PvP Is Fine.... *ready..set..troll me*

darksidenerd

I know - it's a weird Title, one not used in forums.  Instead of QQ-ing I figured I'd jump in a represent the other side. 

- 1.) Some matches my team gets destroyed.
    -1a Thats fine just means I get to que quicker and I get a quick 1 pt. 

-2.) Some matches my team OWNS the other. I love it when a bunch of solos or some solos and duos actually play objectives and win easy.

- 3.) Every class is kill-a-able. It's annoying when a healer/guard combo is staying alive for ages. Hey, at least I get to practice my rotation and then see "1a." 

-4.)  Que times can be a bummer, sometimes. However, will everyone in here raging over not being grouped against premades and the anti grouping culture in forums, you've asked for this. They're coding to avoid what you've been complaining about so..enjoy the longer que.  
-5.) back to point #1. If you CHOOSE to nerd rage over 1 or 2 or even 3 matches against a sold group, then just step away from the que button for 5-10minutes and start again. If you're like me you can CHOOSE to have a good time regardless and still wreck nerds. 

Devs - Thank you for the work you've done and you plan to do in the future. As the adults in the room know, you can't make EVERYONE happy and the majority of the ones in forums sure do like to let you know when they aren't happy.  

Cheers to being happy with PvP. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, darksidenerd said:

Cheers to being happy with PvP. 

they removed more content with 7.0 then they added since I started playing in 4.something

no, pvp seasons aren't content - they are rehashed rewards with same old boring content

even if balancing was good I'm sure I'd still rather play WoW, if they want people like me back they have to add content

faith 0, copium 0, at least we get more cartel stuff which we are generously allowed to buy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

they removed more content with 7.0 then they added since I started playing in 4.something

- rated arenas

+ separate arena and WZ queues

+ new arena map

= kept seasons but...

+ actually run them like seasons with a clear and reasonable beginning, middle, and end.

sorry friend. as far as pvp goes, they definitely added more. was it good? ok. I mean. have at that one. it's BW BS. 😄

I am accused of being in a group all the time, like if I play at all anymore. 
Those are the players I think negatively impact PvP the most. 
If only people didn't cry wolf and immediately give up soon as they face opposition. 

It's silly to say PvP is fine when there are drastic issues gating casuals from getting into it, there are also factors that could be changed without changing the meta or even doing a single class balance change at all. For example, bolster - make it functional and add in augments, even if it's static stats it's better than what we have. Players gearing up for the first time or are too lazy to gear are playing with terrible stat-allocated HP-focused pieces and have low mastery, power, and critical rates resulting in almost no damage output while also being down 50k health due to missing augments. It doesn't put them on an even remotely competitive playing field and even if you are experienced you're still at a large disadvantage. Something quite simple to fix really. 

Edited by Beyrahl
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Beyrahl said:

If only people didn't cry wolf and immediately give up soon as they face opposition. 

I lost more arenas in s1 and s2 because of the trash grps on my team as the good grps on the other team, and I often got good and/or decent grps on both teams more often than anything else. tbf, that was not really my experience in WZs. when I ran into a good grp there was rarely an equally good grp on my team. I think WZ are really and truly F'd. but I thank everyone for playing them b/c it keeps the 4m's out of arenas. 😎

46 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

I lost more arenas in s1 and s2 because of the trash grps on my team as the good grps on the other team, and I often got good and/or decent grps on both teams more often than anything else. tbf, that was not really my experience in WZs. when I ran into a good grp there was rarely an equally good grp on my team. I think WZ are really and truly F'd. but I thank everyone for playing them b/c it keeps the 4m's out of arenas. 😎

The new player experience I would consider, at least for getting into PvP needs to improve. Then players will have a fighting chance to learn something in either 4v4/8v8 that they chose to queue up into. I have seen countless under-geared & simply neglecting to gear players in both modes. Even a specific player whose been in 276 since this expansion dropped and has made no effort to upgrade a single piece of their gear since. I see them in warzones all the time and I always say hey to them. I hope one day I can reach them so they can enjoy their time more, but I honestly haven't made any progress. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beyrahl said:

Even a specific player whose been in 276 since this expansion dropped and has made no effort to upgrade a single piece of their gear since. I see them in warzones all the time and I always say hey to them. I hope one day I can reach them so they can enjoy their time more, but I honestly haven't made any progress. 

Cease. It's not you bro. They simply have no reason to gear. They can complete PvP Seasons with 0 gear, what's the point of putting effort into gearing? 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2023 at 12:58 AM, krackcommando said:

- rated arenas

+ separate arena and WZ queues

+ new arena map

= kept seasons but...

+ actually run them like seasons with a clear and reasonable beginning, middle, and end.

sorry friend. as far as pvp goes, they definitely added more. was it good? ok. I mean. have at that one. it's BW BS. 😄

splitting content isn't making new content, seasons have been removed.

the seasonal thing they have now also doesn't have new things, its old armors from actual seasons and gear that looks like leveling greens.

Removing a gamemode? But we got a MAP. Holy jesus Bioware take my money Please.

