New class balance changes listed for 7.4

TrixxieTriss

Jackie has listed new balance changes in the PTS forums. 

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931762-74-content-on-the-public-test-server-is-now-live/?do=findComment&comment=9783609

They are obviously not up for discussion  or feedback or changes because she’s locked the thread to prevent it 🤦‍♀️

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• TrixxieTriss changed the title to New class balance changes listed for 7.4
2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I also did see a request for the 7.4 class balance changes. They are listed below: 

Sniper / Gunslinger

• Engineering / Saboteur
    • Reduced the critical damage bonus given to Explosive Probe / Explosive Charge from the Lazer Targeting / Sequential Targeting mod to 20% (from 25%).

Juggernaut / Guardian

• Vengeance / Vigilance
    • Removing the cooldown reduction from Major Fracture / Cauterizing Brand
    • Fixed an issue with Deep Cuts where it wasn't properly increasing periodic damage critical hit chance

Powertech / Vanguard

• Pyrotech / Plasmatech
    • Superheated Fuel now increases Flame attack critical chance and critical hit damage by 25%.

Please note that these are the changes that will be going live with 7.4 and we will not be making additional balance adjustments until a later patch. 

Here’s an actual copy paste of the relevant part of the post

Edited by TrixxieTriss

8 hours ago, meddani said:

engi nerf is like a slap on the wrist nothing more.

the cd nerf for vengeance seems more like a pve nerf.

can't say anything on pyro because i don't play that specc lol.

Engis normal DPS is fine honestly, they just need to nerf ionic tactical

Veng nerf I question, veng really isn't op in either pve or PVP it's ok 

Pyro is weird change, they already have a tactical that boosts the DMG bonus to 100%, I'm assuming the change is for levelling? 

Edited by SentinalMasterWW

23 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

Engis normal DPS is fine honestly, they just need to nerf ionic tactical

Veng nerf I question, veng really isn't op in either pve or PVP it's ok 

Pyro is weird change, they already have a tactical that boosts the DMG bonus to 100%, I'm assuming the change is for levelling? 

veng nerf  messed up the rotation pretty bad.

the pyro nerf is  literally the tactical you're talking about xD

• Thanks 1

the pyro nerf is  literally the tactical you're talking about xD

Forgot that Battle focus was the ability and SF was the tactical, but looking at that its a pretty big nerf, Not sure if it will remain the bias or if players will move onto something live Overwhelming offense. 

EDIT: Yeah that is a major nerf for pyro

veng nerf  messed up the rotation pretty bad.

I honestly still don't get the reasoning behind removing the cooldown reduction, Veng was average, above average in some Area's but IMO they needed to nerf Rage/Focus and buff Fury/Concentration. 

Also they still need to fix Jug's/Guardian Skank tank, they basically did a slap on the wrist in the last class changes. 

Edited by SentinalMasterWW
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

IMO they needed to nerf Rage/Focus and buff Fury/Concentration. 

Not before they do something about Madness Sorcs.

I pride myself as being a very capable Rage Jugg & above average Fury Mara player.
Im certainly not in the top 1% but maybe top 5% 🤷🏻‍♀️ since so many dedicated pvpers have left and I can usually hold my own & not crumble against most classes & players regardless of class imbalances. 

But Madness Sorcs DPS are extremely overturned at the moment & combined with Sorc survivability, it makes them too overpowered.
And if you come across someone who knows what they are doing, it’s nearly always a guaranteed draw/defeat in 1v1, even if they aren’t a top 5%er in skill because they can always escape & heal up. But in the hands of a 5%er, they are very deadly & it’s a guaranteed death unless they make a big mistake or lag out. 

And to be clear, I’m not suggesting they nerf any Sorc’s healing. Because survivability via self heals & escaping is part of the Sorc’s repertoire.
And I’m also not suggesting they nerf Lightning Sorc’s at all, if anything, Lightning could use a small DPS buff. It’s only Madness spec that needs a little detuning to bring it in line with Lightning’s damage output (after it gets a small buff). 

