Re opening up the Character Transfer to Shae Vizla

miclanman

On 11/28/2023 at 1:10 PM, Darev said:

I used CC from GS to buy boosts.  2x 80's and 2x 70's (one of each per account)    I've been able to do enough content to get over 6 million so far.    Donated some to a guild that took in my toons, and used some to buy some strongholds and level up a couple crafters.

How do you buy those? I looked in the Cartel Market and didn't see any. I'd particularly like to buy a 70 boost

19 hours ago, Cattooo said:

I must be a real weirdo.

I actually love that I can't bring my billions and old legacy over to the new server. All of the achievements popping again, my low amount of credits that I need to budget, everything feels like it did when I first started in 2012 and I don't want that to change. Or at least, to keep going until it will inevitably change in the future. Hopefully in the far future. I love having a new APAC server again. My ping is below 20ms instead of over 300! But everything else, I want it to stay the same.

Please no transfers! xD

Please explain how “other people” transferring would change any of that for you? You wouldn’t need to transfer if you don’t want too. You’d still be able to do exactly what you’re doing now & other people could transfer if they want. Which would have zero affect on you. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lord_Malganus said:

This quoted post above, will be the only one they listen to.

If they do, it will prove BS don’t understand their players or know how to critically think through an issue. Because nothing in that players response stops the player from enjoying the game as a fresh server. And no one would be forcing them to transfer. So it’s a really weak argument if that’s the one BS decides to back. But if they do, they will lose more old APAC players & retuning players won’t stick around either. It will make the server fail & that would make it bad business decision. 

3 hours ago, ElZaguero said:

How do you buy those? I looked in the Cartel Market and didn't see any. I'd particularly like to buy a 70 boost

As far as I know, you can’t buy lvl 80 tokens. You can buy lvl 70 tokens from the CM & open them up in game on a character. Then they are applied to your account on all servers.

11 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

As far as I know, you can’t buy lvl 80 tokens. You can buy lvl 70 tokens from the CM & open them up in game on a character. Then they are applied to your account on all servers.

Yes, thanks! You can actually get the level 80 tokens, but only as part of a package, and as I understand it, you start with 0 crewskills if you use one of those. I was looking for a skilled Synthweaver, so I bought I bought a 70 token and made a new Assassin. With the 70 tokens, if you make a force user they start with level 600 Synth, Arch, and UnderW Trade. If you make a non force user, they start with level 600 Armormech, Scav, and uhh, whatever the other one is for making armor...

12 minutes ago, ElZaguero said:

Yes, thanks! You can actually get the level 80 tokens, but only as part of a package, and as I understand it, you start with 0 crewskills if you use one of those. I was looking for a skilled Synthweaver, so I bought I bought a 70 token and made a new Assassin. With the 70 tokens, if you make a force user they start with level 600 Synth, Arch, and UnderW Trade. If you make a non force user, they start with level 600 Armormech, Scav, and uhh, whatever the other one is for making armor...

I can’t find any info on lvl 80 tokens. Can you tell me what package you think they’re part of. 

36 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Master's Datacron boosts to level 80. Increased in a patch maybe 7.3 or 7.2? (don't remember)

10 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

Master's Datacron boosts to level 80. Increased in a patch maybe 7.3 or 7.2? (don't remember)

Thanks. But I’ve only seen the lvl 70 ones. Does the master datacron boost description actually say that on the CM? 
I’ve just scanned the patch notes from both releases & seen no notification about this. I’ve also googled it & can’t find anything. 
Are you sure this is a thing? 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

20 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Thanks. But I’ve only seen the lvl 70 ones. Does the master datacron boost description actually say that on the CM? 
I’ve just scanned the patch notes from both releases & seen no notification about this. I’ve also googled it & can’t find anything. 
Are you sure this is a thing? 

Maybe they forgot to update the in-game text?

I found it in patch 7.2.1:

The Master’s Datacron now boosts players’ character to Level 80 (up from Level 70). The armor granted by the equipment bundle has been updated to relevant conquest armor. More details in this forum post.

The linked forum post says:

One change we did want to let you know about today is an update coming to the Master Datacron. Currently, the item allows players to boost their characters to level 70. Beginning with 7.2.1, this item will boost players to level 80.

When 7.2.1 goes live, this change will automatically be applied to players who currently have a Master’s Datacron in their inventory or Cargo Hold.

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Maybe they forgot to update the in-game text?

I found it in patch 7.2.1:

The linked forum post says:

Cool thanks. I was being lazy not wanting to read ever version of the patch notes from 7.2 to 7.3.1. 

