Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" coming December 5th!

JackieKo

9 hours ago, GeneralGyro said:

Why are you going to permanently remove the direct purchase of the new dye packs in January? and only be obtainable from hypercrates after that?

its all about the real money there can make from it since there know people are hype for it so if there put then in the hypercrates then people are going to buy then more.

and this idea is not going to help the inflation problem at all and only make it more worse since the hypercrate price on the GTN and personal trade go's sky high and its maybe all happing today all.

for the rest of the update i have a bad feeling that we get a long list of new bugs and problems again like we always get from each new update and not getting then fix.

and like i told on the other thread all that on the first day when the servers are open again the new GTN got all its first new problem since things like that is always going to happing.

2 hours ago, Spikanor said:

for the rest of the update i have a bad feeling that we get a long list of new bugs and problems again like we always get from each new update and not getting then fix.

... and it's not going to be able to be looked at until AFTER mid-January when they come back from the holiday.

12 hours ago, GeneralGyro said:

Why are you going to permanently remove the direct purchase of the new dye packs in January? and only be obtainable from hypercrates after that?

This is a good question. I would have thought it better to sell them on the CM as regular dye packs are now, and make a steady income from them rather than putting them in hypercrates, which has low odds of getting the ones you want. Not everyone buys hypercrates, and I know with 100% certainty that they will go for stupid ammounts on the GTN as a result.

I really hope you will reconsider this move devs, as it's a really bad one. Just stick them permanently on the GTN, and be done with it, and you will get happy space barbie players.

22 minutes ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

... and it's not going to be able to be looked at until AFTER mid-January when they come back from the holiday.

the problem is also if there get a fix also since most of the bugs we have report after each expension or each update still not have got there fix at all.

the problem i have with each new update or expension is that we test 50% of the new stuff and contant on the PTS when we need to test the compleet 100% from the expension or update to make sure things are going good on launch day since now with 7.4 we not have test out the new Cinematic Lighting at all so maybe there are problems with it also in the end since we not have test it out.

8 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They also know it will create demand when they inevitably put flash sales on the Cartel Market. It’s a smart business move. Sadly, its a little underhanded as a sales tactic to those of us who can see right through it. 

Most players will see right through it for what it is. Just another cash grab focused on Space Barbie enthusiasts.

I can't understand what the big deal is with the company trying to make money with something. It's pretty clear that broadsword needs to make some money after taking on so many employees. The game is free, all expansions are free, all you need to do is subscribe for just one month and everything is unlocked for free. But then they release an exclusive item and criticism pours in. The thing is: the item is purely decorative, it has no impact on the gameplay of the game. Apart from the financial issue, it's nice to know that the new chromatic dyes are limited, and we won't see an excessive number of shiny characters everywhere forever.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, kinhoandrei said:

The game is free, all expansions are free,

the game is not free since if you look good it has a lot of restrictions what a normal free game not has and same go's for the max level.

expensions are not free since you need to pay sub to get then and if there are free why do you need to become sub to get the last story contant.

18 minutes ago, kinhoandrei said:

I can't understand what the big deal is with the company trying to make money with something. It's pretty clear that broadsword needs to make some money after taking on so many employees.

you not know this but the money we spent go's to EA not to broadsword.

broadsword gets a budget from EA so there work with a budget system so what we spent on sub or cartal coins go's not to broadsword since look at the payment system its using its from EA not broadsword.

20 minutes ago, kinhoandrei said:

all you need to do is subscribe for just one month and everything is unlocked for free.

then you are still with the restrictions after worth so its not free at all.

17 minutes ago, kinhoandrei said:

The game is free, all expansions are free, all you need to do is subscribe for just one month and everything is unlocked for free. 

The game is free, that's true, the rest of what you wrote makes no sense. If you have to buy a subscription to get it, it means that you are buying it at the subscription price and not getting it for free.

9 minutes ago, kinhoandrei said:

I can't understand what the big deal is with the company trying to make money with something. It's pretty clear that broadsword needs to make some money after taking on so many employees. The game is free, all expansions are free, all you need to do is subscribe for just one month and everything is unlocked for free. But then they release an exclusive item and criticism pours in. The thing is: the item is purely decorative, it has no impact on the gameplay of the game. Apart from the financial issue, it's nice to know that the new chromatic dyes are limited, and we won't see an excessive number of shiny characters everywhere forever.

Because it's stupid.

People want to play space barbie. People want to buy shiny dyes from the CM.

People don't want to play lottery for shiny dyes. People don't want to pay 4B for a single use shiny dye. Well, maybe some will, but I doubt there will be many.

Make paying in game currency that directly or indirectly comes from irl $$$ to buy cosmetic items a chore is stupid.

Did Broadsword actually believe people will buy hypercrates in bulk in long term just to play shiny dyes lottery? That they can pull off the mobile game microtransaction trick? lmao

But maybe I'll take the chance to buy some shiny dyes with my exceed cc so that I can sell them for 4B later. At least some of us will profit.

1 minute ago, Spikanor said:

the game is not free since if you look good it has a lot of restrictions what a normal free game not has and same go's for the max level.

expensions are not free since you need to pay sub to get then and if there are free why do you need to become sub to get the last story contant.

