Dev or GM Help

Vyzra

Let's see. I don't have high hopes, but maybe someone sees it.

@JackieKo @EricMusco

Every september/octobre the German community is doing a roleplaying event for imperial players. We have a parade, chill in the cantina, visit markets etc. All in character.

Sadly, we are pushed out of the Open World and forced to play in strongholds alltough Dromund Kaas has beautiful scenery. Some people think it's funny to spam and stand with the biggest mount they can find.

We can do something against the Spam. Sadly nothing against giant Mounts standing in our speeches.

Is there a way to convince Gamemasters to be available during the events, if we contact you? Or maybe, it's possible to implement a function to make players/mounts invisible?

I uploaded a picture, so you can see, what I mean.

There are a lot of roleplayers. More than 20. It's an event including a lot of roleplaying guilds. Under the giant basilisk are the Speakers.

Screenshot_2023-09-28_21_08_12_996313.jpg

• Like 6

The years before some people found it funny, to mass-report the speeches we do. While we try to depict an immersive event-week - and surely disturb no one doing PVE - some players take delight in making our role-play experience worse. 

Sw:Tor - as every Star Wars 'branch' has alway been about roleplaying and it would be great, if you could help. 

• Like 3

Would be great if there's anything that could be done about cases like this. We're celebrating this community event since 2013 and every year there are some trolls trying to ruin events with spamming emotes or simply crushing into the scenery with gigantic mounts or forced mass emotes. That's no fun at all.
2020 the community event experienced massive squelch abuse.

Edited by Asarea
  • Like 1

No disrespect intended but you are holding the event in a "public" place and as such it is open to "everyone" including trolls. I suggest you hold it in a private setting like a Stronghold. 

addendum:

If a SH is not viable then maybe a less populated area other than DK because after all it is a starter planet and it is known for its infamously bad toxicity.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

not to be disrespect full about it.

but some of the time's some roleplay guilds use the general chat for there rolplay part when a lot of people not wane read there rolplay on the general chat at all.

and still if you wane play in a open place like the fleet or Dromund Kaas where a lot of people are then you need to deal with it also.

maybe go to place's where there is almost no people since on other planets are bussy with there missions compleet so there is still a lot of other place you can use.

2 hours ago, Vyzra said:

Sadly, we are pushed out of the Open World and forced to play in strongholds alltough Dromund Kaas has beautiful scenery. Some people think it's funny to spam and stand with the biggest mount they can find.

We can do something against the Spam. Sadly nothing against giant Mounts standing in our speeches.

Is there a way to convince Gamemasters to be available during the events, if we contact you? Or maybe, it's possible to implement a function to make players/mounts invisible?

I also do not have much hope anything will be done about this.  All you can do is report the player and hope the game's support team will ban the account for a period of time.  SWTOR stopped supporting designated role playing servers and did not add support for role play instances.  As far as I know the last time SWTOR devs directly addressed the RP community of the game was in 2016, as shown in my email signature, when RP servers were removed from the game.  I've never seen nor heard of actual gamemasters for SWTOR that can handle issues in real time.

14 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

but some of the time's some roleplay guilds use the general chat for there rolplay part when a lot of people not wane read there rolplay on the general chat at all.

and still if you wane play in a open place like the fleet or Dromund Kaas where a lot of people are then you need to deal with it also.

maybe go to place's where there is almost no people since on other planets are bussy with there missions compleet so there is still a lot of other place you can use.

29 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

No disrespect intended but you are holding the event in a "public" place and as such it is open to "everyone" including trolls. I suggest you hold it in a private setting like a Stronghold.

The event took place in a part of Kaas City that's not crowded at all (the market place) and was held in the /say channel - not general chat. So we weren't in the way of anyone doing missions, and only people at the same place could read the emotes (/say range is only ~35metres).
Roleplaying events in the open world are adressed to any roleplayer in the game and are held specificially to make it easy to attend even if you're not already part of the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Non taken ;) Just to clarify: It's not like we were completely blindsided. We know! that trolls exist and if there is a troll, he will troll. The point I am trying to make is that we don't want to hide in Strongholds all the time. We already do that 99% of the year. Not to mention that SH's have a Visitorlimit. Last year we actually surpassed 100 Players. :D

It was just one person. But it's this one bad apple that makes us hide again.

21 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

It's the imperial week. Some things need to be played in Kaas City ;) Can't do that on Tatooine. We're actually looking for places like that. The market is not extremely highly visited on our Server. We tried... and sadly we got found by one Troll.

21 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

I recommend the "Ignore" button if it's disrupting the chat. Most of the time it's an accident. At least on the german server. We're actually really ashamed every time it happens. :D 

We know there are trolls out there. We can deal with spams, we can deal with the lightshows and we can deal with one person jumping around. I am simply asking if we could have some more help against disrupting behaviour, like giant Mounts. Some games have the option to switch of forced emotes. Some others have the option to make Pets and giant companions invisible in City's. Something like that.

Roleplayer are not against PVE'lers. We did have one in the Ranks screaming "Put a baby in me" and it was hilarious. We are part of the Player bases. You don't really see us that much, because we feel like we have to hide. It's a shame.

Edited by Vyzra
  • Like 1

I hear you loud and clear! Although not exactly the same, I go absolutely bananas when someone puts their big mount on top me when I'm at the GTN so I can relate to what you guys are going through. Unless the troll is literally harrassing you with hate speech or violence or something severe like that there is no rule they are breaking by putting their big mount on top of you and your friends. Mind you that the people that interfere may not have malicious intent and are simply curious as to what is going on. If I am minding my business and I see 30 people in an area I'm going to go see what is going on.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Mind you that the people that interfere may not have malicious intent and are simply curious as to what is going on. If I am minding my business and I see 30 people in an area I'm going to go see what is going on.

Naw. Sadly this one was malicious. I tried whispering more than once. After the event we held a market. He followed us to stand in the biggest crowds with the basilisk mount. Everytime we adjusted, he did the same, so the merchant was under the foot of the Mount. That was not curiosity.

We know how curiosity looks like. We adore them actually. The curious people I mean 🥰

6 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

there is no rule they are breaking by putting their big mount on top of you and your friends.

Yeah, I don't have high hopes, that this will be seen by devs. But there is a chance, if we try :D  

Edited by Vyzra
added clarification
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vyzra said:

I recommend the "Ignore" button if it's disrupting the chat. Most of the time it's an accident. At least on the german server. We're actually really ashamed every time it happens. :D 

each server has diffrend problems with some rolplay guilds.

that one server the roleplay guilds use no general chat do's not mean its not happing on the other 4 servers also.

and really the screenshot is for one side also funny more.

it looks like more that there worship the Basilisk as a god more.

The thing about this is - we plan, we organise for weeks before. People practice, coordinate, write speeches - lots of hours go into our hobby, the same hours others put in to raiding or pvp, specs and ghm-marketing - yet if you disturb pve/pvp or ghm you are punished. Ruining player-fun there is a crime. Ruining role-play 'it's kinda okay' 😕

We just want recognition? the same rights as players (paying players in many cases) as the others. And believe me - we're pretty diplomatic in asking people to move, often even offering a place in the crowd or help with roleplay

• Like 3