I would also like to see Marksman snipers & Arsenal Merc’s regain some of their DPS power with some buffs to DPS. Then they won’t need to worry about nerfing Rage Juggs or Fury Mara’s DPS. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

Forgot that Battle focus was the ability and SF was the tactical, but looking at that its a pretty big nerf, Not sure if it will remain the bias or if players will move onto something live Overwhelming offense.

i highly doubt the nerf is that bad that OO will be better, need to test this myself.

in the end i don't really care because i never liked that specc post 3.0 

16 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

Buff Fury/Concentration.

as an average fury/concentration enjoyer i approve xD

bring the supercrit back, but only for raging/focused burst.

Edited by meddani
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Not before they do something about Madness Sorcs.

I pride myself as being a very capable Rage Jugg & above average Fury Mara player.
Im certainly not in the top 1% but maybe top 5% 🤷🏻‍♀️ since so many dedicated pvpers have left and I can usually hold my own & not crumble against most classes & players regardless of class imbalances. 

But Madness Sorcs DPS are extremely overturned at the moment & combined with Sorc survivability, it makes them too overpowered.
And if you come across someone who knows what they are doing, it’s nearly always a guaranteed draw/defeat in 1v1, even if they aren’t a top 5%er in skill because they can always escape & heal up. But in the hands of a 5%er, they are very deadly & it’s a guaranteed death unless they make a big mistake or lag out. 

And to be clear, I’m not suggesting they nerf any Sorc’s healing. Because survivability via self heals & escaping is part of the Sorc’s repertoire.
And I’m also not suggesting they nerf Lightning Sorc’s at all, if anything, Lightning could use a small DPS buff. It’s only Madness spec that needs a little detuning to bring it in line with Lightning’s damage output (after it gets a small buff). 

I would also like to see Marksman snipers & Arsenal Merc’s regain some of their DPS power with some buffs to DPS. Then they won’t need to worry about nerfing Rage Juggs or Fury Mara’s DPS. 

Basically this, If you are fighting a good madness sorc who knows how to play it, You will always loose out. Deception and AP PT can cause them to panic, but with their built in DR Reduction, and off healing, plus with their Force Speed on basically 10 sec cooldown, they can just run off and go heal back up. 

Marksman is in dire need, while Gunnery did get a minor buff last patch, MM has not received anything major, it runs into energy issues and the DMG isn't there for either PVE or PVP. It needs major help. 

Arsenal is ok right now, Some buffs wouldn't hurt it, but my overall wish is that the Dev's would go through all the classes CS trees and refine them, see what should be locked behind a choice and what should be given as mainline. 

Fury though I still think needs some buffs, I think they got hit too hard at launch, and now I think they can slowly trickle in some buffs over time just to bring it back up a bit. 

Regarding the Engi nerfs in the post, I really think they should nerf Ionic, its a broken tactical in PVP and it can easily get 150K + Crits, Engi is really strong right now and while I am mixed on whether it needs nerfing, I think just straight up nerfing ionic and Removing the 50% DMG bonus on Explosive probe would be a decent nerf. 

Controversial take: I also think Concealment is kind of in a bad spot right now as well, it got nerfed a couple patches ago even though it's sister spec lethality should've gotten the nerf bat. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Samcuu said:

Leth's biggest burst ability was nerfed by 50% btw. It hits like a wet noodle now. 

Catalyzed toxins for lethality is actually a pretty strong PVP tactical, sure it does not reapply DOTS like UV blast, but it gives Lethality much better burst and more people have moved from Synox shots to CT. I also should have clarified that Lethality more so needed a nerf in their roll heal, Mainly increasing the cooldown on it.

8 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

Catalyzed toxins for lethality is actually a pretty strong PVP tactical, sure it does not reapply DOTS like UV blast, but it gives Lethality much better burst and more people have moved from Synox shots to CT. I also should have clarified that Lethality more so needed a nerf in their roll heal, Mainly increasing the cooldown on it.

Leth ops playing with those tacticals do hardly any sustained dmg bro and their burst isn't op at all. Ops are the squishiest class in game rt now, hardly need any more nerfs especially considering they can't get close to ranged classes in this meta anyways lol. 

• Confused 1