Loadouts/Skill Tree Saving/Hotbar setups

Hello, I'd like to report a bug. So when setting up loadouts, it does NOT save your skill tree set up as it was saved when you save it as a loadout. I think that is something that should be fixed. Also, i do believe as well with saving a loadout, that it should allow you to also keep your skills in your hot bar set up the way you had them when you save it as a loadout, because all it does is scramble the skills all over again and then you have to go back into your skills and set up your opener/rotation set up the way you like it all over again. I feel like this should be an easy fix if the devs get to it but it would be greatly appreciated and much help especially for people who swap specs. Like me as an example I am an assassin, so i do Hatred for PvE and Deception for PvP and my skills/skill tree get all messed up even though i have loadouts saved for both of them. Hope this helps get this fixed.

1 hour ago, JayceMorin said:

Hello, I'd like to report a bug. So when setting up loadouts, it does NOT save your skill tree set up as it was saved when you save it as a loadout. I think that is something that should be fixed. Also, i do believe as well with saving a loadout, that it should allow you to also keep your skills in your hot bar set up the way you had them when you save it as a loadout, because all it does is scramble the skills all over again and then you have to go back into your skills and set up your opener/rotation set up the way you like it all over again. I feel like this should be an easy fix if the devs get to it but it would be greatly appreciated and much help especially for people who swap specs. Like me as an example I am an assassin, so i do Hatred for PvE and Deception for PvP and my skills/skill tree get all messed up even though i have loadouts saved for both of them. Hope this helps get this fixed.

Were you in a 'rest zone' when you tried to save the loadouts?  In my personal experience, loadout alterations don't save if you make them while actually adventuring but do save if you make them in your stronghold.

Once you make a new loadout, only use the 'Loadout' tab to switch between those loadouts and it will keep the skill tree, quickbar setups for each loadout you have setup.

If you switch combat styles/disciplines from the 'Combat Style' tab it does not remember your skill tree/quickbar setups.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 5:27 PM, Bar-Da-Voya said:

Once you make a new loadout, only use the 'Loadout' tab to switch between those loadouts and it will keep the skill tree, quickbar setups for each loadout you have setup.

If you switch combat styles/disciplines from the 'Combat Style' tab it does not remember your skill tree/quickbar setups.

A simple reminder pop up would alleviate a lot of the continued confusion about this aspect of an otherwise great feature. Just saying, BioSword.

On 3/6/2024 at 5:27 PM, Bar-Da-Voya said:

Does not work, shows the loadout there but it shows for my sorc instead of my other class. when i swap to it, just lets me swap loadouts, im talking about a whole diff class, swapping Sorc/Shadow as example. it doesnt work

3 minutes ago, JayceMorin said:

Does not work, shows the loadout there but it shows for my sorc instead of my other class. when i swap to it, just lets me swap loadouts, im talking about a whole diff class, swapping Sorc/Shadow as example. it doesnt work

So create the first loudout as, for example, madness sorcerer, and the second one as deception assassin. Now when switching between them you will change the class and all quickbars and equipment will be saved.

8 hours ago, JayceMorin said:

On your loadout page, there are numerous different slots for saving different loadouts. Name them (I use heals,deeps, datacron, etc.) as you save the loadouts. Then when you would like to switch to a different loadout, select the LOADOUT from the loadout screen (NOT your character or combat style screen, you must use the tab labelled Loadouts). When you save a loadout, it will save everything for both combat styles, including your armors and weapons if you need different ones -- saber/s vs. dualsaber, etc.  This does include your quick bars, as well. 

So you should have a loadout for your sorc. called whatever you want, and a second loadout for your shadow (again, name it anything you want). You can have numerous different loadouts for each. For example, I have one just for datacrons that includes hololocate (because I tend to miss jumps, heh, and don't use it otherwise--outside ops, but I have a loadout for those, too).

Anyway, I hope this all helps. I was just switching loadouts yesterday, so I know it is working (knock wood!).  If it's still not clear (and it really is confusing at first), check out Sworista's vid on it: https://youtu.be/aA_gaX-N4A4?si=M-ZIL22M0GflVPeF

1 hour ago, TahliahCOH said:

On your loadout page, there are numerous different slots for saving different loadouts. Name them (I use heals,deeps, datacron, etc.) as you save the loadouts. Then when you would like to switch to a different loadout, select the LOADOUT from the loadout screen (NOT your character or combat style screen, you must use the tab labelled Loadouts). When you save a loadout, it will save everything for both combat styles, including your armors and weapons if you need different ones -- saber/s vs. dualsaber, etc.  This does include your quick bars, as well. 

So you should have a loadout for your sorc. called whatever you want, and a second loadout for your shadow (again, name it anything you want). You can have numerous different loadouts for each. For example, I have one just for datacrons that includes hololocate (because I tend to miss jumps, heh, and don't use it otherwise--outside ops, but I have a loadout for those, too).

