The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Coming 7.4 GTN changes on the PTS

TrixxieTriss

1 hour ago, JakRoanin said:

I said I don't undercut that much. But 7.4 is a great thing for people who aren't billionaires!

it doesn't matter if you, personally, undercut that much when a few hundred people can do it and collectively tank it's value.

don't undercut, just match the lowest price that you know will sell.

if everyone did that, everyone would make more money.

would you rather sell a bunch of dyes RIGHT NOW (assuming you don't get undercut in 5 seconds) for 30,000, or for a million?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DreadzKaiser said:

it doesn't matter if you, personally, undercut that much when a few hundred people can do it and collectively tank it's value.

would you rather sell a bunch of dyes RIGHT NOW (assuming you don't get undercut in 5 seconds) for 30,000, or for a million?

Unless you are trying to sell a very common crafting material, there isn't enough supply for more than a handful of people to undercut a seller. Undercutting by 1 credit to be the first purchased in 7.4 will become a valid tactic.

1 hour ago, Darkestmonty said:

Unless you are trying to sell a very common crafting material, there isn't enough supply for more than a handful of people to undercut a seller. Undercutting by 1 credit to be the first purchased in 7.4 will become a valid tactic.

What do you mean by supply being limited? If you’re referring to Mats on the GTN, then sure. But not all of us buy mats to craft with. I farm the majority of mine or I use JAWA junk vendors. I’ve literally cargo bays full of JAWA junk & a whole guild bank worth of pre crafted dyes. I’m sure I’m not alone in this. If you look at the dye market & track it, you’ll see there are plenty of people who undercut & drive down prices. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

1 hour ago, Darkestmonty said:

why you make a big problem for something what not really is a big problem at all.

if there are people doing that let then do that since there always keep doing it so long there is a actionhouse system in the game you have always some of the problems you cant fix at all and need to accept and deal with it.

40 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

why you make a big problem for something what not really is a big problem at all.

if there are people doing that let then do that since there always keep doing it so long there is a actionhouse system in the game you have always some of the problems you cant fix at all and need to accept and deal with it.

I support people undercutting by 1 credit. That's why I called it a valid tactic.

• Like 2

🤦‍♂️

** I can't believe this is still going on (especially since we have already gone through a similar debate in other threads) ... AND that's kind of why we got what we've got with the new stuff just around the corner.
** I don't see how in the name of common sense we can expect ANY programmer or game developer to come up with the "RIGHT" (????) solution that would make everyone happy.  Seems like nothing will work! 
** The concept of "just do it my way" (and everybody's problems are solved) is somewhat misguided! 

Good grief !!!

Oh well!  I'm sure I'm gonna catch it... but who really cares at this point!

Edited by OlBuzzard
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DreadzKaiser said:

30,000 it's that simple.

30,000 it's that simple.

well congrats, you are probably the only person on the planet that'd willingly give up a massive profit for no real benefit

no wonder you consider multi-million credit purchases too be absurd, you are going out of your way to NOT be a millionaire.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

What do you mean by supply being limited? If you’re referring to Mats on the GTN, then sure. But not all of us buy mats to craft with. I farm the majority of mine or I use JAWA junk vendors. I’ve literally cargo bays full of JAWA junk & a whole guild bank worth of pre crafted dyes. I’m sure I’m not alone in this. If you look at the dye market & track it, you’ll see there are plenty of people who undercut & drive down prices. 

Exactly, craftable dyes are a joke  to produce by the shipload. and there is always a demand for certain colors (Black/anything).

the stuff requires like grade 4 crafting mats. easy to get, easy to make, easy to flood the market with undercuts

6 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

I never post more than 2 of the same dye at once that's rude!

No, that's efficient. Do you go to the  baker and get offended that they have more than 1 loaf of bread for sale too?

you make 5 dyes

you post 1 dye and 2 buyers come looking. only 1 walks away with a dye and you get paid once instead of twice. if 5 buyers come looking, that's 4 sales you are missing out on. so you are massively gimping your own income twice over, buy slashing the price needlessly and bringing so little to market to begin with.

I have to assume you are trolling at this point since you are going out of your way to be bad at selling otherwise.

Edited by DreadzKaiser

30,000 it's that simple.

And if 10 people all undercut by 30,000 that quickly adds up to 300,000 price drop. You don’t need to undercut so much, if at all. 1 credit is more than enough to make you the cheapest. Even undercutting by 1000 credits is too much if the item is only 100000.

