How my average PvP match goes.

IIHawkerII

- You've got one day off this week, time to start grinding so you can even have a chance at completing the season. 
- Spend forty minutes waiting in a warzone queue. 
- Finally join a match, you play objective, trying to stall the other team from capping in Hypergate. You end up with like... One medal? 
- Constantly playing at 900+ ping because you're from APAC. 
- Random spikes into the 20000+ range. 
- You somehow win anyway - Doesn't really matter, your PvP season bar barely moves at all. 
- Time to wait another forty minutes for another pop. 
- Sure love how I'm wasting my only time off on this infuriating, Sisyphean task. 

1 hour ago, IIHawkerII said:

- You've got one day off this week, time to start grinding so you can even have a chance at completing the season. 
- Spend forty minutes waiting in a warzone queue. 
- Finally join a match, you play objective, trying to stall the other team from capping in Hypergate. You end up with like... One medal? 
- Constantly playing at 900+ ping because you're from APAC. 
- Random spikes into the 20000+ range. 
- You somehow win anyway - Doesn't really matter, your PvP season bar barely moves at all. 
- Time to wait another forty minutes for another pop. 
- Sure love how I'm wasting my only time off on this infuriating, Sisyphean task. 

I have to ask, where about’s are you in APAC with 900ms ping? 
I play from near Sydney Australia & my ping is 221ms. 
Yes the ping spikes can be brutal, but not 20000ms. If they were that high, you’d disconnect from the game. 
It sounds to me like you might have actual internet connection issues.
Also, I believe it’s between PvP seasons at the moment. Are you sure you’re not mistaking Galactic Seasons with PvP seasons? 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

6 hours ago, IIHawkerII said:

Spend forty minutes waiting in a warzone queue. 

Im going to tackle each of these at a time and see if I can't help out with some advice. first off 40 minutes in queue is abnormal. Which server do u play on? Are u playing mid brackets or lvl 80? My recommendation is to send a lvl 80 toon to Starforge as it's the most populated server and I've never had to wait 40 minutes for a match to pop, maybe 15 minutes at most. Lowbies pop on a regular basis there as well, but maybe less at off peak server times.

Constantly playing at 900+ ping because you're from APAC. 

As mentioned before something sounds wrong here. Btw both "east coast" and "west coast" servers are in the same location, so if you decided to swap at least for the pvp season to the east coast server (SF with a bigger population) it wouldn't make a difference on ur ping. Maybe ur playing on a European server? 

You somehow win anyway - Doesn't really matter, your PvP season bar barely moves at all. 

Finishing the weeklies is the best way to advance in the track and get the most points. Idk seems like the progress bar moves at a pretty good rate for me... I'll be maxed out at the 1k points u can get in a week, in one night of pvping for the most part. Also, as the season progresses you can buy ur way up to lvl 15. That will get u some tokens and the 1st set (or most of it) of the base cosmetic pvp gear rewards.

Sure love how I'm wasting my only time off on this infuriating, Sisyphean task. 

If it's not fun to you, just simply don't do it. I was recently faced with a grind I similarly didnt look forward to. The long grind of opening command crates to try and unlock all the different sets of armor you can get from the odessen vendors. I started to realize how much of a waste of time it was and how it was bringing zero joy. So I deleted about 500 + command crates so I wouldn't be tempted to waste my time in that manner. Felt like a load lifted off my shoulders lol 😂😂

Lastly, one of the best things u can do for ur enjoyment of pvp, is make some friends who enjoy pvp, hop in voice comms and turn it into a social thing. It's much more enjoyable in my experience to pass the time chatting with friends and experiencing wzs/arenas in a group setting. 

8 hours ago, Samcuu said:

Finishing the weeklies is the best way to advance in the track and get the most points. Idk seems like the progress bar moves at a pretty good rate for me... I'll be maxed out at the 1k points u can get in a week, in one night of pvping for the most part. Also, as the season progresses you can buy ur way up to lvl 15. That will get u some tokens and the 1st set (or most of it) of the base cosmetic pvp gear rewards.

just want to throw in that I completed the basic requirements for week 1 by doing the 3 arena weeklies in one night, but I'm not sure that works toward the extra 5(?) achievement tokens. I know there's a requirement for both arena and/or WZ weeklies. I just don't remember if it's "and" or "or".

8 hours ago, Samcuu said:

f it's not fun to you, just simply don't do it. I was recently faced with a grind I similarly didnt look forward to. The long grind of opening command crates to try and unlock all the different sets of armor you can get from the odessen vendors. I started to realize how much of a waste of time it was and how it was bringing zero joy. So I deleted about 500 + command crates so I wouldn't be tempted to waste my time in that manner. Felt like a load lifted off my shoulders lol 😂😂

I recognize this! (or something like it) 😄 I recall spamming heroics to open crates just for the companion affection tokens. and I had a fully unlocked set of storage vaults to sort all the gear by slot and set. omg. what a silly grind to put myself through for gear I (mostly) didn't use and tokens I didn't wanna "waste" in-game credit on. 😐

• Like 1