Kessan's Landing Datacron disappointment

Saeten

Spoiler

Only +10 endurance for 3hrs of chain quests?  So disappointing...

Took me 3 hours of the chain quest.  Some cute stuff in there....  but the end result was.......  disappointing.  If you want to see the disappointment... the spoiler is above...  Also, I don't think you can summon to it either.

• Like 1

My biggest disappointment was what l couldn't join a friend while he was doing it. I didn't even need progress since I've already done it. I just wanted to join his instance, so we could run it together rather than me just waiting around for him to finish. Whichever decision maker thinks it's a good idea to keep forcing solo only instances into an MMO is seriously lacking an understanding of why people play MMOs in the first place. Having a solo option (as a choice) is great - being forced to do missions solo in MMO is horrible user experience which goes against the very spirit of the genre.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 6

tell me about it, i also had a bad bug where my card clearance thingy dissapeared on my main char, even complained about it on forum but nobody answered (including the devs) i then had to repeat it on other character and luckly it worked, i have to say its not really hard as much as it is just long for not a big reward, not even in lore sense but like person above said at least its not Onderon one (im yet to actually get that one after 2 years).

• Like 1

i had issue killing the droid as tank, did not have dps gear even tho i changed into dps spec i was still unable to kill it solo probably due to tank gear, anyways after several try with different guild mates i finally managed to join one of them and we did it together, as MMO it should be very easy to join others and do it together or solo if you choose to do it solo, for some reason when i went into volcano map it was my map and my guild mate could not join me, i finally ask my guild mate to go in first and then it worked and i joined him, i do not know  why? maybe mine was bugged, but in a MMO we should be able to join easy, it does not matter my map or him, let us join together whenever we want, its MMO for god sake, bad game design.

as for the reward yeah its pathetic the only reason people are doing it because the content patch is so small there is not much to do, so you do datacron as well just to keep yourself busy a bit longer, the datacron itself is worthless.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

tell me about it, i also had a bad bug where my card clearance thingy dissapeared on my main char, even complained about it on forum but nobody answered (including the devs) i then had to repeat it on other character and luckly it worked, i have to say its not really hard as much as it is just long for not a big reward, not even in lore sense but like person above said at least its not Onderon one (im yet to actually get that one after 2 years).

The bug is still there. My friend also had his card disappear and we had to find him another one. I agree, it's better than Onderon one which is also solo instance as I remember. Glad to hear that some people were able to join forces for this one - we haven't tried me going in first, and whenever I tried to follow, I just ended up in my own instance (no choice as in some other places, just walk through green and end up alone).

18 hours ago, Saeten said:
  Rivela contenuti nascosti

Solo +10 di resistenza per 3 ore di missioni a catena? Così deludente...

Mi ci sono volute 3 ore per la ricerca a catena. C'è un po' di roba carina lì dentro... ma il risultato finale è stato....... deludente. Se vuoi vedere la delusione... lo spoiler è sopra... Inoltre, non credo che tu possa nemmeno evocarlo.

38 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

Il bug è ancora lì. Anche al mio amico è scomparsa la sua carta e abbiamo dovuto trovargliene un'altra. Sono d'accordo, è meglio di quello di Onderon che è anche un esempio da solista, se ricordo bene. Sono contento di sapere che alcune persone sono riuscite a unire le forze per questo: non abbiamo provato a mettermi in gioco per primo, e ogni volta che ho provato a seguirlo, mi sono ritrovato nel mio caso (nessuna scelta come in altri posti, solo camminare nel verde e ritrovarsi da soli).

Datacrons are important but not vital, you can play without them: 
a pack with all the available Datacrons solves all the problems 
related to them: Or you can connect them to the individual secondary 
stories of each campaign on each planet where the player's story takes 
place would encourage increased play. excluding them from the legacy and making sure they are exclusive to each individual character. 
I apologize for my bad English...

1 hour ago, SirrEddy said:

Datacrons are important but not vital, you can play without them: 
a pack with all the available Datacrons solves all the problems 
related to them: Or you can connect them to the individual secondary 
stories of each campaign on each planet where the player's story takes 
place would encourage increased play. excluding them from the legacy and making sure they are exclusive to each individual character. 
I apologize for my bad English...