Anyway, I hope this all helps. I was just switching loadouts yesterday, so I know it is working (knock wood!).  If it's still not clear (and it really is confusing at first), check out Sworista's vid on it: https://youtu.be/aA_gaX-N4A4?si=M-ZIL22M0GflVPeF

Ok, maybe people arent understanding. YES I UNDERSTAND THE LOADOUT TABS. My problem is, example, i made a Infiltration load out / sorc load out. But when im ON MY SORC CLASS, the loadout for the infiltration shows up as a MADNESS SORC LOADOUT and NOT A SHADOW LOADOUT. That is where my problem starts. So i CANNOT swap classes without hitting the shadow button on combat style because it does NOT swap for me in loadouts

Personaly, I created a loadout with basic craft stuff in my legacy storage. Everytime I need to switch betwwen loadout, I use the loadout craft one and switch again with the wanted one.
For ce records, when you switch bw sage dps and sage tank loadouts, linked class item will stay in you rinventory cuz equipable with tank or dps restricted.

Loadouts should be updated cuz some things aree missing to make them more usefull and understandable.

17 hours ago, JayceMorin said:

ON MY SORC CLASS

When you say "CLASS" here, do you mean "Origin Story" or "Combat Style"?  (SWTOR no longer has anything that it *calls* "class", and people use "class" to mean either or both of those...)

Edited by SteveTheCynic

20 hours ago, JayceMorin said:

Ok, maybe people arent understanding. YES I UNDERSTAND THE LOADOUT TABS. My problem is, example, i made a Infiltration load out / sorc load out. But when im ON MY SORC CLASS, the loadout for the infiltration shows up as a MADNESS SORC LOADOUT and NOT A SHADOW LOADOUT. That is where my problem starts. So i CANNOT swap classes without hitting the shadow button on combat style because it does NOT swap for me in loadouts

It shows up that way because you saved it that way. At this point, I would just create a new loadout for infiltration; it doesn't matter what YOU call it because it will say "shadow infiltration" under the name you give the loadout once it is saved. So you can see exactly what the loadout is. Your madness sorc, will say "sorcerer madness" under it. If you do not have a loadout that THE GAME explicitly states is a shadow, then you have not saved one. You need to save two loadouts for what you are describing, one for the madness sorc and one for the shadow infiltration. The discipline (i.e. madness, infiltration) will save to the loadout until you manually change anything while in that loadout (so don't ever do that).

So, on my JK, I have a loadout for datacrons that I have creatively called "datacrons." When I click on that loadout, it reads "Datacrons" on top and underneath it reads "sage, telekinesis." On the same toon, I have a loadout for soloing, which I very creatively called "solo," and when I click on that loadout, it reads "Solo" on top, and underneath it reads "Shadow, infiltration." For whichever one I want, I click that loadout, click activate, and voila!

To iterate, once you have saved a loadout, you will overwrite it every single time you make a change to anything (your quick bars, your armor, your weapon, your skill tree, ANYTHING you change will be changed in the loadout). The loadout will now be what you have just done, NOT how you originally saved it.

It sounds like you just need to start over and never make any changes to a toon unless you want that change to be saved to your current loadout.

I hope this helps (and we are all really trying to help you, promise).

Edited by TahliahCOH
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:08 AM, JayceMorin said:

Yes, we are not understanding the situation you are explaining, as your experience here does not seem to line up with ours (to be fair, this is one of those 'far easier to show you than to actually explain it' types of things, so you're facing a bit of an uphill struggle here).

A few comments/questions:

1. One thing to remember about loadouts is when you change from 'Loadout A' to 'Loadout B', 'Loadout A' is automatically saved as it currently is, so if you made any manual changes to your Combat Style, Discipline Tree, Tree selections, or gearing, your original loadout will be overwritten with these changes.
    1. Are you making manual changes like these?
    2. Does anyone else have access to your account (sibling, significant other, parent, child, or roommate) and might be playing around with your Spec?
  2. I have to mention again that loadout changes don't seem to 'save' outside of rest zones.
    1. Are you creating/fixing these loadouts in a stronghold or other rest zone?
  3. You describe the issue as 'the loadout for the infiltration shows up as a MADNESS SORC LOADOUT and NOT A SHADOW LOADOUT':  I've noticed the image for my loadout often use my current weapon rather than the weapon in that particular loadout, but the appropriate weapon is wielded correctly when I actually activate that loadout.
    1. Are you having an issue with your actual loadout or just the graphic for it?

Do you have the 2nd combat style unlocked on the character? Loadouts are character specific and you can only swap to a different combat style on a character if you have the 2nd combat style unlocked and ran the mission to choose the 2nd combat style.

If you do have the 2nd combat style unlocked follow the directions below. Works for me.

It sounds like you created your initial loadout on with your Madness SORC. Set that one up how you want in your Loadout and that will be your Madness SORC loadout.

To setup your Infiltration SHADOW loadout, create a 2nd Loadout and swap to it (it will initially say Madness Sorc because you are still in that spec). Then go to the Combat Style tab and swap your combat style to Shadow and Infiltration and then setup your skill tree/hotbar how you want for your Infiltration SHADOW and now you should have a loadout that says Madness SORC and a loadout that says Infiltration SHADOW. 

Now you should be able to switch between the 2 on the Loadout Screen and your skill tree and hotbars will be remembered for each spec.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.