PLEASE Stop premades farming solo players

flickoz

there are thousands of solo players, and new join at roughly the same pace as old quit, the average playtime of solo players is low compared to grouped players who make friends ingame/play with their friends. this is an MMO, devs want to promote playing with friends as the retention rate of those players is higher than solo

the matchmaking system already priorities putting a group vs another group, but if there is nothing else in queue it will after a while put them against solo players, which is industry standard not just for MMOs but for basically all games, don't see the devs changing something that works

so i guess, just learn to deal with it or make friends?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Even without dealing with premade the queue times are long if your win rate or stats, or whatever they decide to use as a skill metric is high. Along with that the longer you're in queue the more likely you get backfilled. As a solo player, there is no escape from being backfilled at all. 

Anyway, there's not really a perfect solution outside of capping group sizes again. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 3:36 PM, ilubebi said:

+1

Have you seen the last... I don't know... eight months of posts asking for the same thing?

Developers don't care. Literally at all.

The last 12 yrs. Devs don't give a flying ...

• Like 1

As a player who enjoys both Solo queue and playing with premades... even I'm in favor of reducing the max amount of players who can queue in a group for wzs. It really should be 4 and no more, and that would be a good compromise for both sides. Matchmaking against a 4 man premade should in theory work better as well, as you should see 4 inexperienced players matched up with the 4 man premade and the more experienced solo queue players on the other side. Just waiting for Broadsword to make a move 🤔🤔

Edited by Samcuu
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sauerkraut said:

The last 12 yrs. Devs don't give a flying ...

Yea. I was trying to be 'nice' to the OP, but it has been about a decade.

They spit in everyone's face, too.

Community: Premades aren't fun!
Devs: Hmm... how can we fix this? RIGHT! Let's allow EIGHT MANS. /spit

10 hours ago, ilubebi said:

Yea. I was trying to be 'nice' to the OP, but it has been about a decade.

They spit in everyone's face, too.

Community: Premades aren't fun!
Devs: Hmm... how can we fix this? RIGHT! Let's allow EIGHT MANS. /spit

IMG_5818.jpeg.852e734d32f2a0d545a1f120aabbeebc.jpeg