All the players quit, arenas isn't a substitude for ranked because it simply isn't ranked, same as my car isn't a ferrari just because it (still) has 4 wheels.

Like what do I do? /stuck vs premades in regs to get rewards I already have? Or do I level the seasonal companion they call content in 15,3s with the level 50 boost which costs like 10m? THERE IS NOTHING TO DO. Yet they remove things, the only thing actually that was enjoyable because it was the only gamemode that people like Cola, Prum, me etc. where actually able to lose.

And then you defend these so called devs, why? "I play the game because of the people, not because of the game", guess what, the people quit and are playing WoW now.

• Like 1

The Dev's obviousely cannot achieve both, so they need to chose one direction and stick to it. Since they cannot, will not or choose not to fix matchmaking or make a true Solo Q, the simple way to fix the hypocrisy of their failed pvp design is to just make it group required content only.

4 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

And then you defend these so called devs, why?

🤔

On 8/18/2023 at 6:58 PM, krackcommando said:

sorry friend. as far as pvp goes, they definitely added more. was it good? ok. I mean. have at that one. it's BW BS.

😉

splitting the queue is definitely adding content. arenas don't pop in a mixed queue that only pops when there aren't enough players to form a WZ. defacto no arenas. now there are arenas on demand.

there are seasons. they are the first consistent seasons in the history of "seasons." and just to reiterate my self-quoted reply: they added more than they took away. was it a net positive? brutha, please. that's like saying it was a net positive when they finally allowed paid transfers just to kill RWZs and create Rated arenas. +2. -1. net loss. welcome to BW. thank you. see U l8r.

edit:

16 hours ago, septru said:

Cease. It's not you bro. They simply have no reason to gear. They can complete PvP Seasons with 0 gear, what's the point of putting effort into gearing? 

there's a good chance they don't know how to gear either. 😄

Edited by krackcommando

It's got to be a hard job right now for the devs with pvp. It's kind of a polarizing subject. I think there were probably several factors that lead to ranked being removed. Pvp population is low for the game as is so most likely even lower in ranked. They clearly couldn't police it either with the cheating. As someone who was cheated out of gold rating in season 9 after putting a lot of effort into the game mode, I can see where they are coming from. I submitted several tickets complaining about the blatant hacking/cheating, and got nowhere. After legit trying to play the mode properly I gave up and didn't touch it again because it was a waste of time to try and play legit when there was so much cheating going on and I wasn't going to put forth any effort into cheesing a rating like I know a large chunk of the rated players did. I know some ppl just enjoyed it but for me to turn into a sweat just to get cheated wasn't worth the time and effort for me. Having said that I never want to lose pvpers from the game and the removal of ranked has in fact made a lot of hardcore pvpers quit so that's clearly bad. 

21 hours ago, septru said:

Agree with this completely. I think we are talking about two completely seperate sets of players right now tho. There is a large contingent of players who are simply there to grind their way through the seasons for the rewards. Those ppl like you said have no incentive. There are however ppl who are interested in pvp who maybe are new and are just getting crushed. That type of person is more willing to learn tho, and will take the time to try and gear and get better. However the casual joining is probably going to be turned off when they get in queue against a team of two heals a tank and 3 or 4 strong dps, if it were a bit more balanced maybe you'd retain some of those players if they enjoyed themselves a bit more. Again tho some ppl need to be able to self evaluate themselves and realize if I learned my class and got better gear I'd enjoy pvp more. 

At the end of the day this isn't a pick up and play game where u join a match and have the same advantages as everyone else. Its a different style game, an mmo where gearing matters. I seriously doubt the devs, who put an emphasis on gearing as content (even tho it shouldn't be), want to allow players to be bolstered to full stats in a wz instance, they want them to spend hours in the game gearing. And it's understandable I don't think you shouldn't have to gear up and still get the benefits of having gear by being bolstered. 

Maybe the issue is just that mmos as a game design are dying off. Bgs in wow are just as bad with ppl not knowing how to play and the pops are dead many times similar to what u see going on in swtor. Swtor pvp might just be a symptom of the bigger issue at hand here. 

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 3:27 PM, darksidenerd said:

. 3.) It's annoying when a healer/guard combo is staying alive for ages. Hey, at least I get to practice my rotation and then see "1a." 

Happy to be of service.

-With love, the tank.

Edited by juanmf
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Samcuu said:

There are however ppl who are interested in pvp who maybe are new and are just getting crushed. That type of person is more willing to learn tho, and will take the time to try and gear and get better. However the casual joining is probably going to be turned off when they get in queue against a team of two heals a tank and 3 or 4 strong dps, if it were a bit more balanced maybe you'd retain some of those players if they enjoyed themselves a bit more.

I think the you're missing the fact that these people too, could benefit from more incentives to improve. Most players are willing to learn, sure. They're willing to gear, and maybe even read a guide or two. But are they willing to join a PvP guild? Are they willing to whisper the person in their warzone "Hey GGs. Wanna pvp together?" Are they willing to learn new classes so that they can learn counters to each class? The obvious answer is no... and the solo casuals that frequently come to the forums asking for a separate premade que is good evidence of this. And the part that drives me crazy is that if you're talking about retaining new players, making friends and grouping up is literally the best way to do it.

