Have SWTOR devs listened to any feedback recently?

RACATW

So I've come back to see whats what around here.

From a lore perspective, fun "force powers" to use like freezing force for juggernauts and obfuscate (one of marauders only remaining force powers), were removed. It was also one of the only yellow damage defensives in the entire game. (How many are there? 2 or 3?)

There was no significant reduction in stuns within pvp, the classes people play will always be the ones with stuns and roots on knockback.

Not to mention, the infinite amounts of slow that currently exist (and roots which are effectively stuns to some degree).

I'd argue on the whole, while it had good intentions originally, the scope simply could not be vast enough without removing content that new players and old players liked.

By pruning class abilities, it just makes some classes more FOTM than others.

I'd suggest, consider adding the pruned abilities back with modifications. Make it fun for story players who love force powers, and pvp players who love variety.

But then have the devs actually listened to any feedback lately? That's really what will make or break my subscription. 

Edited by RACATW

• RACATW changed the title to Have SWTOR devs listened to any feedback recently?
2 hours ago, RACATW said:

So I've come back to see whats what around here.

From a lore perspective, fun "force powers" to use like freezing force for juggernauts and obfuscate (one of marauders only remaining force powers), were removed. It was also one of the only yellow damage defensives in the entire game. (How many are there? 2 or 3?)

There was no significant reduction in stuns within pvp, the classes people play will always be the ones with stuns and roots on knockback.

Not to mention, the infinite amounts of slow that currently exist (and roots which are effectively stuns to some degree).

I'd argue on the whole, while it had good intentions originally, the scope simply could not be vast enough without removing content that new players and old players liked.

By pruning class abilities, it just makes some classes more FOTM than others.

I'd suggest, consider adding the pruned abilities back with modifications. Make it fun for story players who love force powers, and pvp players who love variety.

But then have the devs actually listened to any feedback lately? That's really what will make or break my subscription. 

my advice? don't subscribe, the game is in its worst state ever.

i also think most of your points are against subscribing lol

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 11:35 AM, krackcommando said:

the accuracy debuff? 🤔

It was a yellow damage accuracy debuff. However, it was a bit of a meme since stuns could "miss", as they were considered yellow damage.

In fact, it was as unbalanced of a change as the current massive (!) sorcerer buffs. Thankfully, the developers at the time quickly patched it into a 75% DR instead of a 75% accuracy debuff.

Imo, quick (we are talking 2 months which is not really quick), balancing would be quite nice with respect to game breaking buffs.

1 hour ago, RACATW said:

75% accuracy debuff.

The accuracy factor never changed for obfuscate/pacify. It was resist chance for the user, so simply hitting someone else with yellow damage did not affect you negatively. It purely made Marauder more durable and had the potential to flat-out resist anything while giving more emphasis on an ability the majority of the player base never made use of, even though it had many uses prior. The resist variant was absurdly broken while the DR variant was rather good for the duration. 

As for quick, haha. Yeah. 2months would be amazing nowadays. It's been over a year since we have same issues.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beyrahl said:

The accuracy factor never changed for obfuscate/pacify. It was resist chance for the user, so simply hitting someone else with yellow damage did not affect you negatively. It purely made Marauder more durable and had the potential to flat-out resist anything while giving more emphasis on an ability the majority of the player base never made use of, even though it had many uses prior. The resist variant was absurdly broken while the DR variant was rather good for the duration. 

As for quick, haha. Yeah. 2months would be amazing nowadays. It's been over a year since we have same issues.

Since defense and force resist chance relies on accuracy of the attacking player, it was essentially that in my memory (plus the stats could be lying to me, as I never tested it). But pendatically, you're correct

1 hour ago, RACATW said:

pendatically

No amount of accuracy bypassed resist. Was a complete RNG fiesta, Force bound was at least an accuracy debuff but simply put RNG doesn't belong.
When this was at its peak Throwing arm also worked on Daul saber throw/twin saber throw. Talk about a fun experience. 😩

50 minutes ago, Beyrahl said:

No amount of accuracy bypassed resist. Was a complete RNG fiesta, Force bound was at least an accuracy debuff but simply put RNG doesn't belong.
When this was at its peak Throwing arm also worked on Daul saber throw/twin saber throw. Talk about a fun experience. 😩

Fair, I guess the tooltips for accuracy and defense need an update but not surprising its overlooked given the lack of yellow damage defensives and force resist.