7.4 story when?

Trlance

7.4 story, (maybe even 8.0 ?), big like Showdown on Ruhnuk, this year i hope?

In recent years, we have received one major story expansion once every six months. Old wounds in June, Ruhnuk last December. Is there still a chance that there will be something else for Christmas this year? Any bioware update please? I would like to know what should I be prepared for, every year in December I left myself stories to play it for the whole 2 months.

I will be grateful for any information.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

5 minutes ago, Trlance said:

7.4 story, (maybe even 8.0 ?), big like Showdown on Ruhnuk, this year i hope?

In recent years, we have received one major story expansion once every six months. Old wounds in June, Ruhnuk last December. Is there still a chance that there will be something else for Christmas this year? Any bioware update please? I would like to know what should I be prepared for, every year in December I left myself stories to play it for the whole 2 months.

I will be grateful for any information.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

'Major' is a strong word to refer to story updates in 7.X

Now, my guess is that 7.4 should be out as early as October, probably November and at worst in December were they will pull their usual 'realease with 200 new bugs and go on a vacation'. Later than december would be (imo) a disaster for a team that is supose to work better now that BW is not brething behind them all the time.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balameb said:

'Major' is a strong word to refer to story updates in 7.X

Now, my guess is that 7.4 should be out as early as October, probably November and at worst in December were they will pull their usual 'realease with 200 new bugs and go on a vacation'. Later than december would be (imo) a disaster for a team that is supose to work better now that BW is not brething behind them all the time.

I also think that later than December should not occur, especially after these changes this year that have taken place. So it looks very promising.

2 years ago i said would be nice to give us new story because i have nothing to play on december, nothing .. legacy of the sith - february. Year ago i said i don't need Ruhnuk because my client was a mess and i don't want more trouble .. you gave us it to all and thankfully i had no issues. Don't dissapoint me this year please .. i would like to see 7.4 before december this year. For once listen to me ..

Keith, in a fairly recent post, said 7.4 would come as we enter the holiday season so the plan is for sometime this year. Of course, unexpected things can occur that might delay the update, but I think it's quite reasonable to expect you'll have more story to play by December.

• Like 1

Sometimes you can find the answer by paying attention to dev posts.  As someone else already stated, plans can change but 7.4 is planned for year end holidays as of last month.

You can expect 7.3.1 towards the end of the summer, with the story continuing in 7.4 on its heels as we enter the holidays.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/930077-follow-up-on-swtor-development-update/#comment-9766042

What would I LIKE to see?
** Size of 7.4 ... I agree with OP .. the size of Showdown on Ruhnuk or perhaps even larger.  (Plus new OPs / Daily stuff / Heroics ... etc  (yeah .. kind of the whole package).
** Between now and 7.4 probably a new GS with all new rewards / decos / and a fully customizable companion of our choosing

What to expect?
** Size of 7.4 ... possibly the size of Showdown.  The rest I'm not so sure about.
** New GS ... cut and paste of previous GS (and rewards that are the same as previously encountered in GS).  In short very little change in overall format.  (Man I wish I were wrong on this one).

What we'll probably get? 
I'm not so sure I really want to go there right now (truthfully).  Account is still screwed up.  Sub is about up (couple more weeks).  And frankly I haven't made up my mind just yet!  It's not about the money!  (I've been reviewing a lot of stuff from the ICAST meeting and there are several items that have my attention!  Looking forward to December to purchase 3 or 4 new rods / reels; a new MFL scale/ a few jerk baits / a few soft stick baits ...

OH .. back to topic ... (sorry)

I hope that OP gets their wish!

6 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

I disagree, SWTOR usually does a massive update before Christmas and New Years, but with Broadsword taking over, the break might be different. Who knows. I think we can expect at least a push before the winter.

How do you meassure 'massive'? What are you comparing it to consider a 'chapter like' long story and a daily area as massive?

I'm not disputing about if someone likes it or not. But 'massive' is not a word i would use to describe a SWTOR update in many many years.

And PLEASE, start using quotes. This forum offers multiple easy ways to let everyone know who you are responding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Balameb said:

How do you meassure 'massive'? What are you comparing it to consider a 'chapter like' long story and a daily area as massive?