I did just find this on swtorista: 

“On the Cartel Market, the Master’s Datacron costs 3,200 Cartel Coins, or about $30 USD or 6 months of Cartel Coins that come with subscribing”

Let me say, that’s a total rip off. I can’t believe anyone would actually pay for that in APAC because $30 USD = $45 AUD

I really hope they open double XP for a month so I can get some lvl 80’s done. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

3 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

If they do, it will prove BS don’t understand their players or know how to critically think through an issue. Because nothing in that players response stops the player from enjoying the game as a fresh server. And no one would be forcing them to transfer. So it’s a really weak argument if that’s the one BS decides to back. But if they do, they will lose more old APAC players & retuning players won’t stick around either. It will make the server fail & that would make it bad business decision. 

I think it's both. Same developers, just a different employer.

They still don’t understand their players or know how to critically think through an issue.

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Please explain how “other people” transferring would change any of that for you? You wouldn’t need to transfer if you don’t want too. You’d still be able to do exactly what you’re doing now & other people could transfer if they want. Which would have zero affect on you. 

Perhaps it wouldn't change anything. It most likely wouldn't. I just like seeing low prices on GTN but still not having the credits to buy and up-sell them again and again. It's more about the economy thing rather than legacy transfers, I guess. I like the achievements popping up again. I enjoy it :) But I understand that everyone's opinion and definition of enjoyment is different.

I particularly like the way you used quotation marks for 'other people', implying that I said that, even though I didn't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cattooo said:

Perhaps it wouldn't change anything. It most likely wouldn't. I just like seeing low prices on GTN but still not having the credits to buy and up-sell them again and again. It's more about the economy thing rather than legacy transfers, I guess. I like the achievements popping up again. I enjoy it :) But I understand that everyone's opinion and definition of enjoyment is different.

I particularly like the way you used quotation marks for 'other people', implying that I said that, even though I didn't.

I put “other people” in quotient marks to highlight there are other people 😉. It wasn’t in response you using it. 

If your main concern is the economy & GTN, I too share that concern & have offered solutions on how BS could address it while still allowing transfers for people. 

Surely we can agree that other people transferring their characters & legacy over has no bearing on your actual game play or experience? And as long as BS restrict large credit transfers, it won’t affect the GTN prices or cause unnatural inflation. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

I don't know what's the big deal of character transfer to SV. It's not like all ya dirty westerners are going to flood in and colonize the APAC server /j

Old APAC players were forced to go to US/UN servers because APAC server was closed.

Most US/UN players using US/UN servers won't go to APAC server because that sweet delicious 300ms ping.

Just don't let people take their credits when transfer if inflation is a concern. I imagine most APAC players who want to "go home" don't want to part with their legacy unlocks and achievement they spent years to build. Credits isn't that much of an issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You Don't really need double XP as a subscriber. In 3 weeks I'm up to 62 on my highest level (SW) - still haven't finished chapter 1 with him, tho I'm close), and got the other classes off to a good start (finished DK/Coruscant on all but SM & BH (just started BH this week). Haven't started JC yet. And already have a few strongholds that I'm working on. 

You said that it wouldn't effect other people if some transfer over. Well, I think it might. Depending on if they let them bring billions of credits. (I for one don't HAVE billions on the other servers, Millions, yes, but not billions.) And I'm worried that will cause the GTN be the same sort of trainwreck as the other servers.   Again, if and when they DO allow transfers, I'd prefer they allow them to come with a credit limit on how many they can bring.

44 minutes ago, Shayddow said:

You said that it wouldn't effect other people if some transfer over. Well, I think it might. Depending on if they let them bring billions of credits. (I for one don't HAVE billions on the other servers, Millions, yes, but not billions.) And I'm worried that will cause the GTN be the same sort of trainwreck as the other servers.   Again, if and when they DO allow transfers, I'd prefer they allow them to come with a credit limit on how many they can bring.

We’ve already addressed that issue earlier. They should definitely limit how many credits can be transferred per legacy. But that’s all they should do.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:34 PM, ElZaguero said:

search for "boost" in the cartel market window.   there are only a few results, it's one of them.

22 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Cool thanks. I was being lazy not wanting to read ever version of the patch notes from 7.2 to 7.3.1. 

I did just find this on swtorista: 

“On the Cartel Market, the Master’s Datacron costs 3,200 Cartel Coins, or about $30 USD or 6 months of Cartel Coins that come with subscribing”

Let me say, that’s a total rip off. I can’t believe anyone would actually pay for that in APAC because $30 USD = $45 AUD

Let me just offer a different perspective:

For me, it's a HUGE time saver on multiple levels.

