Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Unable to login into SWTOR

CossackB

Hopefully it'll work, and I can get on and finish my Light Side Sith Assassin character's class story. I also hope the compensation is not just a toothpick (although I was considering getting that for a new character I wanted to create after finishing the class story). Maybe we could get a certain amount of the Galactic Seasons track already completed for us, considering we've missed over a week of working on it...? That would definitely help.

• Like 1

Yep... whatever fix they've applied seems to have worked. Looks to me like they've toned down the textures and stuff on the character select screen... maybe its using the graphics settings instead of trying to display higher textures by default.  Which obviously means our computers aren't crapping themselves trying to load the textures.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm in, I'm in I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Star Wars team for getting us back in! It has been the hardest 9 days that I have had lately(which really makes me realize how addicted to the game I was/am) 

Honestly once we get comped back for the time we lost as subscribers(and something extra since we last a week and 2 days of galactic seasons) I am ready to put this whole thing behind us :)

Kevin

• Like 3

welp, new patch came out and again I cant play the game.  Like the last patch I get stuck on the "chains in the dark"  screen with the loading cog rotating...during the last patch if I let my game sit for a while and then close it ..it would eventually let me load into the character select screen...now it does not. I'm a subscriber, which I read is the majority of the people having this happen. 

How are you all able to eventually fix this on your end?

OK, I was able to log in, too!! 
Here is the interesting part: I had been playing on a super-old Preferred account - the interface editor has now transferred the old saved IE to my subbed account. I can live with that, except that it seems I'm missing a quickbar. 🤷‍♀️ Wouldn't mind that back, but I have no idea how you would pull that off. LOL. If SWTOR could throw enough cartel coins our way so that we could catch up with GS, that would be fantastic. Otherwise...image.png.101cda97fc71f388a76389324300ea01.png

Thanks team!!!!!!! 

EDIT: WE FIXED IT!! :)

Edited by AmorandaAdamah
  • Like 4

Game fixed. I was able to log in. I will post again if anything changes. 

Thank you for the fix! I'm curious what's going to happen to us subscribers. Will we get compensated for the week+ of game time we lost?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Zombiesblvd said:

welp, new patch came out and again I cant play the game.  Like the last patch I get stuck on the "chains in the dark"  screen with the loading cog rotating...during the last patch if I let my game sit for a while and then close it ..it would eventually let me load into the character select screen...now it does not. I'm a subscriber, which I read is the majority of the people having this happen. 

How are you all able to eventually fix this on your end?

Based on what I've seen, it appears to be caused by the character select screen trying to load high quality textures of some of the newer armor sets (like the suppression trooper and reforged mandalorian hunter) on machines that can't handle it (seems to mostly be laptops with Intel integrated graphics).  If you have a large number of characters wearing some of these newer armor sets, attempting to load these textures causes the game to freeze.  For some reason the character select screen was apparently disregarding the graphics settings and attempting to load at high quality.

Anyway, you might try deleting / renaming your client_settings.ini file and relaunch the game.

Update:  @KeiralynHalcyon is finally able to get on her main account after two weeks.  Thank you...finally.  @NikkeiSimmer is now breathing a huge sigh of relief.  

@KeiralynHalcyon is now annoyed because she just put a sub on her secondary F2P account.  🤣

Well, hey...she's got two subbed accounts now.  😁👍

Edited by NikkeiSimmer

1 hour ago, Keirowyn said:

Based on what I've seen, it appears to be caused by the character select screen trying to load high quality textures of some of the newer armor sets (like the suppression trooper and reforged mandalorian hunter) on machines that can't handle it (seems to mostly be laptops with Intel integrated graphics).  If you have a large number of characters wearing some of these newer armor sets, attempting to load these textures causes the game to freeze.  For some reason the character select screen was apparently disregarding the graphics settings and attempting to load at high quality.

Anyway, you might try deleting / renaming your client_settings.ini file and relaunch the game.

Patch did not work for me, and i can't seem to find the correct files to delete/rename (rather, i want to make sure i'm messing with the right one)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.