They are free, take WoW as an example, and you'll see that it's normal for the expansion to be paid separately from the monthly fee. There are restrictions, but they don't prevent you from completing the game's stories, especially after attaining preferred status. Anyway, if you're inclined to complain about everything, there's nothing I can say that will change your perspective.

11 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Did Broadsword actually believe people will buy hypercrates in bulk in long term just to play shiny dyes lottery? That they can pull off the mobile game microtransaction trick? lmao

It reeks so strong of "bioware logic" I think its more likely the same dev's from bioware now working for broadsword believe that.

Edited by Lord_Malganus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kinhoandrei said:

They are free, take WoW as an example, and you'll see that it's normal for the expansion to be paid separately from the monthly fee. There are restrictions, but they don't prevent you from completing the game's stories, especially after attaining preferred status. Anyway, if you're inclined to complain about everything, there's nothing I can say that will change your perspective.

you can play the game for free but the story ends at shadow of raven for then after that you need to pay up.

if you most pay for contant that make's the game not free.

if you see other game's what are true free there give new contant for free without any subscription model at all.

if this game is free then why is there a credit limit? or there cant run ops?

and most of all why cant there use purple items for free without spending money in to the game?

12 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Because it's stupid.

People want to play space barbie. People want to buy shiny dyes from the CM.

People don't want to play lottery for shiny dyes. People don't want to pay 4B for a single use shiny dye. Well, maybe some will, but I doubt there will be many.

Make paying in game currency that directly or indirectly comes from irl $$$ to buy cosmetic items a chore is stupid.

But maybe I'll take the chance to buy some shiny dyes with my exceed cc so that I can sell them for 4B later. At least some of us will profit.

I don't buy loot boxes in any game and I never will, but I completely understand why they put an exclusive item in them. Whoever is willing to spend money on roulette, let them do it, these guys mantain the game with their money. The chromatic packs are not necessary to access stories, complete quests, or anything else that impacts the game. Personally, I'll buy some whenever they appear in the store during flash sales, and that's it. What's the problem with waiting for the exclusive items to appear in the store the same way we wait for a set, weapon, or mount in flash sales? Honestly, it's much ado about nothing. Sorry.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Assuming the new crate only shiny dyes are BOE and not BOP.

Edited by Lord_Malganus

2 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

you can play the game for free but the story ends at shadow of raven for then after that you need to pay up.

if you most pay for contant that make's the game not free.

if you see other game's what are true free there give new contant for free without any subscription model at all.

if this game is free then why is there a credit limit? or there cant run ops?

and most of all why cant there use purple items for free without spending money in to the game?

Here you're pretending to be crazy. There's nothing 100% free, not even the coffee you drink at the doctor's office, and you know that. When I say the game is free, it means you can access it, complete stories (the latest expansions aren't included? Okay, but it has other complete stories, including the original ones), do all activities, albeit limited weekly, and enjoy the game with friends. Games like WoW don't even allow you to log in without a monthly payment. Is the credit limit annoying? Yes, but it doesn't stop you from playing, completing stories, and doing activities in the game. Is the limitation on purple items annoying? Yes, but again, it doesn't stop you from anything. Furthermore, it's possible to pay a bit and remove these limitations forever, without the need to pay a monthly fee indefinitely. In short, it is IMPOSSIBLE to say that SWTOR is not an accessible game, MUCH more accessible than other games available in the market.

2 minutes ago, kinhoandrei said:

I don't buy loot boxes in any game and I never will, but I completely understand why they put an exclusive item in them. Whoever is willing to spend money on roulette, let them do it, these guys mantain the game with their money. The chromatic packs are not necessary to access stories, complete quests, or anything else that impacts the game. Personally, I'll buy some whenever they appear in the store during flash sales, and that's it. What's the problem with waiting for the exclusive items to appear in the store the same way we wait for a set, weapon, or mount in flash sales? Honestly, it's much ado about nothing. Sorry.

It's true that the hypercrates are there for those willing to play roulette, but what about those that do not want to partake in it, like at all? Only option is to pay extortion prices on the GTN, or break open your IRL wallet and get them while you can, before they are pushed into hypercrates...

And who knows how long it will take before the new shiny dyes comes in a flash sale, or if they will be made available in the CM after the Force knows how long?

I really hope it's time exclusive to hypercrates, and later on available in the CM.

