Achievements for PVP and Czerka Toy

merovejec

OK, here comes my rant. So if you dont like it dont read.

I have been in this game since day 1, many like me left a long time ago, so should treassure that at least a bit. I have been collecting achievements since they have been added to the game, but what we have now is just stupid. Why make achievements like the PVP wins or the Czerka toy? One of them is based completely on RNG that occurs every 3 weeks! The other is a pain in the  a** becuase you are forced into content which you might not like and even have to win! That win is based on a massive amount of luck since you are depending on your random team which is in an environment that is full of premades that run against you.

Its just doesnt make reasonable sence. It totally makes people like me quit the game as achievements are the only thing keeping me here. So if you Bioware, Broadsword or whomever bring something like this again i really wont be doing it anymore.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 10:24 PM, merovejec said:

Why make achievements like the PVP wins or the Czerka toy? One of them is based completely on RNG that occurs every 3 weeks! The other is a pain in the  a** becuase you are forced into content which you might not like and even have to win! That win is based on a massive amount of luck since you are depending on your random team which is in an environment that is full of premades that run against you.

Well, following your logic ("forced into content") the following chievos would likewise have to be removed:
a) Operations (at least HC/Vet and Nim/MM), although you do not care about them since you bought them;
b) Mastermode FPs, at least for the more difficult FPs;
c) Companions (because one is forced to play classes they do not want to play), since several companions are not available to each class in spite of KOTFE/KOTET etc. (e.g., Tanno Vik, Nadia Grell, Doc, Mako, Akaavi, etc.);
d) Galactic Starfighter (GSF);
e) Space Missions;
f) Master Mode Uprisings;
etc.

Strictly speaking, when bringing matters to a head, all chievos would need to be removed, because one does not like story, the next does not like dailies, doing 1800 swoop races and so on...

In any case, "random team" in PvP is easily avoided when listing 8-people premade for WZ (or 4 for Arena). In this regard, according to rumors, OP chievos can still be bought on Darth Malgus (and possibly the US servers). I'm sure you can pay people for carrying you through PvP as well.

Or farm PvP chievos on Star Forge. I'm sure there are many good premade groups on this server, but I rarely encountered them when listing solo or we had a similar premade on our team. At least not until March this year, haven't listed since then.

• Like 1

Well i don´t get behind the "I´m forced into content" aswell.

If anything we should get a chance to do older content / seasons / events more frequently to get those achievements done as newcomer / returner.

And for PvP... i wouldn´t care much about wins. They´re just a matter of time unless you afk. Way worse are those "kill 20 players in one match X times" achievements, because the surviveability in PvP is just too insane. There might be still runs with 20+ or even 30+ kills, but since you´ve to get the killshot... Same counts for the open world PvP achievements, because we all know how many poeple run around in the PvP area right?!

Those needs to be retweaked to 10 killshots per run / 20 assists and open world should be tuned down to 10 kill max for the last achievement, not 500. Otherwise Broadsword should get ride of them, because they´re not really doable without boosting.

I don't mind the pvp achievements, I know I won't get them because I'm not even playing pvp atm, it's a choice I've made because my sanity is more valuable than pvp achievements.

However I do mind the Czerka toy achievement, because it's not a proper achievement: it's based on luck. Achievements should be doable by playing certain content, grinding stuff and so on. It should not be RNG. I also don't like the other "cheevos" they've added recently, such as the wookie hugging event where some people had to start over while other people only had to do them once. What a way to piss off part of the playerbase again. Or achievements that have been bugged from the beginning. There's been a lot of those lately too.

Regarding Czerka toy: by doing the login rewards on multiple servers you multiply your chances to get it. Once you have it on one server, you can transfer the character to another server and it should update the achievements.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:06 PM, Shayddow said:

Can you explain how to get the Czerka toy every 3 weeks? From where? 

You didnt understand, the crate you can get the toy from comes every 3 weeks.

Edited by merovejec

On 7/13/2023 at 8:22 AM, The_Hightower said:

Strictly speaking, when bringing matters to a head, all chievos would need to be removed, because one does not like story, the next does not like dailies, doing 1800 swoop races and so on...

In any case, "random team" in PvP is easily avoided when listing 8-people premade for WZ (or 4 for Arena). In this regard, according to rumors, OP chievos can still be bought on Darth Malgus (and possibly the US servers). I'm sure you can pay people for carrying you through PvP as well.

Well Ok, I see your point, but there still is a difference between the other achievements.

For example the stuff you mentioned is one-time achievements. When you beat the operation bosses on MM you are done, its a question of minutes or hours to get it done. Space missions take even less. The only difference could be GSF, thats true, this could be also in this category with the differnce that the newest PVP achievements need WINS.

Paying people to carry you through a boss which is done in 15 min is different than paying them to carry you through 800 warzone wins. Thats really crazy and even hard to organise. With GSF I was done pretty fast doing just that but with PVP I am struggling since it came out and that was december last year. I wont be finishing this year probably.

5 minutes ago, merovejec said:

Sadly you are wrong. The toy drops from the Czerka Care Package, which drops every 3 weeks.

No it doesn’t.  It’s every 4 weeks.  The Czerka Care Package doesn’t show up every three weeks it is the reward at the end of the third week of each four week calendar. 

Edited by Darcmoon
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jahhdo said:

Or.... separate all achievements into PVE, PVP, GSF, ...

So each can decide what path to complete. 

Well that depends. Some time ago i read someone write the idea, maybe it came from WoW, that you just get points and you put them into the achievements. So like if you are unable to do ops achieveemnts you do something else for that and fill in the points.

If you seperate it then u never get 100% at some point, this way you would.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 4:45 PM, merovejec said:

Well that depends. Some time ago i read someone write the idea, maybe it came from WoW, that you just get points and you put them into the achievements. So like if you are unable to do ops achieveemnts you do something else for that and fill in the points.

If you seperate it then u never get 100% at some point, this way you would.

That's also an option, but then you take out the fun of doing some really specific achievements. The hard chievos will never be done anymore then. For example I would love my list of compagnions complete, or flashpoints. The PVP can stay open for all i care. At least I can have some peace in my mind then lol.