US Holidays Count - EU don't?

stupidhero

Why, instead of making the maintenance this way EVERY week, can't they just swap it each week so that it hits the daytime of a different timezone? That would be fair, if they want to keep no IP-blocks and prevent issues with having separated downtime schedules.

The way that it is right now, we are screwed if we happen to have any extended maintenance period (like last week). And I will be pissed too, because I don't see why it can't be done the way that I'm suggesting.

Cheers.

Edited by Lethemback

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't miss a few hours a week? That's really sad..

If you had other things to do besides playing a game, then yes, because that could mean that you couldn't play that day at all. Considering that we all pay the same, it's quite normal that it bugs us to pay and get 26-29 days while others get 30 when it could be solved easily, as I explained.

Cheers.

Edited by Lethemback

There is no way Bioware can please everyone with their schedules it's just impossible. Regardless I find it funny that people from other countries (most of whom btw you can find trolling general chat about how much America sucks) knock an American company based in the United States for recognizing American holidays but not foreign ones.

Really?? Get over yourself.

For the record I'd be willing to feel more for you guys if it weren't for the fact that what I mentioned above and how every night I have to deal with punk kids from other countries constantly bashing America in general chat. If you guys can knock all Americans and say we're all ignorant based on a few then by GOD I'll knock every single one of you based off the trolls in game and on general chat.

There is no way Bioware can please everyone with their schedules it's just impossible. Regardless I find it funny that people from other countries (most of whom btw you can find trolling general chat about how much America sucks) knock an American company based in the United States for recognizing American holidays but not foreign ones.

Really?? Get over yourself.

For the record I'd be willing to feel more for you guys if it weren't for the fact that what I mentioned above and how every night I have to deal with punk kids from other countries constantly bashing America in general chat. If you guys can knock all Americans and say we're all ignorant based on a few then by GOD I'll knock every single one of you based off the trolls in game and on general chat.

And because of that you want to punish the whole EU? I wonder what should we do with everything that we get from some US weirdos... (I know that most of you aren't like that, unlike the above poster). I hope that you see how childish this is, when the downtime issue can be solved in a fair way for all of us.

Also, when you launch 'globally' and you trumpet all that about the team located in Ireland, that you care for the EU, etc. well, the least that people expect is that you think twice about the ways that you do things in both zones (something that they did wrong pre-launch, and they admited it, but we were hoping for a change after the release date thingie).

Cheers.

Edited by Lethemback

And because of that you want to punish the whole EU? I wonder what should we do with everything that we get from some US weirdos... (I know that most of you aren't like that, unlike the above poster). I hope that you see how childish this is, when the downtime issue can be solved in a fair way for all of us.

Also, when you launch 'globally' and you trumpet all that about the team located in Ireland, that you care for the EU, etc. well, the least that people expect is that you think twice about the ways that you do things in both zones (something that they did wrong pre-launch, and they admited it, but we were hoping for a change after the release date thingie).

Cheers.

Whatever I really don't care what you think about me. You should have gathered from my post that the reason I have no sympathy is b/c a select few Europeans hate all Americans b/c of a few. Therefore I'll do the same to you guys b/c of the select few who are wrong.

You want to make a difference and change my feelings? Then how bout stepping up when your brothers over there are trolling chat all night long about how much America and it's people suck.

If you don't want to make a difference and stand up for what is wrong and what is right then don't expect to hold me to any standards either. Seems pretty fair to me.

Most people with a RL will not be home at this time anyways or busy with other stuff.

From 10-16 people will either work, go to school, university, do their homework, clean the house, go shopping, prepare food, flirt with the neighbour...

So I dont understand why people are so demanding, that they must play at exactly those hours?

I would understand if the maintenance would start at 17 and end at midnight, but thats not the case is it?

And then you want also a refund... I mean what do you want? 0.10 cent?

Q: What is your european strategy? Will you keep putting maintenence on day / primetime for europe?

A: The unfortunate reality of maintenance windows is that someone, somewhere, is always going to be affected.

Our European prime-time - which is when we have our highest PCUs across all servers - has actually not been impacted by our current maintenance windows. It's later in the evening, not during the day.

I'll just leave this here from Stephen Reids AMA.

Do people from that continent do anything *but* QQ over minor things? Jesus, guys, it's a few hours of downtime a week. Oh, and the scheduled maint. from this week screws up west coasters pretty hard, but I'm not starting multiple threads about it. Edited by AJediKnight

Whatever I really don't care what you think about me. You should have gathered from my post that the reason I have no sympathy is b/c a select few Europeans hate all Americans b/c of a few. Therefore I'll do the same to you guys b/c of the select few who are wrong.

And I was just saying that you're doing exactly the same, and 'I' find it childish.

You want to make a difference and change my feelings? Then how bout stepping up when your brothers over there are trolling chat all night long about how much America and it's people suck.

If you don't want to make a difference and stand up for what is wrong and what is right then don't expect to hold me to any standards either. Seems pretty fair to me.

I would try if I was playing in your server, and I don't think that that's the case as I have yet to see any of that on mine (Trask Ulgo, FYI).

Most people with a RL will not be home at this time anyways or busy with other stuff.

