2026 will have two Star Wars movies.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll hold judgement until I see it. I like Daisy Ridley and she didn't deserve some of the hate she got. People tend to conflate actors to the roles they play. Yes, Rey was a Mary Sue and the premise of her deserved the hate, not the actor. People did the same to Hayden Christensen. The dude was a chill guy just playing a role and didn't deserve the hate he got either. Does that forgive a lousy movie? Absolutely not. However, time and separation does weird things to the human mind. When the prequels came out I just couldn't stomach them. 10 years later, I rewatched them and actually really liked them. Now I consider Revenge of the Sith to be the best in the series. Who knows? Maybe in ten, twenty years the sequel trilogy will be somewhat watchable. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Who knows? Maybe in ten, twenty years the sequel trilogy will be somewhat watchable. 

I doubt that highly. The Prequels had soul, the sequels are corporate trash. They haven't aged well until now and will age even worse if you give them 20 more years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have mixed feelings about the Sequels, On one side, I enjoy the idea of it and it would have been amazing for the characters to reach their full potential, yet I also feel like they were wasted and that Disney just wanted to capitalize on the Star Wars brand and didn't put the thought or effort into it like George did, so by sending off the sequels they lost more OG Star Wars lovers and gained ones that think that's the normal, while I think that Daisy Ridley and everyone else did a great job and tried their hardest and didn't deserve all the hate, they just had wasted potential. Even George Lucas hates the Sequels, so I'm not sure what to think.

(Also, there are rumors that there may be another three movies coming into very early production to try and fix the Sequels, yet you didn't hear it from me) 

Edited by EanothBoba
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Weren't they saying the reason Solo failed was because they released too many Star Wars movies in a short time? Why would they think it has changed now?

To me the biggest problem with the sequel trilogy was the story not connecting well. They should have sat down and wrote out the whole trilogy in the beginning, then made the movies based on that with small story tweaks as needed. Instead, each movie was written independently and somehow had to fit with the previous movie. It was stupid to think independently written movies would fit together as a trilogy. Hopefully, they aren't making that mistake again with the second sequel trilogy.

I think a second Star Wars movie could work if it was different enough. A Revan/Old Republic might have enough interest or an animated movie like Clone Wars.

On 11/8/2023 at 9:52 PM, ThanderSnB said:

Weren't they saying the reason Solo failed was because they released too many Star Wars movies in a short time?

In and of itself, isolated from all Star Wars lore that came before it, it wasn't a bad film at all, even in the context of all those releases.  The problem (for me) wasn't that context, but the weird conflict with the previous lore of the SW universe and the film, especially the fact that the young Lij Tafari Makonnen(1) (er, oops, someone whose initials are LC) turned out to

Spoiler

cheat at cards

which was (for me and certain others who post(ed) here) a major disappointment.

(1) You might be more familiar with this person by his better-known identity of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Elect of God.

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

In and of itself, isolated from all Star Wars lore that came before it, it wasn't a bad film at all, even in the context of all those releases.  The problem (for me) wasn't that context, but the weird conflict with the previous lore of the SW universe and the film, especially the fact that the young Lij Tafari Makonnen(1) (er, oops, someone whose initials are LC) turned out to

Reveal hidden contents

cheat at cards

which was (for me and certain others who post(ed) here) a major disappointment.

(1) You might be more familiar with this person by his better-known identity of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Elect of God.

I enjoyed it too. It didn't blow me away, but I did have a good time. I also read the book and think the extra material there (without the cuts they had to make for the film) improved the story.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 6:34 PM, Uwel said:

Eww, thanks, but no thanks. 

Can't we just erase the last 3 movie from existence?

If anything, way back in 2012 I already said that Disney will eventually remake the PT and OT. Disney is trying to make SW its own, and it will remake the OT at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 9:11 AM, Jarcen said:

If anything, way back in 2012 I already said that Disney will eventually remake the PT and OT. Disney is trying to make SW its own, and it will remake the OT at some point.

