Re opening up the Character Transfer to Shae Vizla

miclanman

6 hours ago, Drew_Braxton said:

They need to open transfers.  These are optional and you can partake or not partake.

You know that there are multiple problems with them opening transfers, at the very least:

• As it stands, your character can transfer 4B credits, which will have an unbalancing effect on the in-game economy when lots of folks do it.
  • As it stands, your character with top gear can get an instant head-start on everyone already on the server by transferring.
  • As it stands, you can transfer relatively absurd amounts of crafting materials and do further damage to the in-game economy.
  • Like 4

Only allow "Bound to Legacy" items to be transferred, anything else should be treated like Mail. Transfer your gear and run End Game content to get the credits you need, don't be selfish and greedy when you don't need millions/billions of credits to play the game. I have no problem enjoying every aspect of the game without the need to spend or the use of millions/billions of credits, but that's because the game allows you to be self sufficient. Being a Player since launch, I only felt Legacy Unlocks not being available is the biggest disappointment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

You know that there are multiple problems with them opening transfers, at the very least:

• As it stands, your character can transfer 4B credits, which will have an unbalancing effect on the in-game economy when lots of folks do it.
  • As it stands, your character with top gear can get an instant head-start on everyone already on the server by transferring.
  • As it stands, you can transfer relatively absurd amounts of crafting materials and do further damage to the in-game economy.

The only issue as I see it is the credit transfer. Those other issues are non existent after a month being open & many people boosting characters to lvl 70 or 80. 

We are approaching a month & there are players who have admitted here that they’ve already obtained several million credits on those boosted characters & obtained end game gearing. 

Honestly the only real issue is excessive credits transfer. Which should be easy to rectify. Put a 10 million credit limit on transfers & the problem is solved. 

They'll be on the same lvl then as people who boosted characters to lvl 70 & 80. 

Crafting is neither here nor there because the GTN changes is going to run the normal players out if the market. I’ve already got most of my professions to max lvl. Extra mats will just mean more items available, which should lower prices. 

PvP, guilds & areas are nearly dead on Shae Vizla since 7.4 released, if they don’t open transfers, those communities will wither and die before they really have a chance to properly grow.

• Like 1

This new server is clearly a temperature check by Broadsword to see:

1) How many people really want to PLAY play this game (from scratch again)
2) How many of these people got disposable income to pay to unlock all the stuff they already have unlocked on their main servers in their legacy
3) How many people in APAC would come back to the game with a local server

In that order....  For all of us long timers that want this game to keep going, you should be playing on that server at least a little bit.  It will help us all in the long run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

This new server is clearly a temperature check by Broadsword to see:

1) How many people really want to PLAY play this game (from scratch again)
2) How many of these people got disposable income to pay to unlock all the stuff they already have unlocked on their main servers in their legacy
3) How many people in APAC would come back to the game with a local server

In that order....  For all of us long timers that want this game to keep going, you should be playing on that server at least a little bit.  It will help us all in the long run.

I'll use CC from Galactic Seasons rewards, and the Monthly stipend from being a subscriber with a security key on the new server....actually already have...but I won't spend RL $ and go BUY more CC, not even for this.

CC attached to a subscription special, like they ran a couple months ago...that I'll do...and did.

Edited by Darev
  • Like 1

Literally 30 people in Drumund Kaas right now. There were 80-100 people 3 days ago at this time.

Only 25 people on Korriban. There were 80 this time last week.

Only 9 people on Hutta. There were 40-50 this time last week.

25 people on Nar Shaddaa

30 people imperial fleet 

2 people on Quesh 

7 people on Taris

15 people on Balmorra

7 people on Tatooine

3 people on Hoth

7 Belsavis 

6 Alderaan 

1 Corellia 

0 Illum 

3 Voss

0 Yavin

This time has been around the busiest time bracket on APAC since it opened. There were 100’s if not close to a thousand players on the APAC server before 7.4 was released. Now you’d be lucky to scrape together 200 players on the whole server. 

I wasn’t exaggerating when I said 7.4 would kill the APAC server & community if they didn’t allow transfers. I knew this would happen, it was predictable. Everyone has gone back to their old servers to play.

This data should all be readily available to Broadsword. Please 🙏 @JackieKo we need server transfers or at least some communication from you or the APAC community will die before it’s even had a chance to grow. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Literally 30 people in Drumund Kaas right now. There were 80-100 people 3 days ago at this time.

