Gearing Outfitter

On 2/2/2024 at 10:20 AM, Traceguy said:

What's really a pain is that they require you to have 15 slots of inventory open, because even if 2 loadouts use the exact same gear, the game seems to be quickly unequipping everything and reequipping everything. I shouldn't need 15 slots open if I have all the gear in my inventory, because the space I have before the swap will be equal to the space I have after the swap. They should do a smart check and calculate how much you need if not.

And if these 2 load outs use different weapons/implants/tactical, they get randomly tossed all over the place in the inventory, rather than trading places. It's an absolute mess for characters I do Healing and DPS on, or switch between 2 DPS classes.

There are just so many irritations that come with the current set up. The list is literally endless. The sad part is that there is no actual reason this hasn't been put into play or any actual argument why this shouldn't be a thing. They already made the gear legacy bound it's not like we haven't all just been transferring the gear nonstop. I agree with everything you are saying and everyone else. Wish we could tag them in this post or they could give us some kind of update on future plans for this. The way it is now just seems unfinished to be completely honest. Imagine explaining this absolute disaster of a system to a new player. If I was a new player that would definitely turn me away from progressing into endgame and just leave. On top of all the other bugs we have dealt with over the years due to our love for the game. It's crazy this hasn't been fixed but hey let's make sure those cartel armors don't clip! It's wild honestly. I know Broadsword is a new owner of SWTOR but if you want to build a community I feel like you should actually listen to real everyday problems people are having. Some of the "ease of life" things they have added are great. This one is, at this point, a necessity. We never asked for this kind of gearing system it was basically one of Biofail's final "features" before they left. Broadsword definitely improved upon it which was fantastic. It would be kind of silly in all honesty to just stop yet we haven't heard anything from them since December when everyone blew up on them about the Cartel Market discounts. I just think it's kind of nuts not to respond to something like this when have people monitoring these forums all the time.

On 2/2/2024 at 9:20 AM, Traceguy said:

What's really a pain is that they require you to have 15 slots of inventory open, because even if 2 loadouts use the exact same gear, the game seems to be quickly unequipping everything and reequipping everything. I shouldn't need 15 slots open if I have all the gear in my inventory, because the space I have before the swap will be equal to the space I have after the swap. They should do a smart check and calculate how much you need if not.

And if these 2 load outs use different weapons/implants/tactical, they get randomly tossed all over the place in the inventory, rather than trading places. It's an absolute mess for characters I do Healing and DPS on, or switch between 2 DPS classes.

This is not quite 100% correct:  I've noticed that I can change loadouts without 15 open slots when the two loadouts are variations on the same spec (typically single target spec vs AoE spec for my Lightning Sorcerer and Balance Sage).

• Like 1

Adding myself onto this. I would even be happy with an unlockable second inventory page as less desireable alternative. I'd easily drop 2.5Mil or some CCs per character on a second inventory page for gear. Then I can have my actual inventory back.

I'm just sick of having like two rows open that immediately fill with mediocre gear while running ops because I'm carrying my gear on me. Otherwise we have to run back to the legacy bank between respecs.

This would be such a major QoL improvement

• Like 3

On 2/9/2024 at 10:53 AM, Rohndogg said:

Adding myself onto this. I would even be happy with an unlockable second inventory page as less desireable alternative. I'd easily drop 2.5Mil or some CCs per character on a second inventory page for gear. Then I can have my actual inventory back.

I'm just sick of having like two rows open that immediately fill with mediocre gear while running ops because I'm carrying my gear on me. Otherwise we have to run back to the legacy bank between respecs.

This would be such a major QoL improvement

Could not agree more.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:06 PM, Aira said:

Inventory space needs a big overhaul, no reason cant have a slot for armor as well as toys. Swapping gear and have the inventory space is ridiculous.

It would be great to have extra pages for armor and toys!   Would love that, I could finally have my inventory space back for running around without having to go back or deploy a legacy/character bank.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2024 at 7:06 PM, Aira said:

Inventory space needs a big overhaul, no reason cant have a slot for armor as well as toys. Swapping gear and have the inventory space is ridiculous.

I think toys should go to the abilities menu, like mounts and pets.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/15/2024 at 8:06 PM, Aira said:

I agree so I am hoping someone from the dev team hears this.

Edited by Darh_Hellraiser
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is an insanely good idea. I would love to be able to run with multiple loadouts if, for example, my burn-specialized Sharpshooter ever needed to swap to a heal-spec'd Scoundrel. Why carry all that in my main inventory if I don't have to? Having each loadout contain it's own mini-inventory that holds just gear (main hand, off-hand, armor, device, implants, relics, tactical) sounds like a worthwhile investment. I'm sure that 9 times out of 10, players who actively swap disciplines on the fly (for content such as MMFP and NiMOp) would get a ton of use out of it.