If it tries that, I'm sure many Star Wars fan's will just ignore it. It's one thing to make Star Wars stories that are your own, but remaking and ruining that which many grew up on and came to love SW because of would be the death of Star Wars.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 6:11 AM, Jarcen said:

Disney is trying to make SW its own, and it will remake the OT at some point.

LOL  no it won't.

At least, not within the next 100 years. :rolleyes:

On 10/17/2023 at 3:18 PM, EanothBoba said:

(Also, there are rumors that there may be another three movies coming into very early production to try and fix the Sequels, yet you didn't hear it from me) 

If by  "fix"  you meant  THIS-->  https://variety.com/2023/film/news/daisy-ridley-star-wars-movie-plot-15-years-after-rise-of-skywalker-1235578142/   ... then i guess time ( and fan$ )  will tell. :cool:

Yeah, apparently Rey is becoming Luke from the Expanded Universe. Kind of insulting if you ask me. I'd much rather prefer a show with a de-aged Mark Hamil or Sebastian Stan as a young Luke set right after ROTJ then this.  Disney is destroying their IPs.  Don't even get me started on the new Avengers lineup.

• Sad 1

On 1/6/2024 at 11:50 AM, Nee-Elder said:

LOL  no it won't.

At least, not within the next 100 years. :rolleyes:

Actually it already did. From the moment GL sold the franchise, Disney owns it. Of course Disney will eventually remake the OT and PT. I think, just like with Marvel, they're just waiting for GL to pass on. Most fans won't like it but then Disney's target aren't the older fans but the younger ones.

5 hours ago, Jarcen said:

Actually it already did.

uhh  no it didn't.  Tha heck are you even talking about?

5 hours ago, Jarcen said:

Of course Disney will eventually remake the OT and PT.

lol "eventually"  anything could happen.  Real bold take there!

Regardless, Lucas explicitly stipulated in his sale deal contract to Disney  that they wouldn't  remake  HIS  6 films.

And just think about it logically for a second:  Disney spent 4 BILLION dollar$  to purchase rights to 'Star Wars'  ip.   The literal foundation of that  ip is.....you guessed it....Lucas' original trilogy!  (and all memories therein)   Everything Disney now does---every silly side project milking SW for all it's worth with movies like 'SOLO' and shows like 'Ashoka' -- is predicated upon that OT foundation.

If they remade  Lucas'  OT  & PT  ( contractually they can't, but whatever )  they would be undercutting their own 4bil  purchase.

It's not gonna happen.   At least, not in our lifetimes.   Therefore, utterly superfluous to argue it.

--------------

Now then, back ON-topic here....

The 'Rey Trilogy'  should be released only in theaters ( no initial  streaming ) .  Yes or no?

Go!

Edited by Nee-Elder

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

The 'Rey Trilogy...

Is that confirmed?  All I heard is the one movie. If it doesn't do well I doubt they'll invest in two more.  Look what happened the "supposed" Ryan Johnson trilogy. Nothing. 

3 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Is that confirmed?  All I heard is the one movie.

Daisy R. wants to do 3 ( since she doesn't have much else career-wise )  and signed on for 3 potentially  but  technically  it  of course all depends upon  *Box Office* receipt$.

I'm very curious to see how--or if-- Disney handles that large vocal section of fanbase who absolutely  HATES  "Mary SueWalker"  more than Anakin hates sand. :csw_crawler:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

and signed on for 3 potentially 

I wonder if John Boyega is on board as well.  The movie will be missing something if he doesn't scream "Rey" at the top of his lungs every 5mins lol

starwars-finn.gif

Edited by TonyTricicolo

11 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

I wonder if John Boyega is on board as well.  The movie will be missing something if he doesn't scream "Rey" at the top of his lungs every 5mins lol

Not sure but  apparently  the movie won't be released until  2027 now.

Also, side note:  Do you think all the  haters would've  turned ( pun intended )  if  Abrams had the guts/greenlight to make Rey actually BECOME the  Darkside--->  https://www.starwars.com/databank/rey-biography-gallery?image_id=5ea8b6e4a00250005906f069  in Ep. 9  ( Chewie  would've maybe had to die after all )  thereby truly  completing her more logical 'arc'  AND  honoring her post-haste *Emperor* bloodline.....which btw would also solve the whole  "Mary Sue"  problem.

