Same PVP weekly objectives all the time?

RazorBladecontra

Do any of you guys find it tiresome that we get the same PVP objectives on every new week, I find it boring and unamusing do you think they should change the objectives? Like for example: Do 200k damage in a Warzone/Arena or commence 600k healing to other players or play as a Tank or DPS role eight times in any PVP match. 

If any of you agree with my suggestion or not please feel free to comment about it, I know I'm not the only one doing the same weekly objectives over and over again which is tiresome I know for sure. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RazorBladecontra said:

What do you prefer then? I'd like to know from another perspective.

this feels like a trap, but I'll take the bait (why is b.i.t.e. censored?).

I would like a system in which winning or losing matters when you play a game, not just winning gets you the same thing faster than losing gets it. but that would also incite a riot from the myriad "players" who are "forced" to pvp.

but I'm an old fashioned guy. I also don't think giving a person with adhd notes to every lecture or a copy of the professor's notes is a good idea either. but apparently, I'm wrong b/c that's exactly what the state of NY requires teachers to do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RazorBladecontra said:

Like for example: Do 200k damage in a Warzone/Arena or commence 600k healing to other players or play as a Tank or DPS role eight times in any PVP match. 

Perfect, the hiding fest under the ancient Hypergate spawn will get a bit more spicy. I always wanted them to fight back. 

Jokes aside, the requirements are very low but realistically, you want players there to PvP for just that, PvP. 
Sadly, most end up not liking it because gear matters, Level sync will mess up most PvE gear but usually leave them on a competitive level, but it doesn't change the fact accuracy is irrelevant for the yellow damage specs in PvP, unlike PvE which their gear would still have unless they make two sets. 

Most of the issues of players not enjoying PvP are stacking issues like gearing. There are several issues with it for example blue enhancements are HP-heavy and take a lot of power away from your builds, tons use these. No bolster & bad bolster for blue augments taking away even more stats from the average user, think you're saving money using blue augments? Try again, you're actually just losing more stats with very little gain. The gearing system is overly complicated and there are a select few variants of 340 that come out ahead of 332. Sadly, everyone has their own outdated comment on this making it more confusing for those trying to get into it. 340 purple>332>336 The net gain of a good set of 340 is around an augment and a half of extra stats. Do keep in mind that'll likely eventually be fixed and generally not worth it for someone who doesn't already have pieces with or without accuracy to min-max their PvP build with it. So realistically for everyone a set of 332 modded without blue enhancements of course will be the easiest and BiS available. 

Not to mention dead talents and the occasional missing class buffs when grouping happens. If you're missing a story? Well, good luck, playing without the inquisitor, warrior, or agent buff is quite the loss. There's no way to buff yourself outside of spending quite a bit of money and time in a guild to obtain omni-magnification and even then that's pretty steep for something we used to just have widely available for everyone to use. The way that buff works proves that it's possible to have our buffs back without any real issues with the new system and how it works. 

Now if all of that's aside, chances are not knowing the map as a casual player is going to be an issue, or not knowing the best method of doing something is very real. Throw in some matchmaking issues and you've likely got yourself a bad time of confusion. Then to say let's play with friends and none of them really know what's going on, well bad news you're probably going to face another premade (rightfully so, you're grouped) that knows how and what to do and likely will only want to fight. When it comes from PvE at least into PvP the experience is far different and damage roles are incredibly important as DPS can outpace most healers that aren't that great. It's much easier to be a decent DPS than it is a decent healer. Most people don't even get to this point because they think attacking the healer is still the most important thing while DPS wipes them out and makes it easy for them to support their heals. 

No one has the incentive or reasons to get any better let alone learn or try a mode that is seemingly abandoned. It once was incredible and a lot of fun. Nowadays there are more people who play it that have no idea what resolve is or can't list all their classes' defensives. My point is, that you can't force people to learn or play who aren't there for the right reasons, the experience needs to be improved for these players to ever find any fun in it to learn anything about it. As there are plenty of guides and info out there. 

I agree, but the player base makes it problematic. If they made it that you HAD to play as a tank or healer to get your weekly done, the queue would be flooded with people who have no idea how to play either. It might actually be an improvement to get a regular DPS player who swapped to tank spec over the usual full mit node clicker, but regularly getting a healer who has absolutely no clue what is going on while the enemy team has somebody who has some understanding of how to heal would be awful.

