Music of The Old Republic

-Shutterbug-

(hopefully this hasn't been posted yet)

Hi all. 

This is something I caught on a Facebook discussion group that talks about our game. This is huge. Somebody managed to compile a proverbial FREIGHT train of music from TOR. Check this out, this is like Howard Carter discovering King Tut's tomb, for the most part - it's all there! TWO large directories worth!!

The Complete Soundtrack of Star Wars: The Old Republic

Extra Tracks from Star Wars: The Old Republic

a total of 672 tracks from the game are there.  MY mind is certainly blown!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, -Shutterbug- said:

well I meant the big combination of music in 1 source 

It's  already been posted within  one of those links i  listed for you.  ( no clue if you had time/interest to read  thru any of the links yet  though )

You also might enjoy this--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/930484-grooving-in-the-old-republic-a-blogreview-series-about-the-official-music-releases-over-the-last-twelve-years/

Edited by Nee-Elder

Thanks for the link. There's a lot of tracks heard in-game that have never been released officially. People have posted a few of those unreleased tracks on Youtube but nothing comprehensive. I will make it a priority to listen to this because these things always get taken down.

4 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

I will make it a priority to listen to this because these things always get taken down.

The links i posted above in my 2 earlier posts ^^  ( which i'm guessing you either didn't read or just glossed over , since it appeared you were only replying to the OP )  have been UP  for over 10 years.

One of the links is even from this official  forums website.

In other words:  There's no reason  for them to ever be taken down if they haven't been taken down by now.

Since there's nothing  illegal nor private about the soundtrack.

3 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

The links i posted above in my 2 earlier posts ^^  ( which i'm guessing you either didn't read or just glossed over , since it appeared you were only replying to the OP )  have been UP  for over 10 years.

One of the links is even from this official  forums website.

In other words:  There's no reason  for them to ever be taken down if they haven't been taken down by now.

Since there's nothing  illegal nor private about the soundtrack.

Sorry, I should have quoted -Shutterbug-. I was talking about the archive.org links. not the links you posted. Archive.org is for public domain content and out of print stuff. SWTOR is neither of those, so the SWTOR soundtrack is illegally uploaded there. At any time, Lucasfilm, Disney, EA can have that music taken down.

I do appreciate you trying to help with the links, but the links you posted weren't as good as the ones -Shutterbug- posted. The first link you posted has a facebook link that requires login, so I couldn't see if it works. The second and third links both go to the official music releases, no unreleased music. The fourth link has a few Youtube videos from others with one or two tracks except the one called Full Original Soundtrack, but that one is almost entirely official releases with very little unreleased music. I've done searches myself on Youtube and found some of the unreleased music but nothing comprehensive.

28 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Then  shouldn't the OP of this thread  *delete*  this thread  immediately?

Sorta  risky, no?

He wasn't the one that uploaded them to archive.org. He's not going to get in trouble for sharing a link.

Edited by ThanderSnB

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2023 at 1:18 AM, ThanderSnB said:

He wasn't the one that uploaded them to archive.org. He's not going to get in trouble for sharing a link.

exactly, I imagine it's similar to posting a link to the same thing on youtube, but I felt that various folks in our community would appreciate it, since the game has such great original music (aside from the original music)

On 10/6/2023 at 11:16 PM, ThanderSnB said:

I do appreciate you trying to help with the links, but the links you posted weren't as good as the ones -Shutterbug- posted. 

Going back to my original text at the top of this post, I sort of felt like this was the proverbial "mother load" of music that we've been waiting to find.