Secondary Combat Style Change/Reset

Nipn

Like most SWTOR players, I have a main toon and very much prefer to play on my one character most of the time as I have accomplished/unlocked a lot on them. Being able to switch our secondary combat styles in the Cartel Market with cartel coins should be an option in my opinion. I know many people feel the same way and making the secondary style fully permanent does not go with the trend of what I know SWTOR to be. We have character renames, guild renames, legacy renames, character server transfers, equipment authorizations, etc. All to give players the freedom to play/enjoy the game the way we want, and I believe with the state of the game, we should be given that freedom for our combat styles.

A simple Cartel Market token of some sort, with in-line pricing of the other character specific changes, would be very appropriate and make a lot of players happy!

An alternative is to give each character a one-time change of their secondary combat style, although I believe the first approach to be more fitting for the game.

Thanks for the read and your time!   :ph_cheers::jawa_angel:

• Like 7

It would be very much appreciated. I know originally the former Design Director, Chris Schmidt, stated they wouldn't be able to do that initially but he hinted at the idea they could add a way to change your secondary combat style later. 

• Like 3

if they wanted this to be a point of further customization or monetization, I see no logical reason why they would have excluded it from the initial release

just a reminder that advanced class choices were a single, permanent, nonrevokable decision for the entire span of the game from launch to 7.0 too; and an advanced class change token would have probably been extremely easy to implement because all it would be looking at was conditional binaries

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 6:20 PM, Nipn said:

Like most SWTOR players, I have a main toon and very much prefer to play on my one character most of the time as I have accomplished/unlocked a lot on them. Being able to switch our secondary combat styles in the Cartel Market with cartel coins should be an option in my opinion. I know many people feel the same way and making the secondary style fully permanent does not go with the trend of what I know SWTOR to be. We have character renames, guild renames, legacy renames, character server transfers, equipment authorizations, etc. All to give players the freedom to play/enjoy the game the way we want, and I believe with the state of the game, we should be given that freedom for our combat styles.

A simple Cartel Market token of some sort, with in-line pricing of the other character specific changes, would be very appropriate and make a lot of players happy!

An alternative is to give each character a one-time change of their secondary combat style, although I believe the first approach to be more fitting for the game.

is there a way to up vote this?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 1:20 AM, Nipn said:

Suggestion Box Now! You will find a lot of consensus 

• Like 1