The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

mount ability to fly.

celestial flight. ability to mount up and fly. reach those mountain tops. Mandalorians had flying jetpacks, jedis had fighter jets. fly.  those this could draw many more to playing so many future options

Edited by redsectorbel

4 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

No. Reason being is that it would allow you to circumvent intentional borders and let you go to places you are not supposed to.

To say nothing of being able to do what the aerial mounts (loosely speaking aerial, of course) in GW2 allow you to do: scoot across the map without having to fight enemies (er, because you're flying above them...).

• Like 1

While I think it could be interesting to have, this isn't WoW and such a thing isn't needed in SWTOR. I would rather they give us actual areas we could zip around in outside of the Star Fox mode space combat and especially Starfighter because just eww starfighter. If one wishes to zoom about in various types of vehicles there are other star wars games for this. 

On 6/23/2023 at 1:16 PM, TonyTricicolo said:

No. Reason being is that it would allow you to circumvent intentional borders and let you go to places you are not supposed to.

I don't think flying is needed in this game, but I also do not find this to be a valid argument as those areas can be shored up if such a flying feature were to be introduced. 

22 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

To say nothing of being able to do what the aerial mounts (loosely speaking aerial, of course) in GW2 allow you to do: scoot across the map without having to fight enemies (er, because you're flying above them...).

As I said to the other guy, I don't think flying is needed in this game, but in a game like this I don't find this a compelling argument against flying either. People already skip mobs they don't want to fight as is. Usually by stealth and CC or dodging aggro ranges. By the logic of this argument we may as well remove stealth and various CCs from the game since they too allow people to move around without fighting mobs. 

• 3 weeks later...

Probably won't. Because those "fade to black" moments in Rishi Travel? That's because there IS no scenery in-between. There is only the vacuum of cold space.  At least when they built Tatooine they filled in the Exhaustion zones with Scenery.

Flying around in space manually? Yes!

Flying around on planets? Please not. So many fantasy MMO´s did that and it´s more negative to the games than anything else. Even if poeple say it´s "QoL", the whole environment is going to be soulless, questing will become a joke and unlocking flying everywhere will become a chore.
No matter if the engine can handle it or not, it´s really the last thing needed in SWTOR.

We´ve ports for heroics, can use our flagship to do so and are able to jump between housing and planets. I guess that´s more than enough QoL.