Stop with the maint times!

ShaggyDA

Okay so they leave them up and then you have every NA playing will be flooding your servers and you will be crying foul then.

At any time during the day someone is going to be inconvenienced. Don't like it don't play it.

That doesnt work... As its been said, the current time is the time of lowest server pop. Thus if the American servers are taken down they will be very low pop invading very low pop.

Where is the issue? Not to mention the fact that most people won't roll a character to be used solely for a few hours each week.

Sure if the American servers were taken down in prime time there might be an issue, but that's not what's being suggested.

Having come from EVE with its 30min daily downtime, frankly EIGHT HOURS a week seems ridiculous. I know it's a new game and maintenance times 'should' come down later on, but it's a bit of a shock to the system.

The time doesn't affect me personally, I work/travel from 7.30 till 6.30 and then I have little people to put to bed, so 'my' time doesn't start till 9pm. That being said, this is a kick in the teeth for the 'roughly' 50% of the player base (eu) who are affected by this.

All the people who keep saying 'get out, get a life, stop whining'. Frankly, how would you respond if it was file reversed?

Please, don't give me that bs about work and little time to play. I read the same BS from the casuals on wow on why they should have every items because of the same lame excuse. If you don't got time for it then the maintenance won't be a bother to you because simply "you don't got time to play" anyway. :p And what? Do you only play once a week on that particular time?

Having come from EVE with its 30min daily downtime, frankly EIGHT HOURS a week seems ridiculous. I know it's a new game and maintenance times 'should' come down later on, but it's a bit of a shock to the system.

EVE is a COMPLETELY different engine, with significantly less players, and a database system which differs greatly from SWTOR. EVE is also "single server", which isn't actually true, but is true in the way MMO players think of servers. EVE rolls out a game engine update to a single server, SWTOR does it to 100+; EVE's database is all through a single server, SWTOR, again, has 100+

Keep in mind the maintenance length is SOP for MMOs of this type.

Edited by Syas

Or better yet, treat your own country like you treat us, and see if they appreciate those sort of maint TIMES!

Actually, from 8AM-4PM, I'm at work, so it wouldn't bother me. You know where everyone else I know is at those times? Work! The VAST majority of ALL players are either A - asleep or B - at work. If you can only have one maintenance period (which they've already said is the case, and since they know a lot more about the game than I do, I believe them,) this seems like THE most obvious time to do it.

Coming from FFXI, this maint time is far better than what us EU's had there (all maints start JP midnight 3pm GMT for 5-8 hrs).

Saying that, only the UK and 'i think' Portugal use GMT, every other country in EU is either +1 - +4 GMT so saying its out of prime time is correct when applying to the UK but hitting prime-time in the vast majority of EU countries, so why cant they pull the servers down at midnight CST which would make them end the 8hr maint @ 4pm CET (France/Spain/Scandinavian), 5pm (Germany etc) etc etc, which wouldnt impact the EU countries as greatly if in the case of an over-run of a hour or 2. That way everyone including CST - PST players will miss out on a few hours.

Please, don't give me that bs about work and little time to play. I read the same BS from the casuals on wow on why they should have every items because of the same lame excuse. If you don't got time for it then the maintenance won't be a bother to you because simply "you don't got time to play" anyway. :p And what? Do you only play once a week on that particular time?

Did you actually READ my post? You know, the bit where it says THIS DOES NOT AFFECT ME PERSONALLY.

Or the bit that says I only play from 9pm onwards, what with maint finishing at 4pm.. .

Sigh. Please redirect that rage at someone who deserves it.

EVE is a COMPLETELY different engine, with significantly less players, and a database system which differs greatly from SWTOR. EVE is also "single server", which isn't actually true, but is true in the way MMO players think of servers. EVE rolls out a game engine update to a single server, SWTOR does it to 100+; EVE's database is all through a single server, SWTOR, again, has 100+

Keep in mind the maintenance length is SOP for MMOs of this type.

Oh I do realise that. This game got as many preorders on day one as eve has subs...

Out of interrest, why the heck can't they patch all the servers at the same time?

umm how about you get a job or go to college, or somethign along them lines, because from my experiance unless your a cleaner, you work in a pub or club, or you work shelf-stocking or on tills in a supermarket, chances are you will be working 8-4gmt. therefor this maintenence won't effect you.

i know its alot to ask you know for people like you, working is below alot of people but you never know you might enjoy it

o and also, i don't know about the rest of the EU but in the UK most people go back to work/college/school on the 3rd. oviously you could be one of the lucky ones who either dosn't have to work because you either rich or live on benefits or live with your parents but you know most people work or go to school/college

Edited by welshnproud