I'm not disputing about if someone likes it or not. But 'massive' is not a word i would use to describe a SWTOR update in many many years.

And PLEASE, start using quotes. This forum offers multiple easy ways to let everyone know who you are responding.

I wasn't responding to a specific person that's why I didn't quote! Why do you insist that I must be responding to a specific person. Now, to answer your question. What I meant by Massive is an Event (usually Feast of Prosperity) a story update, and/or a new FP or daily.

4 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

I wasn't responding to a specific person that's why I didn't quote! Why do you insist that I must be responding to a specific person. Now, to answer your question. What I meant by Massive is an Event (usually Feast of Prosperity) a story update, and/or a new FP or daily.

There are different persons saying different things and you start with "I disagree", sorry but that is answering to at least someone. 

And what you consider massive and what i consider massive are very different things.

Honestly, I would be happy if they worked on optimizing how the game runs. Some areas are just fps drop traps (looking at you Umbara train to name one). The game is just poorly optimized and I would be happy in playing it without my computer going into nuclear meltdown. 

Well at this point doubt BW can give an accurate answer to that at present. The change of studios may alter there plans to some degree (speculation on my part) BW have a plan as mentioned in tracker, , but won't give an exact date, as a missed deadline is not helpful.  

I am looking forward to it. I have my thoughts were the story is going and in the past i have been right around 50%.  of the 50% that i guessed rightly, may still increase as some plot threads that I though may go in a certain direction may still do so. However the longer the  time with more story already out, seems less likely now.  On the plus side if it was 100% predictable, it would not be as fun. 

I would expect some new story this year, but how much? would not like to say.

However I am still working on so many of my level 75 characters, to get to 80. I still have plenty to do. Not to mention all the others still as low as level 1 (new characters) onwards to 80 across all the servers. 

Edited by KoriVash

No launch buttons please.

I stand today in defiance of the launch button.

Just don't do it. Just delete it. How hard can it be.

I want to TRAVEL to the quest marker at least the first time. Yeah, quick travel after that point is fine of course, but the first time we trigger the new story, we should shuttle and walk/mount over there to the quest giver or whatever.

You can do it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Addictress said:

I want to TRAVEL to the quest marker at least the first time. Yeah, quick travel after that point is fine of course, but the first time we trigger the new story, we should shuttle and walk/mount over there to the quest giver or whatever.

You can do it.

Then maybe just travel there?

I don't have a problem with launch buttons. But it would be nice to always have an 'intro' scene to give more context. Manaan was like...here i'm, no one called/asked me anything but i'm just in the middle of someone else mess.

On 7/27/2023 at 2:00 AM, Addictress said:

You can do it.

I prefer the launch button for new story updates. 

The game is different than during the launch era, or more broadly the 1.0-3.x era, after which story chapters started and the launch button was introduced.

You, as an individual player, certainly have the ability to still 'travel' to get to the location of new content. Taking the launch button away from everyone else is selfish beyond reason. 

In general, the galaxy map has largely replaced class ships, in terms of traveling from location to location. The latter is basically only still relevent for origin stories, with a few exceptions. 

Edited by arunav
  • Like 1

As long as I don't have to cough up credits to get there, I'm fine with traveling and not Launching.

If I have to pay, in NJersey speech, "fuhgitaboutit."

"No pay for QuickTravel without Representation. "  - Balmorran Revolutionary Council = dumping tea in a spacedock near you!

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2023 at 2:54 PM, arunav said:

I prefer the launch button for new story updates. 

The game is different than during the launch era, or more broadly the 1.0-3.x era, after which story chapters started and the launch button was introduced.

You, as an individual player, certainly have the ability to still 'travel' to get to the location of new content. Taking the launch button away from everyone else is selfish beyond reason. 

In general, the galaxy map has largely replaced class ships, in terms of traveling from location to location. The latter is basically only still relevent for origin stories, with a few exceptions. 

I still enjoy my class ships, especially the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter ships. I kinda wish they'd integrate them into the newer cutscenes. That said, I'd really like to see class exclusive content return.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kingola said:

I still enjoy my class ships, especially the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter ships. I kinda wish they'd integrate them into the newer cutscenes. That said, I'd really like to see class exclusive content return.

Absolutely. I don't know anyone who would argue against that.

• Like 2