'Premades'

farren_whyde

This whole idea that super premades are just farming the entire queue from sun up to sun down is false. Yes u see some annoying premades abusing the meta, but it's a lot less frequent than its made out to be here. I played pvp every single day for the last 10 days and ran across that type of premade like 7 or 8 times in probably 100 + matches solo. Saw none of it in arenas btw, but I do play far less in arenas. When I played in a big premade everyone was crying about how boring the matches were hoping for another premade in queue. Anyways there's plenty of room for improvement but it's really not as big of an issue as it's made out to be here. 

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, krackcommando said:

i think there are a lot more reasons. ppl trying (and having a clue how) to win WZs hasn't been a thing for a very very long time.

the biggest thing I've noticed...really since the abandoning of RWZs, is that heavy premades show zero interest in "winning" the WZs. you would never see a player from a top pvp guild node guarding in a reg WZ, but you would absolutely see them breaking off to help when called. the good players in this game, particularly the good premades, stopped "trying" around that time RWZs were cancelled (I mean half of them rage quit the game, but that's where I trace the first massive disinterest in winning regs started).

^this just reiterates your point that taking away the major league kinda turns the minors into mush.

You’re both right. There are lots of other contributing factors too. Let’s not forget that making lowbie PvP irrelevant in gearing & leveling, also contributed to less skill & understanding how WZ’s worked. Add the poor attitude some higher end players promoted in WZ’s (ie, regs don’t matter) & it’s all contributed to the degradation of playing objective PvP properly. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

13 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

This whole idea that super premades are just farming the entire queue from sun up to sun down is false. Yes u see some annoying premades abusing the meta, but it's a lot less frequent than its made out to be here. I played pvp every single day for the last 10 days and ran across that type of premade like 7 or 8 times in probably 100 + matches solo. Saw none of it in arenas btw, but I do play far less in arenas. When I played in a big premade everyone was crying about how boring the matches were hoping for another premade in queue. Anyways there's plenty of room for improvement but it's really not as big of an issue as it's made out to be here. 

But everyone’s experience is different. There are lots of contributing factors as to when you come across premades vs solos. Different days, time of day, bracket, particular servers & population. 
Ie, if you play on low population servers or at off hours or in a lowbie bracket, it only takes one or two premades in the queue to make you pop against them nearly every other match. And some days you will see the same premades, over & over. 
If that’s the experience a new player or solo player has every time they want to play PvP, then it’s a terrible experience. It’s nearly as bad as queuing & it not popping for 20-40mins at a time. 
This leads to people refusing to PvP because every time they do it’s not enjoyable. 
There needs to be a middle ground somewhere so that the premade system  doesn’t deter new or solo players from leaving in droves. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

But everyone’s experience is different. There are lots of contributing factors as to when you come across premades vs solos. Different days, time of day, bracket, particular servers & population. 
Ie, if you play on low population servers or at off hours or in a lowbie bracket, it only takes one or two premades in the queue to make you pop against them nearly every other match. And some days you will see the same premades, over & over. 
If that’s the experience a new player or solo player has every time they want to play PvP, then it’s a terrible experience. It’s nearly as bad as queuing & it not popping for 20-40mins at a time. 
This leads to people refusing to PvP because every time they do it’s not enjoyable. 
There needs to be a middle ground somewhere so that the premade system  doesn’t deter new or solo players from leaving in droves. 

I dont disagree with that. I've stated my preferences for fixing issues like this. Cross server queues being at the top of that list. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

I dont disagree with that. I've stated my preferences for fixing issues like this. Cross server queues being at the top of that list. 

That would help & I’ve been suggesting something similar when they move us all to AWS. But they also need to make sure the matchmaking code enforces solo & premade separation (as well as a better matchmaking algorithm).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

9 hours ago, septru said:

I'm genuinely confused. 🤣

You just said that deatchmatching was a big issue. I told you the reason why it's an issue. And then you said there are other things you would rather fix first?????

Yes. I would fix the fundamentals before focusing on the modes. You can't exactly have fair competitive play without it is all. I've discussed em in various threads but the primary issues like the sheer AoE/DoT dominance & the mess of stuns/slows, and others. Just you have to have a solid footing before you can run, and right now its a disaster. 

8 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Here’s a thought I just had. It’s not fully formed yet as I’m still semi asleep & on some strong meds. BUT here goes :

We all know that Quesh ball is so intrinsically broken now & I doubt they’ll every fix the maps bug’s & horrendous desync. So why not just turn that map into a 8v8 death match Arena? Remove the ball & scoring functions. Remove any of the leap & pull restrictions into the goal area. 

Then people get an 8v8 death map that some have been asking for. And we go back to having just 2 Hutt Ball maps in the rotation. 

As for determining the mechanics & how you win, Ive some thoughts. But I’d like to hear what others think first. 

Cool with it, sign me up. 

The way I would do it is have a lifepool weighed against a time limit. Say something basic like 64 lives a side. I'd implement a penalty for subsequent deaths. (If you die more then once within a set period of time, you respawn slower. Offset only by body count of active players.) This helps throttle players that come in with 360k health or lower from throwing the match in the oppositions favor.

Once it gets down to 16 I'd throttle again giving everyone one life left, giving everyone some semblance of fairness vs. again one or two bad players bleeding out the squad.

Should the time limit hit, sudden death with the arena getting smaller like a traditional arena. 

A thousand ways to pull it off, but just my two cents.