2 minutes ago, kinhoandrei said:

Here you're pretending to be crazy. There's nothing 100% free, not even the coffee you drink at the doctor's office, and you know that. When I say the game is free, it means you can access it, complete stories (the latest expansions aren't included? Okay, but it has other complete stories, including the original ones), do all activities, albeit limited weekly, and enjoy the game with friends. Games like WoW don't even allow you to log in without a monthly payment. Is the credit limit annoying? Yes, but it doesn't stop you from playing, completing stories, and doing activities in the game. Is the limitation on purple items annoying? Yes, but again, it doesn't stop you from anything. Furthermore, it's possible to pay a bit and remove these limitations forever, without the need to pay a monthly fee indefinitely. In short, it is IMPOSSIBLE to say that SWTOR is not an accessible game, MUCH more accessible than other games available in the market.

i know a lot of MMO's that are much more accessible then SWTOR.

since there you get the last contant, you can run dungs all day without limit, you can hold so much credits you wane hold, you can get the end game stuff like gear without paying real money for it.

if you think that SWTOR is a free game then you belive it like you wane but most of the older players that have play this game for a long time know the real thing and are telling you its not free at all.

and what you call free do's not mean other people call it the same thing.

when i can tell its a free game then there need to remove a lot of restrictions first before there can call it a free game.

and so long you need to pay subscription for things is it not

i leave it with that.

33 minutes ago, Otowi said:

It's true that the hypercrates are there for those willing to play roulette, but what about those that do not want to partake in it, like at all? Only option is to pay extortion prices on the GTN, or break open your IRL wallet and get them while you can, before they are pushed into hypercrates...

And who knows how long it will take before the new shiny dyes comes in a flash sale, or if they will be made available in the CM after the Force knows how long?

I really hope it's time exclusive to hypercrates, and later on available in the CM.

Well, I understand your point. However, I believe their idea is to make these packs something rare, truly exclusive. No one knows what the drop rates will be in the hypercrates; maybe they'll indeed be very low. And I don't have anything against that; I actually find it interesting, just like there are several old and rare purple items that appear infrequently in the store.

I plan to buy some during this month's initial rotation and calmly consider which sets I'll spend them on. But again, I understand your point, and I have nothing against the introduction of these new packs in the fixed store. What made me engage in this whole discussion was seeing the wave of hate over something so little impactful in the gameplay of the game.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kinhoandrei said:

You're right, I only think it's a bad business move on the game company's side, but hey it's not like my salary comes out from the CM sales *shrugs*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kinhoandrei said:

But then they release an exclusive item and criticism pours in.

You are completely correct about the CM it's a revenue stream for the game that is needed for survival. However I think the best case scenario is that these types of cosmetic things are locked behind game content as opposed to just being available for purchase.

That's kind of the whole idea of mmos isn't it? Playing the game and achieving rewards that other players don't have because they didn't put in the work and commitment you did. However it takes new content to do that kind of thing, and swtor doesn't really release challenging pvp or pve content so that's the Conundrum. Game stays alive with cartel market items, but the game doesn't get many updates or good content, end game players lose interest in playing. In turn u lose subscribers, population, and community...but the game keeps running for casual story mode solo rpg'ers.

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, eabevella said:

Wait, we won't be able to buy single dye, at least the new ones, from the CM?

lmao this is the most shortsighted, greedy and hilarious thing a company could make.

Not only that they removed the grand dye packs from the game some time ago.  I'm not sure when, last time I bought them was back in 6.0.  Then when I felt like playing the dye lottery a couple months ago they weren't there anymore.  They're gone from the market.

I won't buy ultimate cartel packs. I have all the armor/mounts/ect I want already.   If they're trying to force players to buy ultimate crap packs just for dyes then it won't work with me. 

In general I don't like loot box systems, give me direct sales.  Loot boxes with specific items only are a touch better, but loot boxes that pull from absolutely everything?  That's a hellanope from me.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

You are completely correct about the CM it's a revenue stream for the game that is needed for survival. However I think the best case scenario is that these types of cosmetic things are locked behind game content as opposed to just being available for purchase.

That's kind of the whole idea of mmos isn't it? Playing the game and achieving rewards that other players don't have because they didn't put in the work and commitment you did. However it takes new content to do that kind of thing, and swtor doesn't really release challenging pvp or pve content so that's the Conundrum. Game stays alive with cartel market items, but the game doesn't get many updates or good content, end game players lose interest in playing. In turn u lose subscribers, population, and community...but the game keeps running for casual story mode solo rpg'ers.

I completely agree with you. Including one or more chromatic packs as rewards for in-game activities would be a great opportunity to promote the game, both for new and existing players. It would suffice to limit one or two color packs to be exclusive to in-game activities without impacting store sales as much.

2 hours ago, kinhoandrei said:

Well, I understand your point. However, I believe their idea is to make these packs something rare, truly exclusive. No one knows what the drop rates will be in the hypercrates; maybe they'll indeed be very low. And I don't have anything against that; I actually find it interesting, just like there are several old and rare purple items that appear infrequently in the store.

I plan to buy some during this month's initial rotation and calmly consider which sets I'll spend them on. But again, I understand your point, and I have nothing against the introduction of these new packs in the fixed store. What made me engage in this whole discussion was seeing the wave of hate over something so little impactful in the gameplay of the game.

Chromatic dyes has been a request for some time now, and it was even more so after seeing Captain Phasma's armor. Or Din Djarin's for that matter.

To introduce it for sale in the CM, only to remove it and place it in hypercrates seems like a hit below the belt. 

They could have a high price on the CM instead of try your luck boxes, and it would still sell on a regular basis. I just wonder what makes them the most cash, hypercrates or direct sales...

Edited by Otowi
Corrected a minor typo.