I Think I Broke "Lava Problems" (Kessan's Landing Datacron)

RaneTheExile

So long story short, yay I got the datacron, however the quest didn't complete and the door didn't open so I could exit.

Now the long story.
Got in the phased area, did the 5 clickable objects, made it past the savrips.
Made it through the lava maze, activated the terminal that dropped the door shield, killed the droid and got the detonator drop.
Went to the door, apparently time expired and shield was up, had to go click terminal again, then when making to back the door, graciously blew my jump and died in lava.
Back to med-center and had to reacquire the mission.
Did the clickable objects again, etc. etc. but this time around I already had the detonation item in my inventory, so just clicked the terminal to drop the door shield, proceeded to door and blew it.
Made it through the last lava area to datacron, clicked, got the "cutscene" telling me I now have +10 endurance, scene ends and...  nothing.
Mission didn't complete, exit didn't open.  I do have the datacron showing in my legacy though, so I guess it doesn't matter in the long run that the quest didn't complete, however, something is definitely wrong here.
I tried redoing it fresh, but when I get back to the datacron, it's unclickable (since it was already collected once, though usually there's a cutscene that pops up in this case telling you the datacron(s) are no longer active) thus no trigger for the mission to end.

Anyone else get this lovely bug?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RaneTheExile said:

So long story short, yay I got the datacron, however the quest didn't complete and the door didn't open so I could exit.

yep , got it  on  Day 1 of  new 7.4 update  and i haven't bothered to  go back to try 'abandon' the mission

gonna re-test  soon on another character  though, and see if the  BUG  repeats same way

48 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

Yeah my mission never completed either. Not sure it is intended to as you lose the mission anyways when you leave the instance. Hard to say with these devs if it is a bug or intended.

I believe the intent is for it to complete once you click the datacron and clear the cutscene; I found a video on youtube showing it complete successfully w/ the exit door opening, although I can't recall if that was from the PTS or live.  Just another weird thing.

Hey there, so I had the EXACT same attempt when I did this on my main and I had no idea what I was doing.  I got the detonation drop, shield was up, missed the jump and died and had to start over from the med center.  All of those same things.  I still had the drop in inventory and I used it after aquiring the mission again, but it did complete for me so I'm not sure what might cause the error.  I wasn't using any sort of guide so maybe I triggered something when I was exploring or taking my time and checking things as I went through it all.  I know that upon entering the volcanic area you can hug the left wall and jump/port to the droids or you can take the long way around where you click to deactivate the shield and eventually pass the big droid.  I took the long way around so maybe there is an invisible trigger somewhere.   I just wanted to confirm that you can have the series of events and it can be done that way and complete it.

NewDatacron.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 12/23/2023 at 12:33 AM, RaneTheExile said:

I tried redoing it fresh, but when I get back to the datacron, it's unclickable (since it was already collected once, though usually there's a cutscene that pops up in this case telling you the datacron(s) are no longer active) thus no trigger for the mission to end.

We had a group going in to get the datacron. Our problem, however, that after  finally making it to the datacron room, there WAS NO datacron. The table was empty! and there was no blocking wall.  We'll try again today, but after several hours, this was very frustrating.

On 5/3/2024 at 12:39 PM, galit said:

We had a group going in to get the datacron. Our problem, however, that after  finally making it to the datacron room, there WAS NO datacron. The table was empty! and there was no blocking wall.  We'll try again today, but after several hours, this was very frustrating.

Did you make sure the group leader was the one that needed the datacron?

You have to run it for every player (group leader) that needs it from what I heard.

Edited by ronin_chi_lao