Game doesn't start

luxplay

13 minutes ago, luxplay said:

Hi y'all.

I haven't had any issues until now.I login to client, start game, screen is black but after 10s it shows loading screen and crashes. How to fix?

Have you checked in here yet? -->  https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en

If not, try  sending email to:  support@swtor.com

• Like 1

I had this just happen to me when I checked the windows notification for an update for Adobe. I actually clicked for the update as swtor was just starting to load. The same pink colors in the middle. Force closed the game with task manager. Made sure all components of Adobe were finished and not running and started the game as normal.

something running on the pc might have choked your game at start like mine. 

edit: I also have things running on my pc like geforce experience if that could help at all.

Best bet is to try running 1 less program at start up each time until it gets better. 

On 2/20/2024 at 2:08 PM, luxplay said:

It started, but with this mess

12.png

Not saying it's what you did, but this can happen if you have the game set to Fullscreen, and let the game start up without it in focus. Like maybe you used your web brower or clicked on things on your computer while waiting for the game to load.

If you can work it out, set the game to borderless mode. This should go away, and the game will run a lot smoother too.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Not saying it's what you did, but this can happen if you have the game set to Fullscreen, and let the game start up without it in focus. Like maybe you used your web brower or clicked on things on your computer while waiting for the game to load.

If you can work it out, set the game to borderless mode. This should go away, and the game will run a lot smoother too.

For me I did do this because I have 2 monitors and clicked the other screen while the Adobe updated as swtor loaded.  I forgot to mention that above. Also I was in windows borderless.  A lot of back and forth with the screens does sometimes cause my pc to have a difficult time.