If they added a large variety of options to complete your weekly rather than forcing you to do certain things, that'd be a much safer bet and I think a huge improvement. 

On 9/9/2023 at 8:17 PM, Beyrahl said:

Perfect, the hiding fest under the ancient Hypergate spawn will get a bit more spicy. I always wanted them to fight back. 

Jokes aside, the requirements are very low but realistically, you want players there to PvP for just that, PvP. 
Sadly, most end up not liking it because gear matters, Level sync will mess up most PvE gear but usually leave them on a competitive level, but it doesn't change the fact accuracy is irrelevant for the yellow damage specs in PvP, unlike PvE which their gear would still have unless they make two sets. 

Most of the issues of players not enjoying PvP are stacking issues like gearing. There are several issues with it for example blue enhancements are HP-heavy and take a lot of power away from your builds, tons use these. No bolster & bad bolster for blue augments taking away even more stats from the average user, think you're saving money using blue augments? Try again, you're actually just losing more stats with very little gain. The gearing system is overly complicated and there are a select few variants of 340 that come out ahead of 332. Sadly, everyone has their own outdated comment on this making it more confusing for those trying to get into it. 340 purple>332>336 The net gain of a good set of 340 is around an augment and a half of extra stats. Do keep in mind that'll likely eventually be fixed and generally not worth it for someone who doesn't already have pieces with or without accuracy to min-max their PvP build with it. So realistically for everyone a set of 332 modded without blue enhancements of course will be the easiest and BiS available. 

Not to mention dead talents and the occasional missing class buffs when grouping happens. If you're missing a story? Well, good luck, playing without the inquisitor, warrior, or agent buff is quite the loss. There's no way to buff yourself outside of spending quite a bit of money and time in a guild to obtain omni-magnification and even then that's pretty steep for something we used to just have widely available for everyone to use. The way that buff works proves that it's possible to have our buffs back without any real issues with the new system and how it works. 

Now if all of that's aside, chances are not knowing the map as a casual player is going to be an issue, or not knowing the best method of doing something is very real. Throw in some matchmaking issues and you've likely got yourself a bad time of confusion. Then to say let's play with friends and none of them really know what's going on, well bad news you're probably going to face another premade (rightfully so, you're grouped) that knows how and what to do and likely will only want to fight. When it comes from PvE at least into PvP the experience is far different and damage roles are incredibly important as DPS can outpace most healers that aren't that great. It's much easier to be a decent DPS than it is a decent healer. Most people don't even get to this point because they think attacking the healer is still the most important thing while DPS wipes them out and makes it easy for them to support their heals. 

No one has the incentive or reasons to get any better let alone learn or try a mode that is seemingly abandoned. It once was incredible and a lot of fun. Nowadays there are more people who play it that have no idea what resolve is or can't list all their classes' defensives. My point is, that you can't force people to learn or play who aren't there for the right reasons, the experience needs to be improved for these players to ever find any fun in it to learn anything about it. As there are plenty of guides and info out there. 

Do you think they should bring the bolster/buff back but improve and rebalance it including PVP gear as well?

On 9/9/2023 at 8:22 PM, Jettsett said:

I agree, but the player base makes it problematic. If they made it that you HAD to play as a tank or healer to get your weekly done, the queue would be flooded with people who have no idea how to play either. It might actually be an improvement to get a regular DPS player who swapped to tank spec over the usual full mit node clicker, but regularly getting a healer who has absolutely no clue what is going on while the enemy team has somebody who has some understanding of how to heal would be awful.

If they added a large variety of options to complete your weekly rather than forcing you to do certain things, that'd be a much safer bet and I think a huge improvement. 

I agree.

56 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Only issue I see with this is that you'd be forcing ppl into not playing objectives by making dmg or heals their main concern to get their weeklies done. 

Perhaps, but if you're actively engaged in the match you should be doing your primary role anyway and doing dps/heal/prot numbers. Nothing compared to the farmers obviously, but unless you're on one node the whole game and no one comes to it at all or you're afk it's not unreasonable or hard to get some numbers.