I'm providing my feedback regarding my thoughts on the current state of the game and the subscription statuses.

lEziol

The game isn't going forward and the graphics, physics, animations, combat, characters, player cosmetics and all other structural content is OUTDATED. You level too fast, you get money too fast, everything is too inflated and expensive to the point of distaste. Once you are out of the greeny state, the games lifeness dies.

I do not and cannot justify spending $77 yearly on this game when the game is falling so far behind and when the developers do not listen to the players, especially when it involves bad guilds who are ruining the game for everyone like [redacted, you cant report or even call them out without getting into trouble. Thanks CommunityDroid...] and their sub-guilds who keep exploiting and inflating the game further.

I've held this account since 2013 and from then to now, I have seen a lot with this game, I love the starter planets like Ord Mantel, they are comfortable, involved, exciting and colorful. But the more you go through the planets, the more dull, soulless and uninspired they become. On top of that the combat makes it even worse.

I DO NOT ever want to see this game fail, I want to see it grow, update, evolve like RuneScape does and has. SWTOR could also benefit from Xbox and PlayStation releases as well to bring in more players like Neverwinter did with it's console launches, but forever being stuck in the past will be the downfall of every game that doesn't update to meet the current graphical and gameplay standards.

This has been a tough decision to make, I didn't want to do it originally, but in the end. I had to make a decision and in the decision was to cancel my yearly subscription in hopes to relax and see it grow again. I love you SWTOR and I hope one day I can come back to a completely different game experience whether it be to the original, updated SWTOR or a fresh, new SWTOR 2 release. 

Edited by lEziol
Some spell correction and added a new line to the first portion to further explain my frustrations and concern.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

say what you want about the game but graphics got updated really well, it feels like different game sometimes.

The games graphics have been updated yes, but nowhere near where they need to be. Certainly NOT enough to make it feel like a different game at all. If you feel like it makes it a different game by adding a higher density shadow map, then you are sadly mistaken, in denial or are looking through nostalgia goggles. 

I've been a game developer since 2015, went to school for it and got my certs. I do believe Broadsword can and should do better regarding it, but has been completely radio silent about it, rather I get a warning point from the moderators for a forum rule relating to another issue I mentioned above.

Edited by lEziol

3 hours ago, lEziol said:

The games graphics have been updated yes, but nowhere near where they need to be. Certainly NOT enough to make it feel like a different game at all. If you feel like it makes it a different game by adding a higher density shadow map, then you are sadly mistaken, in denial or are looking through nostalgia goggles. 

I've been a game developer since 2015, went to school for it and got my certs. I do believe Broadsword can and should do better regarding it, but has been completely radio silent about it, rather I get a warning point from the moderators for a forum rule relating to another issue I mentioned above.

pfft yeah sure anyone disagreeing with you is in denial and you were a game developer, sure and im a rocket scientist, you can be a nay sayer and look for bad things in everything all you want but the fact is graphics did improve to a point it looks like a different game, i won't say everything in game improved becuse it hasn't but i give credit where credit is due.

1 hour ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

pfft yeah sure anyone disagreeing with you is in denial and you were a game developer, sure and im a rocket scientist, you can be a nay sayer and look for bad things in everything all you want but the fact is graphics did improve to a point it looks like a different game, i won't say everything in game improved becuse it hasn't but i give credit where credit is due.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/770184326057820210/1190074877974171769/VossBeforeandAfter_FINAL.png?ex=65d7d999&is=65c56499&hm=1c22c10d5f4cfe694b87e3240afd2cf56999b650e1c664174867fdeb1731100f&=

If you are going to start trolling or causing a fuss on my thread, at least have the proof to back it up. This is the extent of the graphical changes. Posted by the SWTOR TEAM THEMSELVES. 

The game runs on a 2008 Highly Modified and Hacked Beta version of the Hero Engine and uses DirectX 9 (not DX12) Graphics. The graphics are VERY good for a DX9 game. It's never going to look like DX12 until the engine gets upgraded to a DX12 capable game engine.

Complain all you want but that is the Reality of it.

1 hour ago, TziganeNZ said:

/shrug

Must admit, I've never noticed any difference to the graphics after the 'update'. Everything just looks the same as it did before.

Same.

I never run highest graphics settings though because everything is too flashy and bright for me, so that might be the reason.

Il y a 2 heures, denavin a dit :

The game runs on a 2008 Highly Modified and Hacked Beta version of the Hero Engine and uses DirectX 9 (not DX12) Graphics. The graphics are VERY good for a DX9 game. It's never going to look like DX12 until the engine gets upgraded to a DX12 capable game engine.

Complain all you want but that is the Reality of it.

DX12 is planned to be in the game later, Keith said thay are working on it.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, YeOldeFuntastic a dit :

I'm more interested in finding out about the $77 annual subscription.  Tell more, please.

I know you didn't say outright, but you did say "$77 yearly" and then "annual subscription" later, so I inferred...

Mabye in using a vpn and changing the country.

Edited by Kazuone

2 hours ago, denavin said:

until the engine gets upgraded to a DX12 capable game engine.

Keith did mention that they were going to do that one time a while ago. (Maybe they wanted to write that as modified heavily for said hero engine though). I think it was at the first mention of the AWS cloud service for the servers. It could have been hype just like the 10th anniversary. If anyone finds that mention I'll give them a cookie :D

I was beaten to the finish line lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kazuone said:

DX12 is planned to be in the game later, Keith said thay are working on it.

Agreed.... So complaining about the way it looks now is a waste if time.

When it happens.... If it happens... Then we shall see....

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 2:35 AM, Kazuone said:

Mabye in using a vpn and changing the country.

I live in the US, that was my original price when I first subscribed to the game.

Edited by lEziol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.