What do different color AOE circles mean?

This probably sounds dumb but I don't completely understand what each color means in AOE circles.  Obviously red is don't stand there you'll get hurt.  Green is healing so jump in to get some heals.  But what about purple?  Or when crosses cover the ground, how do I know to stay inside the space or get out?  White is another one that I've come across and knew because I was told ahead to get away from the group, which I did, but was the white color to indicate something unique?  I've tried searching google and YouTube and there don't seem to be any guides just explaining how AOE works and positioning in PVE content.  

The colors don't make much sense, but in general, stay out of them unless someone who knows the fight tells you to step into it (like with Operator in TfB).

For example Steve mentioned orange being a no-no in Copero. However it's also marking a safe zone in Landing Party uprising in one boss fight. It also has a visible shield around it, but it's still a big orange circle I wouldn't normally aim to run into. My best guess is, the colors depend on who designed the fight.

9 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

For example Steve mentioned orange being a no-no in Copero.

No, that was light blue.  The yellow-orange was something I first saw in the boss fight in KotFE Chapter XVI.  (If you know the chapter, you know the fight.  If you don't know it, I won't spoil it by revealing who the boss was.)

11 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

No, that was light blue.  The yellow-orange was something I first saw in the boss fight in KotFE Chapter XVI.  (If you know the chapter, you know the fight.  If you don't know it, I won't spoil it by revealing who the boss was.)

My bad, I misread your post. 👍