No wonder you have no credits. You’re basically throwing your credits away by undercutting 30,000. 

I can literally make 173 million credits in a day during the week from the crafted dyes I list below 1 million. And I’m no where near the cheapest & I don’t undercut below 1 million credits. 

On the other hand, I can make a billion credits over a weekend selling crafted dyes above 1 million. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

8 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

I am going out of my way to be bad at it you're right. Why? Because I only sell stuff to do what I want to do. I don't need extra billions that will go unused by me.

good, then you don't get to complain about us working with billions of credits when you are actively avoiding having money.

1 minute ago, DreadzKaiser said:

good, then you don't get to complain about us working with billions of credits when you are actively avoiding having money.

Yes, I do when it hurts others. Maybe not me, but people with less get hurt because you guys want insane amounts for really no reason.

and while I'm sure that's a great moral victory for you, meanwhile in reality, inflation is a thing and people would like to actually make meaningful amounts of money to buy things with for the simple fact that things ARE sold in the billions

and Biosword would like us to spend large amounts of money so it can be taxed and deleted from the game to help curb said inflation.

so yeah, your selling practices actually are making things worse for literally everyone...

Edited by DreadzKaiser

25 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

I am going out of my way to be bad at it you're right. Why? Because I only sell stuff to do what I want to do. I don't need extra billions that will go unused by me.

Got it, so you’re whole spiel about wanting the devs to take away everyone’s credits & resetting the economy was disingenuous. It turns out you’re just can’t be bothered to learn to make credits to afford more expensive items. Better if the devs just take everyone’s credits so you don’t have to try as hard. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

I don't want it so no, I'm not lazy! I am not willing to pay 1 billion for anything so why should I charge someone else? If I really thought Satele Shan's Armor or lightsabers were worth what they charge on the CM or the GTN I dang well would charge Billions for my stuff! But I don't and I will not ask other people to pay fees I am not willing to pay! If it hurts Billionaires oh well, it's fake money. If you use your real money to make it, that's your problem not mine.

Okay, clearly you feel that the GTN is supposed to be the game. It's not the game it's an add on. As for my other issues... There are physical reasons I'm so glad you don't have. But if for you that equals laziness, I can only pity you, and hope you never suffer a single health issue that makes it impossible for you to accomplish something in a computer game, or in fact, any part of life. I wouldn't wish my body on my worst enemy; let alone a completely stranger as you are to me.

20 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

Okay, clearly you feel that the GTN is supposed to be the game. It's not the game it's an add on. As for my other issues... There are physical reasons I'm so glad you don't have. But if for you that equals laziness, I can only pity you, and hope you never suffer a single health issue that makes it impossible for you to accomplish something in a computer game, or in fact, any part of life. I wouldn't wish my body on my worst enemy; let alone a completely stranger as you are to me.

The GTN is part of the game. Many of us spend more time playing it than playable content because we’ve already done all of it 50+ times. The GTN is a major part of my game play.

As for disabilities, I too have my own challenges I wouldn’t wish on anyone. But I never ask the devs to make things easier for me by taking away from other players. There were ways to still do stuff without taking class abilities away. You could have just as easily removed abilities from your task bar you didn’t need instead of asking the devs to take away abilities others use. Or you could have done what I did & purchased some peripheral devices to allow you to play easier. Because since they pruned the abilities, the classes don’t play properly anymore & lots of them are firmly unbalanced, especially in PvP & Ops. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 3

On 11/5/2023 at 5:09 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

The only people who want to wipe out credits are the ones with no credits like you. 

Ask anyone else who has a substantial amount of credits if they would stay if Broadsword wiped them to zero & they’ll nearly all tell you they’d quit the game. 

And I can guarantee there are more people playing with credits than ones like you with no credits. And many have spent real money on the CM market or have done so in the past. 

But sure, let’s piss off the overwhelming majority of the player base just to suit the few players like yourself who have no credits. That would work out real great for the game /s 🤦‍♀️

On 11/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, psikofunkster said:

They should reset all the credits to 0, also they should sell those old exclusive rewards like the master crest on GTN for Cartel Coins.

From that point generate new content under BS wing and everybody enjoy the game again and be happy. 😊

A  new begining...a new hope...

Shae Vizla will be a new server with no transfers available at launch. This will allow us to monitor the health of the server’s economy and simultaneously provide a space for players who want to start on a clean slate or who have never played before. In essence, opening a new server this way will feel like a new launch.

😉

Edited by psikofunkster