Only 25 people on Korriban. There were 80 this time last week.

Only 9 people on Hutta. There were 40-50 this time last week.

25 people on Nar Shaddaa

30 people imperial fleet 

2 people on Quesh 

7 people on Taris

15 people on Balmorra

7 people on Tatooine

3 people on Hoth

7 Belsavis 

6 Alderaan 

1 Corellia 

0 Illum 

3 Voss

0 Yavin

This time has been around the busiest time bracket on APAC since it opened. There were 100’s if not close to a thousand players on the APAC server before 7.4 was released. Now you’d be lucky to scrape together 200 players on the whole server. 

I wasn’t exaggerating when I said 7.4 would kill the APAC server & community if they didn’t allow transfers. I knew this would happen, it was predictable. Everyone has gone back to their old servers to play.

This data should all be readily available to Broadsword. Please 🙏 @JackieKo we need server transfers or at least some communication from you or the APAC community will die before it’s even had a chance to grow. 

So busiest time bracket is approx 10 AM AEST? that doesn't make sense. I've found it more often to be very busy around 10 PM AEST.. which converts to 5 AM MST where I am.  

Further supported by the fact that the largest guild on the server runs its large events starting around 7 PM AEST as most people are active then. 

It has not killed it. I played for an hour this morning at 5 AM MST, or 10 PM AEST which is much closer to prime time for APAC region.. got 3 wz and 2 arena in the mid level bracket during that time. 

It's currently noon AEST... a ton of people are midway through their work day.  

It may be a bit slower as I previously mentioned in another thread that many people will take the 45 minutes to play new story on their home servers. But they will be back. Multiple people in my guild have already mentioned today being done with the 7.4 story and coming back to Shae visla to keep leveling 

1 minute ago, taxidermis said:

So busiest time bracket is approx 10 AM AEST? that doesn't make sense. I've found it more often to be very busy around 10 PM AEST.. which converts to 5 AM MST where I am.  

Further supported by the fact that the largest guild on the server runs its large events starting around 7 PM AEST as most people are active then. 

Stop trying to use common sense & try using actual data. I’ve been playing on the APAC server since it went live. The busiest times are when more NA players are on the server because Broadsword have done nothing to promote the game or server to the APAC gaming world. All they did was send out an email 2 weeks after the server opened to old accounts. There’s been nothing in any local gaming media about it. And because they’ve done nothing, there are more OS players than actual APAC players. Which is why it’s busier first thing in the morning AEST.

7 minutes ago, taxidermis said:

It's currently noon AEST... a ton of people are midway through their work day.  

I’ve been playing since 8am AEST. I’ve been queued since 9am for PvP. I just played my 3rd match. FYI. It’s not noon, it’s 1 PM at the moment. If you actually lived in APAC & had been playing since the server launched, you’d know the server is dead at the moment. Honestly I don’t know why you are white knighting for BS & deriding me, I’m trying to get them to make things better. Surely you have better things to do than trolling me everytime I post about transfers.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

5 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Stop trying to use common sense & try using actual data. I’ve been playing on the APAC server since it went live. The busiest times are when more NA players are on the server because Broadsword have done nothing to promote the game or server to the APAC gaming world. All they did was send out an email 2 weeks after the server opened to old accounts. There’s been nothing in any local gaming media about it. And because they’ve done nothing, there are more OS players than actual APAC players. Which is why it’s busier first thing in the morning AEST.

again. My experience shows that for the past 2 weeks.. I've seen my guild much busier in late evening AEST. I log in around 10 PM AEST specially because I can do my pvp dailies in under an hour usually.  

The server is far from dead.  I also just logged in now, hit queue, and got an instant pop for vandin huttball. So it is still popping despite it being noon AEST. 

Actual data you say.  For 2 weeks, I've been able to get my lowbie, and now mid level pvp dailies done in under an hour at AEST prime time.  

Polling guild members any time I'm online, at least 70% of them reside in the APAC region. 

4 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I’ve been playing since 8am AEST. I’ve been queued since 9am for PvP. I just played my 3rd match. FYI. It’s not noon, it’s 1 PM at the moment. If you actually lived in APAC & had been playing since the server launched, you’d know the server is dead at the moment. Honestly I don’t know why you are white knighting for BS & deriding me, I’m trying to get them to make things better. Surely you have better things to do than trolling me everytime I post about transfers.