This way,  Kylo/Ben Solo's  redemption  could've  still come at the expense of his life  BUT it would've been  REY  who betrays him and slays him.  ( instead of that awful epitomy of cringe "kiss"  :eek:  )

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Do you think all the  haters would've  turned ( pun intended )  if  Abrams had the guts/greenlight to make Rey actually BECOME the  Darkside--->

Disney's philosophy, in my opinion, is to make all characters likeable especially the "Bad Guys." Look what they did to Boba Fett.  They took the Alpha Predator and castrated him then made him a comical Beta. Now they can sell his toy to children.  He's PG friendly and marketable.

Okay, if Rey is the new "Luke from the EU" then she will have to mirror his trials and tribulations. If she is not tempted by the Dark Side then it's going to be one boring a$$ movie. She most definitely has to have a more darker wardrobe.  

I'm going to call it now....

"Somehow, Palpatine returns"

She is after all a Palpatine.  Deep in the recesses of her soul lies old Sheev and I guarantee you that he'll be involved.

30 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Disney's philosophy, in my opinion, is to make all characters likeable especially the "Bad Guys."

Look what they did to Boba Fett.  They took the Alpha Predator and castrated him then made him a comical Beta. Now they can sell his toy to children. 

ugh ikr  , such a travesty .  Although,  i believe back in the ole original days ( 1980's )  bad Boba  still sold  wayyyyy  more toy$  anyway, no?

Lucky for me , i refused to give Disney+  money  and never even watched  "Book of Boba Fretts"  ( just read about it and saw YouTube highlights )

Ep. 5 Empire Strikes Back Boba will forever = the TRUE  Boba!!!! :csw_fett:

Edited by Nee-Elder

5 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

uhh  no it didn't.  Tha heck are you even talking about?

lol "eventually"  anything could happen.  Real bold take there!

Regardless, Lucas explicitly stipulated in his sale deal contract to Disney  that they wouldn't  remake  HIS  6 films.

And just think about it logically for a second:  Disney spent 4 BILLION dollar$  to purchase rights to 'Star Wars'  ip.   The literal foundation of that  ip is.....you guessed it....Lucas' original trilogy!  (and all memories therein)   Everything Disney now does---every silly side project milking SW for all it's worth with movies like 'SOLO' and shows like 'Ashoka' -- is predicated upon that OT foundation.

If they remade  Lucas'  OT  & PT  ( contractually they can't, but whatever )  they would be undercutting their own 4bil  purchase.

It's not gonna happen.   At least, not in our lifetimes.   Therefore, utterly superfluous to argue it.

--------------

Now then, back ON-topic here....

The 'Rey Trilogy'  should be released only in theaters ( no initial  streaming ) .  Yes or no?

Go!

What I'm talking about is that Disney already owns SW. It can do whatever it pleases with it since they have ownership to it. So if Disney wants to remake the OT, it will. Undercutting their 4b purchase? Well Disney is already doing a fine job at it even without remaking the OT and PT. I suspect Disney is only doing what it did to Marvel--to wait on GL's passing before they remake the OT and PT. But make no mistake about it, they WILL. It's Disney. If they're remaking their own Disney classics, nothing will stop them from remaking the OT and PT. And if we're unlucky, we may see it as well.

27 minutes ago, Jarcen said:

What I'm talking about is that Disney already owns SW. It can do whatever it pleases with it since they have ownership to it. So if Disney wants to remake the OT, it will.

No sir, that's what i tried telling you above  ^^  but i'm not sure if you really read everything i typed in detail.

Part of  Lucas'  contract/deal  states that  Disney  WON'T   remake  HIS  6 films.

ugh i wish i had the reference link  to help you understand  but whatever  not like it matters much  lol

@Nee-Elder 

Get this, Rumor has it that one of the possible scripts for the Rey movie involves:

Spoiler

She being pregnant. How, you say? By that "cringey" kiss. Yep! The Reylo fans will rejoice as her 9 year old daughter will be a "true Skywalker" and together they will fight Darth Plagueis.