annoyed about the stupid new Copero mission and then saw this thread....  

What motivation is there to do anything or even play this game if you do something and it is undone later?  This further annoys me.  

I hate to be rude, but I have played a LOT of games over the years and dealt with a lot of dev teams and publishers and somehow this team always manages to shine as the low benchmark.  

Finally have an official post acknowledging that 1. they took away achievements in response to exploiters and 2. they will be looking into legitimate kills/achievements to validate them.

Glad it's happening, but why on earth didn't this happen BEFORE YOU TOOK THEM AWAY? Why didn't you differentiate between legitimate and exploited kills/achievements?

I sincerely hope it's because of this post and others like it making noise on the issue and how embarrassing it is for a company to do this.

For reference: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934244-removal-of-timer-achievements/

We'll see what happens....