I apologize if it seems I am trolling or deriding in any way. That is not my intent.  I just do not understand the rush to open server transfers when historically there is a 90 day window. I have been vocal about that from the beginning. Even posting on swtor reddit the week the server opened that either transfers should not happen, or if they did, no credits, or a credit cap of say 1 mil should be enforced. 

I've played daily on the server now for 17 days going by the date of the oldest mail in my toons mailbox.  

I've played the game almost daily since 2013.  In that time I've seen so many times where it was predicted one thing or another would "kill the game".  

It never has. Ever.  I'm not saying there havnt been mistakes. There have been many. Many times the developers dropped the ball. But nothing has ever killed the game.  

The server needs at least 90 days to see if it is viable. I respect your position. But disagree with it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, taxidermis said:

again. My experience shows that for the past 2 weeks.. I've seen my guild much busier in late evening AEST. I log in around 10 PM AEST specially because I can do my pvp dailies in under an hour usually.  

It is dying & I’m not arguing with you anymore because youre flat out wrong and believe your just trying to upset myself & other APAC players & trying to derail the thread.

APAC players shouldn’t have to play in the late evening or before the sun rises on their own server to get group content. And we didn’t need to before 7.4 was launched.

Now all the daytime & normal evening APAC players have gone back to the OS servers to play 7.4. Which had killed the group content for REAL APAC players on Shae Vizla.

If you actually cared, you’d be supporting me instead of deriding me. But what ever. I’m just going to put you on ignore & we’ll let others decide whose telling the truth when they experience what I’m saying themselves. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

On 11/27/2023 at 11:42 AM, Tourmaline said:

That is uber paranoid. Most people have a legacy on other servers. If people transferred it wouldn't be 10 it would be loads of people and the economy would balance out. Please stop the drama before it even happens. XD

No it's not paranoid.. it's a recognition of real world HUMAN behavior.   Transfers will go live automatically after 90 days from when the server opens up as was stated by the devs at server launch..  Right now we don't need the "whales" on the server..  And they can always go buy some cartel coins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TL_Roff said:

No it's not paranoid.. it's a recognition of real world HUMAN behavior.   Transfers will go live automatically after 90 days from when the server opens up as was stated by the devs at server launch..  Right now we don't need the "whales" on the server..  And they can always go buy some cartel coins.

Just stop playing if that is how you feel. They will, now or a year from now, open transfers. It will bring all sorts of pleasant and unpleasant things. It *is* sincere paranoia and not even awareness. Nice try though.

I'm still amused by those people who want to have transfers and say the server died. Meanwhile I have my third character at 41 now and heading to 50 in less than a month. There is someone who posted his legacy is now at 50. It's really up to you whether you continue to whine, or to just play and build your legacy. But as often said, if you take the step now then you would be building it soon. That's how it works here, that's how it works IRL. Whining never produce results. Doing does, and one cannot control server transfers as that's Broadsword's take, but one can build legacy and character. And soon you'll realize you never really need a server transfer since you already have built your legacy on the server.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Further update. Logged in today at 11 PM AEST.  Was able to complete a full wz weekly and 3/4 of my arena weekly within 2 hours.  Server is alive and well.  In that time also saw a raid and 2 WB runs forming in /yeahnah. As well as 2 GSF matches happening. 

Interesting debate on Shae Vizla fleet chat today. It seems most of those in favour of transfers are APAC players living in the actual APAC region. And those against server transfers mostly live in the US & EU wanting a fresh server experience. 

So I ask you @JackieKo, who is your target audience for the APAC server?
Is it US & EU people wanting a fresh server experience or is it actually the APAC players who live in the region? 

I think you guys need to figure that out fast. Because your quickly losing the support of the “actual” APAC located players by not allowing us to transfer our characters back to the region. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, taxidermis said:

Further update. Logged in today at 11 PM AEST.  Was able to complete a full wz weekly and 3/4 of my arena weekly within 2 hours.  Server is alive and well.  In that time also saw a raid and 2 WB runs forming in /yeahnah. As well as 2 GSF matches happening. 

At 11pm when most of the APAC players have logged off or are logging off to go to bed.

Which related to my last post. Who are Broadsword trying to accommodate with this APAC server? 

US & EU players or people who actually live in the APAC region? 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.