And your point is? We all know they are "not vital". So? It's no excuse for it being buggy, or for forcing MMO players to play missions solo. BTW, in case you didn't know, they used to be exclusive to each character and only later became legacy-wide unlock (a welcome change by vast majority of players).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VegaMist said:

E il tuo punto è? Sappiamo tutti che "non sono vitali". COSÌ? Non c'è alcuna scusa per la presenza di bug o per costringere i giocatori di MMO a svolgere missioni da soli. A proposito, nel caso non lo sapessi, erano esclusivi per ciascun personaggio e solo in seguito sono diventati sbloccabili a livello legacy (un cambiamento gradito dalla stragrande maggioranza dei giocatori).

Good evening, I'm not a beginner in this mmo, 
I play from Italy, and in my opinion the Datacrons as they are 
today make no sense for the story of a player and the growth 
of a character it would be more useful to 
forge the character with unique characteristics.
sorry for the bad English

Datacron....thumb.JPG.2ddbff7005128bc1fd4425cdceeb7c6e.JPGNONsonounnovellino.thumb.JPG.8a6d2eb4cd41e7d41a6f8eb156105dec.JPGCatturaquestosono.thumb.JPG.00c835e74ab12ae8e69a989c9f416555.JPG

11 minutes ago, SirrEddy said:

Good evening, I'm not a beginner in this mmo, I play from Italy, and in my opinion the Datacrons as they are today make no sense for the story of a player and the growth of a character it would be more useful to forge the character with unique characteristics. sorry for the bad English

No, thank you. We already have an awkward ability tree and gazillion of gear types to do that. Datacrons are fine the way they are (even if disappointing sometimes in effort vs. reward department) as long as they fix the bugs and don't force us to do them solo.

And, btw, my issue with "solo only" content is not limited to Datacrons, but applies to ANY forced-solo content in the game, as well as to content when only one person is allowed to progress. There are reasons so many players praise the first set of chapters and avoid replaying KOTFE/ET and beyond - single-person progression and being forced to play solo through flashpoints that follow are among those reasons. If they went back and fixed that nonsense, the re-play-ability of all that content would go way up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VegaMist said:

The bug is still there. My friend also had his card disappear and we had to find him another one. I agree, it's better than Onderon one which is also solo instance as I remember. Glad to hear that some people were able to join forces for this one - we haven't tried me going in first, and whenever I tried to follow, I just ended up in my own instance (no choice as in some other places, just walk through green and end up alone).

i did everything solo, found the jumping fairly easy and droid fight was a bit frustrating but after learning the tricks and with level 50 lana healing it was fairly easy that being said i do agree that several players should be able to enter, just to make it more fun or easy for other people, as for the card i not only lost it but i was actually unable to retrieve it in places in which i picked it up on my main, for example garage did not have cards to pick up anymore i guess game thought i have it already? not sure but i was unable to finish it with my main i did kessan on then i had to log on my alt and redo EVERYTHING with her, its very frustrating to have to redo that entire chain of quests + the datacron hunt itself when its not even your fault that you don't have it anymore, its also frustrating to write entire post about it just for it to be ignored, i wrote it on same day that this happened, i wrote hour it happened on gave all info etc etc, never got a response, i genuinely had to take a break from this after the bug for few months, then after few months redo it on my other char.

i have to say thought kessan being short isn't my reasoning for doing it, im big on lore and thats main reason i do these im in it becuse i like aspect of getting a datacron, especially as a sith or jedi wanting to learn more, i like how theres actual lore in them and i actually did learn a lot with them, this is also why im not bothered by bad strat all that much but i honestly think the lore about the doctor was a bit lazy and short, especially if we compare this to paragraphs of lore we get on original class story planet, i get immense satisfaction from finding truly hard ones and then reading lots of lore, both hard and lore part felt short on this one, but the buggy part sure as hell was there and pretty much broke my game on main.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just want to let everyone know, the help desk is incredibly unprofessional and unhelpful.  I reached out to them about the same problems you all had.  They basically told me to F OFF.  I now believe we have reached a point they really don't need our money in any form and the game needs to cease to exist.  It truly is a disappointment and disgusting.