For the Master's Datacron boost I don't have to go through the story on my first 80, which I wanted quickly.  I can just jump to Ossus via the starship terminal and start working toward the current "end" of the story.

I can use that 80 to do dailies and start building up credits for legacy unlocks and other stuff.

For the boost that takes you to 70, and gets you an additional character slot on all servers, I can use that to jump start crafting for either synweaving/armormech as each of those start out at 600.   Yes, I need to farm the credits to unlock the 700 level for those (care of the initial level 80, and now the 2nd boosted character of level 70).

It may not be worth it to you, or anyone else, looking at a "cost" perspective, but for me, and the amount of time it saves me, it's completely worth it....using the "free" cartel coins that I've been accumulating from GS over the last many months.

Would I SPEND real life $ for CC to use like this.

No, probably not.

But...using the CC that's just been sitting there, that I didn't have to pay for, yes, absolutely.

• Like 2

With no transfers announced yet, it means many APAC players who are currently up to date with the 7.3 story. We will be forced to go back & play on the US servers if they want to play the new 7.4 content (With degraded performance & connection issues of course). 

This is totally unacceptable because it’s going to empty the brand new server of these players. Which will negatively affect the population on the server. Then new & returning APAC players will see friends, guild mates & the server population drop over night. It will make the game look dead. And that’s a massive turn off for these players. They’ll feel abandoned. 

They won’t have anyone to help or ask questions too in their guilds if the GM’s leave. There won’t be as many experienced players on the server to answer questions or help. Plus new or retuning people are going to be confused with the GTN changes after the patch & wont have us to explain it to them why it’s changed & how it’s supposed to work.

This is a terrible decision by the developer team to not anticipate this will happen. I had hoped they would use some critical thinking skills to figure this out themselves & announce transfers for tomorrow in the patch notes or in a forum post today. But so far we have crickets. 

It seems they are fine to kill off the APAC server before it’s even had a chance to grow 😞😡

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

With no transfers announced yet, it means many APAC players who are currently up to date with the 7.3 story. We will be forced to go back & play on the US servers if they want to play the new 7.4 content (With degraded performance & connection issues of course). 

This is totally unacceptable because it’s going to empty the brand new server of these players. Which will negatively affect the population on the server. Then new & returning APAC players will see friends, guild mates & the server population drop over night. It will make the game look dead. And that’s a massive turn off for these players. They’ll feel abandoned. 

They won’t have anyone to help or ask questions too in their guilds if the GM’s leave. There won’t be as many experienced players on the server to answer questions or help. Plus new or retuning people are going to be confused with the GTN changes after the patch & wont have us to explain it to them why it’s changed & how it’s supposed to work.

This is a terrible decision by the developer team to not anticipate this will happen. I had hoped they would use some critical thinking skills to figure this out themselves & announce transfers for tomorrow in the patch notes or in a forum post today. But so far we have crickets. 

It seems they are fine to kill off the APAC server before it’s even had a chance to grow 😞😡

This is a good point.

I'll be splitting time on SF for solo PvE and SS for group PvE.

Maybe I'll grind a bit if there's double exp but I'll mainly stay where I have resources.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, eabevella said:

This is a good point.

I'll be splitting time on SF for solo PvE and SS for group PvE.

Maybe I'll grind a bit if there's double exp but I'll mainly stay where I have resources.

I agree with players staying where they have resources. I just hope SV gets an honest opportunity to grow and thrive.

• Thanks 1

ya know, it usually is possible to split your time between more than one server. New content shouldn't take more than 1 day to complete, if it is anything like past new content.

I plan on working my BH on Star Forge for 7.4 content & then going back to Shae to work up my characters there.. Might also throw in one on Leviathan if I get time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, obek_kwae said:

Unlikely at this point. The resounding silence on the issue as presented across multiple threads speaks volumes. They just don't care beyond token efforts.

APAC players just need to make some more noise about it on the forums to get the devs attention. 

They need to open transfers.  These are optional and you can partake or not partake. If you have dreamy aspirations of starting a new then that is your option, but not everyone wants that experience.  Let's not forget this is Star Wars - Scum, villainy, and lawlessness with an occasional happy ending that will change to an unhappy twist in the subsequent sequel.  As long as human players exist then ultimately all the things you do not like and do not want to see will happen on the server.  Does delaying that briefly change anything?