Why are the Exploration quest symbols so small now?

Toraak

I've just started leveling a new alt, and noticed how tiny the Quest symbol is for exploration quests above the NPC heads. Truthfully I don't even notice them anymore. Is there a setting to enlarge them to what they used to be or is this just another poor decision by Broadsword for when it comes to people with poor vision?

I'm starting to think the people that are making some of the decisions are not even considering that they have players that may have a vision disability. Just another terrible decision, just like removing the Very Low graphics was.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bioware turned them off by default at one point, and they remained off for several years. I can't say I ever found the symbols small since their return, but I can say it's better than having them turned off. It absolutely makes no sense to this day that there would be an option to turn them off, or that they are somehow less important than some other side quests. Dromund Kaas has some really good ones, and this is where new players are being first introduced to the world they characters exist in.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2024 at 8:11 AM, Traceguy said:

Bioware turned them off by default at one point, and they remained off for several years. I can't say I ever found the symbols small since their return, but I can say it's better than having them turned off. It absolutely makes no sense to this day that there would be an option to turn them off, or that they are somehow less important than some other side quests. Dromund Kaas has some really good ones, and this is where new players are being first introduced to the world they characters exist in.

Are they not still off by default? Recently when i made new toons i had to manually go and enable exploration missions, though even then they show with a faded triangle rather then the bold one they should be

7 hours ago, YaddleTwo said:

Are they not still off by default? Recently when i made new toons i had to manually go and enable exploration missions, though even then they show with a faded triangle rather then the bold one they should be

I made a new character back when Kessan's Landing came out, and all the exploration quests were turned on.

I've taken some screenshots. They are a little darker than normal quests, however, they're just as faded as heroics.

image.png.1ec1aca6dc5de50bfd7fba483fd46195.pngimage.png.acf4b92c7c885ffb25f626ac9492e4c9.pngimage.png.cd829e64294ada401ab5d6a2296fa44e.pngimage.png.7938bff3413879ac5e02ae3f838afc11.pngimage.png.166d140d0752c7103b590b0cfb44ea72.png

I don't even see the option anymore to turn these on or off anymore. They are permanently enabled 

image.thumb.png.b97a1030d16d14d2a55a4107f72e425e.png

image.png

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, KyraMalakai said:

To turn them on/off you need to go to map filters.

That filters them on the map, not in the world.

Here's an older screenshot. It used to be a dedicated setting. Not a filter.

image.png.644ea9aba72c93319c1d4f7659ef7c88.png

Edited by Traceguy

The filter setting only controls whether they show up on the minimap or not. They are now displayed all the time above NPCs' heads whether the setting is on or off. That is a change from the original behavior.

The new icons do seem hard to spot in a lot of areas in the game. When I'm wanting to do them, I check the minimap often as I travel to make sure I'm not missing any. I would like them to be easier to see. Maybe they could change the color to bright green. That way it would be clear they aren't normal missions. They could also change heroics to orange color. I think it's always good to have two forms of feedback. In this case, it would be the shape and the color that indicate the type of mission.

Edited by ThanderSnB

19 hours ago, Traceguy said:

That filters them on the map, not in the world.

14 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

The filter setting only controls whether they show up on the minimap or not.

Didn't notice it wasn't tuning them off in the world since mine are always on, my bad.

I agree that with the latest patches some visual elements have been harder to see in size and color intensity and it should became easier not the other way round. They really need to do something about that some people do have eyesight problems.