Why set item does not apply above lvl 75?

Grendel_Echo

Please give a link to explanation or explain shortly why this set item works only on character lvl75 and then stops working since lvl76.

I try to catch logic in it, but I can't. I used so many tech fragments to buy this set only for playing these few moments at lvl75? 

Probably I missed something, sorry recently I returned after 4 years away of SWTOR.

Thanks.

Screenshot_2023-12-02_00_26_20_792582.jpg

It's weird that someone decided to turn off my set effects only because I advanced 1 level up. It doesn't make sense. I should be the one to decide which gear to choose. If I have bought lvl75 gears for lots of tech fragments few years ago, will I get the refund in same currency for every item set now, after devs made this set practically useless? Seems logical.

Edited by Grendel_Echo

There are two general reasons for deactivating the set piece bonuses (outside of the shift to implants):

1. A new expansion is a 'reset' that puts all the players on the same 'page' by the time you hit the new level cap:  The player who just hit 75 the day before the expansion dropped and the player who had 'best in slot' everything that day should all be be in the same position when they hit 80 (using the same green rewards from the expansion storyline).  This is important to minimize any 'I can never catch up' feelings a new player might have.
  2. Simply put, there isn't much to do in a game like this if you don't have to grind up new bonuses.  With the implants in particular, on Tuesday you'll need to grind up 15k tech fragments on each character to upgrade your current BiS 334 implants to the new BiS 340 implants, which should keep a lot of players busy for a little while...
  • Like 1

Alright, my lvl75 started to work when I reached lvl75, and now it no more works on this lvl.

Also there are legendary implants system, which is however available only when reaching lvl80.

What about 4 lvls between? I am forced to play without real sets? Why they didn't leave armor sets working untill reaching lvl80?

Edited by Grendel_Echo