2026 will have two Star Wars movies.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll hold judgement until I see it. I like Daisy Ridley and she didn't deserve some of the hate she got. People tend to conflate actors to the roles they play. Yes, Rey was a Mary Sue and the premise of her deserved the hate, not the actor. People did the same to Hayden Christensen. The dude was a chill guy just playing a role and didn't deserve the hate he got either. Does that forgive a lousy movie? Absolutely not. However, time and separation does weird things to the human mind. When the prequels came out I just couldn't stomach them. 10 years later, I rewatched them and actually really liked them. Now I consider Revenge of the Sith to be the best in the series. Who knows? Maybe in ten, twenty years the sequel trilogy will be somewhat watchable. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Who knows? Maybe in ten, twenty years the sequel trilogy will be somewhat watchable. 

I doubt that highly. The Prequels had soul, the sequels are corporate trash. They haven't aged well until now and will age even worse if you give them 20 more years.

• Haha 1

I have mixed feelings about the Sequels, On one side, I enjoy the idea of it and it would have been amazing for the characters to reach their full potential, yet I also feel like they were wasted and that Disney just wanted to capitalize on the Star Wars brand and didn't put the thought or effort into it like George did, so by sending off the sequels they lost more OG Star Wars lovers and gained ones that think that's the normal, while I think that Daisy Ridley and everyone else did a great job and tried their hardest and didn't deserve all the hate, they just had wasted potential. Even George Lucas hates the Sequels, so I'm not sure what to think.

(Also, there are rumors that there may be another three movies coming into very early production to try and fix the Sequels, yet you didn't hear it from me) 

Edited by EanothBoba
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Weren't they saying the reason Solo failed was because they released too many Star Wars movies in a short time? Why would they think it has changed now?

To me the biggest problem with the sequel trilogy was the story not connecting well. They should have sat down and wrote out the whole trilogy in the beginning, then made the movies based on that with small story tweaks as needed. Instead, each movie was written independently and somehow had to fit with the previous movie. It was stupid to think independently written movies would fit together as a trilogy. Hopefully, they aren't making that mistake again with the second sequel trilogy.

I think a second Star Wars movie could work if it was different enough. A Revan/Old Republic might have enough interest or an animated movie like Clone Wars.

On 11/8/2023 at 9:52 PM, ThanderSnB said:

Weren't they saying the reason Solo failed was because they released too many Star Wars movies in a short time?

In and of itself, isolated from all Star Wars lore that came before it, it wasn't a bad film at all, even in the context of all those releases.  The problem (for me) wasn't that context, but the weird conflict with the previous lore of the SW universe and the film, especially the fact that the young Lij Tafari Makonnen(1) (er, oops, someone whose initials are LC) turned out to

Spoiler

cheat at cards

which was (for me and certain others who post(ed) here) a major disappointment.

(1) You might be more familiar with this person by his better-known identity of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Elect of God.

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

In and of itself, isolated from all Star Wars lore that came before it, it wasn't a bad film at all, even in the context of all those releases.  The problem (for me) wasn't that context, but the weird conflict with the previous lore of the SW universe and the film, especially the fact that the young Lij Tafari Makonnen(1) (er, oops, someone whose initials are LC) turned out to

Reveal hidden contents

cheat at cards

which was (for me and certain others who post(ed) here) a major disappointment.

(1) You might be more familiar with this person by his better-known identity of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Elect of God.

I enjoyed it too. It didn't blow me away, but I did have a good time. I also read the book and think the extra material there (without the cuts they had to make for the film) improved the story.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 6:34 PM, Uwel said:

Eww, thanks, but no thanks. 

Can't we just erase the last 3 movie from existence?

If anything, way back in 2012 I already said that Disney will eventually remake the PT and OT. Disney is trying to make SW its own, and it will remake the OT at some point.