Thoughts on the LiveStream of 7.4

TrueJediLord

I'm hoping the story is as good as the trailer. I'm all for the story aspect of SWTOR. I initially thought it was going to be a repeat of a previous cinematic, but

Spoiler

seeing the fight and freed Malgus got my attention.  I hope my character is the one who sets him free!

The shiny/matt dye option looks good - I'm wondering how it will work.  Will there be an additional dye slot, or will it be an "apply colouration to your armour" type button/option?

I appeared as a finalist in the "Best View in SWTOR" competition.  I thought everyone would have submitted same the shot I chose!  I'm really surprised 😊 (and pleased).  The video of all the finalists' pictures was superb.

I'm ready for the PTS.  I'm hoping it opens this Friday.

Also Ord Mantell!  I hope Aric Jorgan has some lines for trooper and those of us who use him as our main companion.

Edited by Sarova
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, suabensss said:

I liked it, can't wait to go back to Ord Mantell, it's great Keith talked about 7.5/7.6 and that we'll get more details soon

so there stoping with droping the big expensions and also the big story contant drop and we only get the 1 hour story contant drops more.

8 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

so there stoping with droping the big expensions and also the big story contant drop and we only get the 1 hour story contant drops more.

I didn’t watch the stream since I’m at work.  What do you mean by this?  Did they say we aren’t going to get any more expacs?

Adding new dyes for money seems kind of redundant when we still don't have a way to use them more than once.

Also a shame that there's no news about other things like an invisible head armour (still holding out hope) or customisable weapon sounds (mentioned a while ago to be something they were interested in doing).

The armour is a bit...tame. The Sabine one feels like a missed opportunity to put in Baylan's instead of another Mandalorian set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

I didn’t watch the stream since I’m at work.  What do you mean by this?  Did they say we aren’t going to get any more expacs?

i mean more if there is going to be a 7.5 and 7.6 update for the first time then i think more that there will be no new expensions anymore comming like 8.0.

since we all know all the expensions update stop after x.4 after that a new big expension come's out like 5.0 6.0 and 7.0 but if there keep going with the small update's for now on then we never going to get any big expension update's anymore and also no big contant drops anymore only small drops.

so thats why i wane know if there is really a 7.5 and 7.6 comming then we know its only become worse with the story contant drops.

Edited by Spikanor

22 minutes ago, Sarova said:

I'm hoping the story is as good as the trailer. I'm all for the story aspect of SWTOR. I initially thought it was going to be a repeat of a previous cinematic, but

Hide contents

seeing the fight and freed Malgus got my attention.  I hope my character is the one who sets him free!

The shiny/matt dye option looks good - I'm wondering how it will work.  Will there be an additional dye slot, or will it be an "apply colouration to your armour" type button/option?

I appeared as a finalist in the "Best View in SWTOR" competition.  I thought everyone would have submitted same the shot I chose!  I'm really surprised 😊 (and pleased).  The video of all the finalists' pictures was superb.

I'm ready for the PTS.  I'm hoping it opens this Friday.

Also Ord Mantell!  I hope Aric Jorgan has some lines for trooper and those of us who use him as our main companion.

There was a trailer for the spoilered part?

Edited by A_Guy_Called_Bob

21 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

i mean more if there is going to be a 7.5 and 7.6 update for the first time then i think more that there will be no new expensions anymore comming like 8.0.

since we all know all the expensions update stop after x.4 after that a new big expension come's out like 5.0 6.0 and 7.0 but if there keep going with the small update's for now on then we never going to get any big expension update's anymore and also no big contant drops anymore only small drops.

so thats why i wane know if there is really a 7.5 and 7.6 comming then we know its only become worse with the story contant drops.

I think it's more likely that they've just taken over and want to do a lot of technical and graphical changes like the lighting they previewed, server stuff etc and want to have all that done before releasing the next big expansion but can't do it all at once so are splitting it into more little ones. Well that's my hope anyway but there's no way of knowing until they talk about it really.

but regardless... most of the expansions went above .4  like there was 2.10 i think before 3 and there was 5.7

Edited by Nottzo

I do like the idea of going back to the starter planets and Seeing how they have changed since we started our journey, Would be interesting if we are going to go to Tython or Korriban and see the ruins of the Sith Academy and Jedi Temple from the Zakuul invasion. 

I appreciate the raise in PVP Gear to 336. 

It seems we are slowly drifting back into the Sith vs Republic storyline, I and others really don't care for mandalorian stuff, Its kind of just burn out at this point because of all the Mando stuff Disney is pushing out. 

I do think tho that the story is just going to fall under something like Return to Manaan, where its like 1 hour to and hour and a half of story content. 

I also REALLY wanted to hear something about refinement to Combat Styles system. 