At the end of the day, the argument always comes back to competitive pvp game mode. Unless you're willing to lock some kind of reward behind performance, you're going to continue doing new players a disservice. New players may want to get better, but in the end it always comes down to effort vs reward.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, septru said:

I think the you're missing the fact that these people too, could benefit from more incentives to improve. Most players are willing to learn, sure. They're willing to gear, and maybe even read a guide or two. But are they willing to join a PvP guild? Are they willing to whisper the person in their warzone "Hey GGs. Wanna pvp together?" Are they willing to learn new classes so that they can learn counters to each class? The obvious answer is no... and the solo casuals that frequently come to the forums asking for a separate premade que is good evidence of this. And the part that drives me crazy is that if you're talking about retaining new players, making friends and grouping up is literally the best way to do it.

At the end of the day, the argument always comes back to competitive pvp game mode. Unless you're willing to lock some kind of reward behind performance, you're going to continue doing new players a disservice. New players may want to get better, but in the end it always comes down to effort vs reward.

Invite me to your guild.  I will be rusty, but I will get back into the game right now (after work).  I will be awful, and do not expect to group with the best players, but a group of people to play with would be great.  

Have not played in months, but if your guild is willing to invite, I am game.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2023 at 10:59 AM, Sappharan said:

Invite me to your guild.  I will be rusty, but I will get back into the game right now (after work).  I will be awful, and do not expect to group with the best players, but a group of people to play with would be great.  

Have not played in months, but if your guild is willing to invite, I am game.

I quit my guild last week bc of inactivity. I'm looking for a new PvP guild on SF if anyone has any recommendations.

I'm fine playing w new PvPers, in fact I often prefer it because they have less of an ego. Hit me up if you ever see me online. All of my toons are named prum. You can also add me on twitch, twitch.tv/theprum to see when I stream. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, Beyrahl said:

Facts. It starts out that I'm in a premade and it's the only way I win. When they find out I'm solo queueing it turns into me hacking somehow. When they can't prove I'm hacking it turns into exploiting the maps. These are same losers that we all know irl that never got a real job and always complain on their socials that the world is against them. They've learned that they can abuse this mentality in a video game to bully and harass anyone with zero consequences. But the ranked players are the toxic ones lmao

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, septru said:

I quit my guild last week bc of inactivity. I'm looking for a new PvP guild on SF if anyone has any recommendations.

I'm fine playing w new PvPers, in fact I often prefer it because they have less of an ego. Hit me up if you ever see me online. All of my toons are named prum. You can also add me on twitch, twitch.tv/theprum to see when I stream. 

Props.  Thank you.  Will check.  Peace.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, septru said:

I

I've come to terms that there will never be a time where pvp guilds are a thing. Back before 5.0 was a great time but the game has forced them all out. Only pvp guild left on sf that regularily queues is no idea and those guys have the personalities of  early 2000's tv high school bullies that don't like the exchange student.

Edited by Prapcaster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Prapcaster said:

I've come to terms that there will never be a time where pvp guilds are a thing.

Oh ya. By "pvp guild" I meant 3-4 guys that hop on maybe 1 or 2 times a week. 

Tells you something though, that with expectations that low, I still can't find an "active" PvP guild. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prapcaster said:

I've come to terms that there will never be a time where pvp guilds are a thing. Back before 5.0 was a great time but the game has forced them all out. Only pvp guild left on sf that regularily queues is no idea and those guys have the personalities of  early 2000's tv high school bullies that don't like the exchange student.

The last line got me.

There were quite a few in 6.X era, we just mostly kept to ourselves or held events with other guilds who we knew weren't toxic. Was a good community of 5-6 unaffiliated guilds who would set times so people knew when to play Ranked, etc.

But it like most things in this game were gatekept, not out of arrogance, but simply to keep the community safe from toxicity due to lack of moderation or support from Devs. 

On 8/24/2023 at 7:26 AM, Prapcaster said:

Only pvp guild left on sf that regularily queues is no idea and those guys have the personalities of  early 2000's tv high school bullies that don't like the exchange student.

Sik burn lol. You kid but doesn't it at least spice things up a bit for a game mode that desperately needs some seasoning?? 

Edited by Samcuu

6 hours ago, Samcuu said:

Sik burn lol. You kid but doesn't it at least spice things up a bit for a game mode that desperately needs some seasoning?? 

Not really. They're just harrassing and farming people who can't put up a fight and get farmed whenever an actual comp is formed. Quite the good group of players that kick a wounded dog when it's down. I'm sure most people know who I'm talking about but the person in that guild who is the biggest offender was dogwater for years and couldn't even crack bronze lmao. Also he was on the forums for months after crying that premades are unfair and now it's all he does.

Edit: Also thhought I'd mention the fact that they had a member that was catfishing guys into sending him money, paying his sub and had them buy a new pc for him.

Edited by Prapcaster
  • Haha 1