From 10-16 people will either work, go to school, university, do their homework, clean the house, go shopping, prepare food, flirt with the neighbour...

So I dont understand why people are so demanding, that they must play at exactly those hours?

I would understand if the maintenance would start at 17 and end at midnight, but thats not the case is it?

And then you want also a refund... I mean what do you want? 0.10 cent?

Extended maintenance. Like last week's. And I'm not asking a refund myself, if you read my previous posts you'll see that I ask for something more reasonable. Anyways, if I get bugged enough with it, I'll just stop paying, but I won't ask for 0.10 cent.

Q: What is your european strategy? Will you keep putting maintenence on day / primetime for europe?

A: The unfortunate reality of maintenance windows is that someone, somewhere, is always going to be affected.

Our European prime-time - which is when we have our highest PCUs across all servers - has actually not been impacted by our current maintenance windows. It's later in the evening, not during the day.

I'll just leave this here from Stephen Reids AMA.

Someone, somewhere != a whole continent. And it's about being fair, because if something bad happens during a maintenance/update, the ones that will get screwed are us, always.

This a joke? This game is Stationed in the US of course its servers downtimes are gonna be centered around U.S. if you ever played any mmo thats in other countrys besides U.S. like ffxi u wouldnt be complaining

There's people in Ireland too. And, besides that, they would be already working at night to bring down the US servers. If anything, swapping some weeks to a more EU friendly timeframe would let them work at more decent hours.

Also, if you remember that was what they did the first weeks after Early Access started, and no one complained then, because it was hitting someone else each time.

Cheers.

Edited by Lethemback

This a joke? This game is Stationed in the US of course its servers downtimes are gonna be centered around U.S. if you ever played any mmo thats in other countrys besides U.S. like ffxi u wouldnt be complaining

What about FFXI? It doesn't have weekly maintenance at all. Some emergency downtimes and patch days, which is happening not every week.

SOE, US based company (San Diego), has separate maintenance time frame in EQ2 for UK server Splitpaw. And they have 1 and only 1 UK server. They still care.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=512456

Blizzard, US based company (main HQ), has separate maintenance time frame for EU servers and additional time frame for RU servers.

EU:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010463667

RU:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/forum/topic/3010463668

If you wonder, Moscow time = GMT+4

And this time frame is NOT 10:00 - 18:00 (10:00 AM - 06:00 PM).

So no, disrespect for EU customers is not obvious nor could it be justified by lame excuses given in this and few other threads.

Learn2Work!

P.S.: Ignorance is bliss, isn't is?

Edited by Alexx_T

Bioware isn't as big a company as Blizzard so maybe they don't have the manpower to run two different maintenance's with a separate team in another timezone... or maybe they are still working the kinks out and want to do patches together for now until they are certain patching is going to run smoothly before trusting a smaller team overseas to handle stuff when they are a tad out of headquarters main loop.

Either way, I wouldn't be to upset about it. I live in a prime timezone (EST Canada) and I always seem to end up on MMOs that run maintenance the days I have the morning or afternoon off college. It's a little funny really but I knew it wasn't a personal slight against me and if anything it forced me to work on my projects.

What I mean to say is Bioware is definitely not intentionally leaving out the EU customers, or trying to give them less then their US ones. So, it's not worth getting upset over and there is definitely no need for all this "US verses EU" nonsense.

You know when the aliens come we are all going to have to be friends eh? :p

First of all, I can't find any info on Jan. 4 being a Holiday anywhere, so I don't know what the OP is talking about.

Second of all, I don't think you people realize what you are asking for. Those of you saying that maintenance should be alternated between US and EU daytime to keep things "fair". You do realize that day time US is prime time EU, right? You EU players would be even MORE upset if that happened. In case you need a little lesson in time zones, these are the options Bioware has if they want to do maintenance on all servers at once:

1. US early morning + EU day time

2. US day time + EU prime time

3. US prime time + EU early morning

It's easy to see why Bioware went with option 1, since it is the only option that doesn't involve having servers down for someone's prime time.

I was thinking on this:

Maintenance Window #1:

Date: Early hours of Friday, December 16th (CST)

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

Maintenance Window #2:

Date: Evening of December 19th (CST)

Time: 6PM CST (4PM PST/7PM EST/12AM GMT/1AM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to complete before 11PM CST, and will mark the end of Early Game Access for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Maintenance Window #3:

Date: Early hours of December 22nd (CST)

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

But you're right, it wouldn't be fair either.

Cheers.

What about FFXI? It doesn't have weekly maintenance at all. Some emergency downtimes and patch days, which is happening not every week.

SOE, US based company (San Diego), has separate maintenance time frame in EQ2 for UK server Splitpaw. And they have 1 and only 1 UK server. They still care.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=512456

Blizzard, US based company (main HQ), has separate maintenance time frame for EU servers and additional time frame for RU servers.

EU:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010463667

RU:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/forum/topic/3010463668

If you wonder, Moscow time = GMT+4

And this time frame is NOT 10:00 - 18:00 (10:00 AM - 06:00 PM).

So no, disrespect for EU customers is not obvious nor could it be justified by lame excuses given in this and few other threads.

:sy_star: TADAM! :sy_star:

It IS POSSIBLE after all, isn't it BioWare?! :rod_confused_p: