PvP is terrible

eThuggz

So I hit 80 new/existing player. Looking to get into PvP. btw <Glad> here back in 2011 on WoW where it actually meant something, and let me tell you. THE PVP IS BAD. You have kneckbeards that havent had to swap out a piece of gear for 10 years because, well because the game is dead. They gave up along time ago. So i went to some videos to look at some some streamers maybe and their takes on gearing for this so you dont get 2 shot and feel like you are hitting with a stick. Nah no videos on that just PVE "WORK AROUNDS" to manipulate the broken mechanics of the game. Red Flag. then i started looking into peoples matches...LMAO 1k views each, another Red Flag. This game is far from competitive and for new players its a bad experience. You have 339's in regular warzones because "THEY" dont even want to do arenas lmao games broke and im pretty sure the company knows. I just feel bad for the players who got really good for nothing, no views, no money, no nothing. just full of broken dreams. GGs though the story was really good and worth the 15 bucks !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, eThuggz said:

So I hit 80 new/existing player. Looking to get into PvP. btw <Glad> here back in 2011 on WoW where it actually meant something, and let me tell you. THE PVP IS BAD. You have kneckbeards that havent had to swap out a piece of gear for 10 years because, well because the game is dead. They gave up along time ago. So i went to some videos to look at some some streamers maybe and their takes on gearing for this so you dont get 2 shot and feel like you are hitting with a stick. Nah no videos on that just PVE "WORK AROUNDS" to manipulate the broken mechanics of the game. Red Flag. then i started looking into peoples matches...LMAO 1k views each, another Red Flag. This game is far from competitive and for new players its a bad experience. You have 339's in regular warzones because "THEY" dont even want to do arenas lmao games broke and im pretty sure the company knows. I just feel bad for the players who got really good for nothing, no views, no money, no nothing. just full of broken dreams. GGs though the story was really good and worth the 15 bucks !

This is a long run on sentence and difficult to follow but I'll try. So ur saying ppl haven't had to swap out gear for 10 years in swtor? Thats not true. And what do u even mean by pve workarounds? I can't disagree with you there aren't a ton of instructional pvp videos on swtor but in all honesty that's where ppl rely on the player base to help out. Stat priorities and gearing matters a lot so if you have any questions you can always dm me and I can give u some pointers for whatever class ur playing. I've helped a lot of ppl in game and you'll see a massive difference when geared properly. 

Btw I don't see a correlation between a game being fun and the views it gets on YouTube, imo those aren't mutually exclusive. If you like tab target trinity style mmo pvp then swtor is plenty fun. That might be a dwindling group of ppl these days tho...

339 gear in reg warzones is inconsequential because the stats get scaled down to 332 regardless. What does it have to do with arenas, I'm sorry man I'm lost and can't make much sense of this post lol. 

Finally, if someone put enough time to git guud in this game they must enjoy it. So no need to feel sorry. I'd assume most ppl play because they have fun doing so. If ur playing for online engagement or clout only, that defeats the purpose imo, probably playing for the wrong reasons if that's necessary to you. This to me is like saying a movie is objectively bad....

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

339 gear in reg warzones is inconsequential because the stats get scaled down to 332 regardless. What does it have to do with arenas, I'm sorry man I'm lost and can't make much sense of this post lol. 

that's so nebulous though. 339 in a pvp instance has a ton of HP. I haven't itemized the stats (I only have 332), but I'm told that's balanced by tertiary stats or w/e. that's such a horrible way to "scale down." let's assume the same augs and mod/enh/armoring choices. wth isn't 339 exactly the same as 332? and of course when someone comes in and sees 339 with 430k hp, they're going to whine and complain that the other person out gears them and game isn't fair. how do you even respond to that? the mathematical equations (and mental gymnastics) required to explain away those glaring differences are so elaborate and unnecessary, I want to beat up grass. just change the 339 itemization to equivalent 332. oye!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

that's so nebulous though. 339 in a pvp instance has a ton of HP. I haven't itemized the stats (I only have 332), but I'm told that's balanced by tertiary stats or w/e. that's such a horrible way to "scale down." let's assume the same augs and mod/enh/armoring choices. wth isn't 339 exactly the same as 332? and of course when someone comes in and sees 339 with 430k hp, they're going to whine and complain that the other person out gears them and game isn't fair. how do you even respond to that? the mathematical equations (and mental gymnastics) required to explain away those glaring differences are so elaborate and unnecessary, I want to beat up grass. just change the 339 itemization to equivalent 332. oye!

I've tested it, you lose power and mastery when ur gear is anything over 332 rating. I guess if ur a full mit tank it's an advantage. If ur a dps or healing class you'd be stupid to actually gear that way. I assume that the ppl who go into wzs with that gear on are pve'ers who are too lazy to swap to 332 and don't have multiple sets of gold augs, which is understandable. And to ppl who aren't familiar with swtor pvp u see 339 gear and automatically think ur at a disadvantage, which isn't true but again I understand why they might think that.

At the end of the day you are basically arguing about the optics which has a value I guess, cuz it does give off the wrong impression. To me tho I think the bigger issue is gaming nowadays overall is just getting too watered down. Aren't mmos supposed to be a little more advanced than a pick up and play fps for example? There's always been a steep learning curve, if u don't wanna put in the time in an mmo it's not gonna be fun lol. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Aren't mmos supposed to be a little more advanced than a pick up and play fps for example? There's always been a steep learning curve, if u don't wanna put in the time in an mmo it's not gonna be fun lol.

asking that 339 be properly scaled down to 332 is nothing of the sort as picking up a and playing an fps...for example. right now, it's nerfed but altered in a way that makes it less potent but more long lived. not the same thing. iunno. not at all the worst thing about pvp atm. but just a rat's nest that shouldn't exist.

Edited by krackcommando

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 6:57 PM, Zunayson said:

it's true this game is full of nobodies and nobody watches it, but i pity any pvpers who play in order to get views and clout. Don't those people play fortnite or something?

they play WoW now.

I'd like you the prices for their acconts but I'd get banned - again

actually I saw nike play some weird weeb game so maybe NA gamers are there now

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think it is enough to say that it is bad. The real question is why.  What do you want in PVP? A challenging game. One that could go either way.  As an average player I would hope to win close to what I lose and that is what I tend to see 45% to 55% wins.

The problem as I see it is that the 8X8 games is that they appear more often lopsided. Damage is often 2 to 1 in favor of he winning side. Kills are sometimes 10-1.  Rarely does the challenged team get a victory simply because the other team in not interested at all in objectives. I have seen huttball matches with 6 people in the dead box. 

This is partly I suspect due to the manner in which the teams are selected.  I do not know which metrics they follow in balancing teams but it seems this is the number issue.

What I would suggest in huttball is consider automatic release on a score by the other team and shorter release time when half the team is in the dead box.  Shorter release time for when a team is losing by 3 or more scores,  I am not sure doing the reverse to higher scoring team would be less acceptable to players. There is also a problem with teams effectively stuffing the end zone.  I would suggest have a time limit a player without the ball can be engaged in combat in the opposing teams extended goal area.  

While balancing the teams better is the most important item, I think there are ways to consider helping the balance game.

I rather see suggestions made to improve the games rather than just complaints.

49 minutes ago, kjarnage said:

I would suggest have a time limit a player without the ball can be engaged in combat in the opposing teams extended goal area.

That's not going to help at all. If it's a team that's kill farming then they can all camp the ball and either pass it between themselves or not even pick it up and just global anyone who comes close. If you're talking about stealthers camping endzone to be passed to; that only works when their team can effectively control the ball spawn anyway. Don't have to worry about them when no one on their team can even get the ball to pass to them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 1:42 AM, eThuggz said:

I just feel bad for the players who got really good for nothing, no views, no money, no nothing. just full of broken dreams

Oh im kinda one of those players :D Dont worry, dont feel bad for those players, i can only speak fo myself, but i love this game and i got good or not so bad, because i love playing the game, and having fun(mostly) not because i want views or money or whatever, actually i invested quite much money to be able to publish videos on YT. I dont think any of the SWTOR pvp content creators do it for money and fame :D. PPL love playing and play games, because of that. I think everyone is happy til we can play the game and the servers are online and we can enjoy our hobby, because SWTOR is a game, a hobby, not a job, actually a pretty fun hobby in todays world, where every game is singleplayer or if multiplayer its super simple, dumb, straighforward, and want ppl to dont think at all.

So SWTOR is still so much better than popular no brainer games, i mean current 7.0 SWTOR is dumbed down to the ground, but still more complex and better game than most of the games out there.  But yeah if you dont like it, dont play it, simple as that. I m not sure what you wanted to tell with this post, its pretty hard to follow, but yeah, i guess nice first post my friend!