Overall its kind of what I expected to hear from the Devs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nottzo said:

I think it's more likely that they've just taken over and want to do a lot of technical and graphical changes like the lighting they previewed, server stuff etc and want to have all that done before releasing the next big expansion but can't do it all at once so are splitting it into more little ones. Well that's my hope anyway but there's no way of knowing until they talk about it really.

the problem is more that for most people see this is a bad sign what we really not need at all.

since most people are still thinking if its worth to become sub again or if there wane keep playing this game.

and if there is no big expension contant drop and only small update's like we so far got then its becoming a big problem since its less worth to become sub or play this game.

its also a sign what most people call the maintenance mode this game is going to become closser to.

the only way i see there can chance this is to give a really good explain about it so that people understand why there go with 7.5 and 7.6 and not with 8.0.

now is the right time to explain things really good to the community about it and not ignore it anymore.

Edited by Spikanor

22 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

You do realize that we had a 5.10 update at one point.   Them doing 7.5 & 7.6 doesn’t mean they won’t do another xpac and there is no rule that says they can only go to X.4 on updates. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

the problem is more that for most people see this is a bad sign what we really not need at all.

since most people are still thinking if its worth to become sub again or if there wane keep playing this game.

and if there is no big expension contant drop and only small update's like we so far got then its becoming a big problem since its less worth to become sub or play this game.

its also a sign what most people call the maintenance mode this game is going to become closser to.

the only way i see there can chance this is to give a really good explain about it so that people understand why there go with 7.5 and 7.6 and not with 8.0.

now is the right time to explain things really good to the community about it and not ignore it anymore.

most of the updates have gone past .4 so to have a 7.6 really doesn't mean anything. I would rather they took their time and released something really good than do it quicker and it be half-baked. I get that people want it, so do I and they know that. 

The fact that they're doing these changes like moving servers to the cloud and improving the lighting and effect tells us the opposite of maintenance mode really, would they do those changes if they were just gonna let it die? I highly doubt it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

You do realize that we had a 5.10 update at one point.   Them doing 7.5 & 7.6 doesn’t mean they won’t do another xpac and there is no rule that says they can only go to X.4 on updates. 

but now is it diffrend story when it was back then.

remember good that there have make a big screw up with the 7.0 expension that people still not have forgive then at all so people have lost a big thrust in then.

the 7.5 and 7.6 still not fix a lot of problems what the 7.0 has make there are things you cant fix with update's only its also taking responsible how there have done it with the expension it self like the 1 week before launch day screw up there have done.

3 minutes ago, Nottzo said:

The fact that they're doing these changes like moving servers to the cloud and improving the lighting and effect tells us the opposite of maintenance mode really, would they do those changes if they were just gonna let it die? I highly doubt it

most old players are still pist off what there have done with the 7.0 expension back then.

there are a lot of then thinking about quiting this game for good since all the update's so far still not has fix the big mess from the compleet expension it self.

there are things you cant fix with update's only to keep then playing remember good how crap the 7.0 expension not was and how pisst off the commenity not still is about it.

the point is more that now there need to explane things about why there not launch the 8.0 expension and keep releasing update's in the 7.0 expension since the compleet 7.0 expension has been markt as the worst expension there ever release at all.

1 minute ago, Spikanor said:

remember good that there have make a big screw up with the 7.0 expension that people still not have forgive then at all so people have lost a big thrust in then.

And your suggested fix for a rushed and unfinished 7.0 is rushing 8.0?

8.0, if it ever happens, has to be good. I'm glad they're taking their time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spikanor said:

the 7.5 and 7.6 still not fix a lot of problems what the 7.0 has make there are things you cant fix with update's only its also taking responsible how there have done it with the expension it self like the 1 week before launch day screw up there have done.

That has nothing to do with the fact you somehow got the idea that they could only go to 7.4 before they HAD to do an expansion and if they didn’t that meant they weren’t going to do anymore.   

As I said, I didn’t watch the stream due to work but from what I’ve read they didn’t say what was going to be in 7.5 & 7.6.  They could fix some of the things in those.  Some things people got upset about can’t be fixed.  And an expansion is in no way a guarantee that people wouldn’t still be upset. 

7 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

most old players are still pist off what there have done with the 7.0 expension back then.

there are a lot of then thinking about quiting this game for good since all the update's so far still not has fix the big mess from the compleet expension it self.

there are things you cant fix with update's only to keep then playing remember good how crap the 7.0 expension not was and how pisst off the commenity not still is about it.

the point is more that now there need to explane things about why there not launch the 8.0 expension and keep releasing update's in the 7.0 expension since the compleet 7.0 expension has been markt as the worst expension there ever release at all.

It has moved since then, it's at broadsword now not bioware, Different developers and hopefully better but you can't get angry and slate the current ones for the mistakes of the last, i know some of the team moved studios with the game but it is a different team in general.  but be all and end all is that I'd rather they took their time and people that are not willing to wait can unsub, I think they're aware of that.

They can call it 8√7.0 expansion mk.II patch.

I just want new story content. At least finish all story arcs they started. Finish mando arc. Finish Malgus arc with either joining him or against him and be over with it.
At this rate of story progression Malgus will be still sitting in the chair in next expansion.
Like, think about it. How will story move forward after 7.4? What our actions on Ord Mantell will do? Absolutely nothing. Same story as with Voss. It should be side quest/arc line, not "full" story in patch.

I hope swtor will be getting new stories for years. But if they will be prolonging same stories for so long, they will never end it and we'll end in the infinite loop of same story that should end few patches ago.

30 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

the only way i see there can chance this is to give a really good explain about it so that people understand why there go with 7.5 and 7.6 and not with 8.0

6.0 lasted about 2.5 years until 7.0 released. So that would give them until summer 2024 to keep within that same time frame. I dont see a huge xpac dropping in like 8 months from now so yeah but maybe next year sometime, which would be understandable considering the dev workforce has been halved. 

LULMAO WHAT IS THAT NEW DYE SYSTEM

God just get rid of dyes all together and allow us to freely change color and material through a terminal like the character customization using credits and/or cartel coins. HELL let us change character appearance using credits and it'll be a guarantee credit sink.

But no, let's add another item that will sell in the billions and only the 1% will have access to unless you buy it with actual money.

• Like 1

Very much what I was expecting.  A mixed bag.

Some good, changes to GTN, new kind of dye pack improvements

Some bad, yet again stuck with companions in story I don't care for or like. 

Bad, no new conversations with old companions, or LI's

Good, new story, new daily area, I really do like new daily areas for planets. Story while looks short at least looked interesting, Plus added story with Lane Vizsla as extra. 

Bad, no update on crafting.

Good, news of many years to come, to me this was the most positive thing of the stream. 😍

Bad Other than a hideous armer set nothing else for life day. Yes this matters as for long term players there no reason to take part.

Good, new deco's from the life day vender (yes am separating this from the game event of life day.)

Neither good or bad .... visible gaming, OK yes it is an improvement, but for the most part I rather they spent there time on new stuff instead of going over old stuff.

Neither good or Bad, new World Boss. I have stopped doing WB's due to player(s) not waiting until group is ready as such this is just not ever going to be done by me. Or older WB's now. Still for others this will be welcome.

Just now, Darcmoon said:

That has nothing to do with the fact you somehow got the idea that they could only go to 7.4 before they HAD to do an expansion and if they didn’t that meant they weren’t going to do anymore.   

As I said, I didn’t watch the stream due to work but from what I’ve read they didn’t say what was going to be in 7.5 & 7.6.  They could fix some of the things in those.  Some things people got upset about can’t be fixed.  And an expansion is in no way a guarantee that people wouldn’t still be upset. 

i also not have watch the stream at all but when i read on this thread there was a 7.5 and 7.6 comming then i got a bad feeling that the importent year for broadsword was becoming a bad one also since there is no big contant drop comming.

also i never watch live streams at all for stuff like this at all.

Just now, Samcuu said:

6.0 lasted about 2.5 years until 7.0 released. So that would give them until summer 2024 to keep within that same time frame. I dont see a huge xpac dropping in like 8 months from now so yeah but maybe next year sometime, which would be understandable considering the dev workforce has been halved.

but still in the 2.5 years there have screw a lot of things up with the 7.0 expension to make it the worst expension there release at all.

so to give there more time about it has not help at all we see now.

so if there need a long time with the next expension it has show us with the 7.0 expension that took 2.3 years orginal to release has become a big fail of shame more for then.

i also not happy with the short time release of the new expension at all but the longer wait for it is also not going to tell its become a good one anymore since the 7.0 screw up.

29 minutes ago, Nottzo said:

It has moved since then, it's at broadsword now not bioware, Different developers and hopefully better but you can't get angry and slate the current ones for the mistakes of the last, i know some of the team moved studios with the game but it is a different team in general.  but be all and end all is that I'd rather they took their time and people that are not willing to wait can unsub, I think they're aware of that.

but you forget 1 thing.

its not about the studio at all.

its also about the team that is working on it.

and remember good that most of the same team that have work under bioware with this game are also working on this game under broadsword so that is also not a good thing since its the same team that screw up more the 7.0 expension.

and this also something you see on some other threads that some community members still have that bad feeling about the next update's and so that some things really have gone wrong and people have see it with there own eye's and people have learn to think twice about becoming sub or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.