'Premades'

farren_whyde

45 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Why don't u make some friends form a team and take matters into ur own hands?

In life, I do not have a lot of friends.  What I have are several of the very best friends anyone could hope to have.  I have known them for literal decades.  Come to that, I actually have GAMING friends (friends met and maintained through games...as I define the term) whom I have known for literal decades.  Yes, I am senescent.

The problem is not making friends.  The problem is making the RIGHT friends who share common gaming interests, specifically PvP, who will NOT shun me for my ability (or lack of same).  Like it or not, most established friend groups function a lot like clubs.  One must stand out FIRST, and then the members might reach out and connect.  That seems to be socializing these days.  I have neither the time nor the inclination to prove myself to would be friends.

• Like 2

I get what you’re saying, and you’re right, but you still have the option to just message anyone at the end of a match and see if they would like to group up with you.  You don’t have to join an already established group or guild etc.  

For example; if you like to play objectives and you noticed there was one other person on your team that was also playing objectives, just invite them to a group.  

Edited by mjxzo

1 minute ago, mjxzo said:

I get what you’re saying, and you’re right, but you still have the option to just message anyone at the end of a match and see if they would like to group up with you.  You don’t have to join an already established group or guild etc.  

Why should people have to do that? The games systems should just be improved so that solo players have as much agency as premade players. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Why should people have to do that? The games systems should just be improved so that solo players have as much agency as premade players. 

“Premade players” became a premade by doing exactly that.  

8 minutes ago, mjxzo said:

You don’t have to do that.  But you certainly have the option to do that.  

And if u make the decision not to do that, you should live with the consequences of your decisions.

Tbh you don't even have to go that far. Many times there are guilds full of nice players who are casual and don't care about how skilled you are. You don't even have to message random players could join a guild with a good attitude, become part of their community, and pvp as an activity with your guildmates. I'm in a conquest guild that does this often, they support one another and there's no toxicity. Just play to have fun. I've played with them before and we win plenty matches. 

Just now, TrixxieTriss said:

What if people don’t want to premade? 

Then don’t, and accept the random team you get given knowing that other people may and probably will decide to group up and have some control over who is on their team.  

• Like 1

Just now, mjxzo said:

Then don’t, and accept the random team you get given knowing that other people may and probably will decide to group up and have some control over who is on their team.  

Why not just give players the agency to choose to play solo with other solo players? 
Why is this so hard for the pro-premade gallery to answer?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Why not just give players the agency to choose to play solo with other solo players? 

It's been explained to you ad nauseum. There are plenty of valid reasons as to why it shouldn't happen. Bioware seemingly agree because they haven't signaled any intent to change it (again for good reason) You don't want to accept them, it's fine you don't have to but this is the current circumstances. 

Edited by Samcuu

3 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

It's been explained to you ad nauseum. There are plenty of valid reasons as to why it shouldn't happen

Actually it hasn’t. All we’ve seen from your side of the argument is “premades aren’t bad & we should make friends”

You’ve given no logical reason why solo players should not be given agency to be able to choose to play solo or with premades. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

8 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Honestly, if the game’s pvp population wasn’t so small I would agree that adding a solo queue for arenas and warzones would be really fun.  

But with the current pvp population I feel like one queue for arenas and one for warzones is already stretching the player base too thin for people that aren’t playing at peak server times.  

Personally I think that reducing premade  size back to 4, balancing the classes properly, stopping the pvp rewards from being participation rewards than you can grind losses to receive and fixing the group pvp challenges function would improve the pvp experience for everyone more than separating premades and solo queuers.

• Like 1

The return of ranked arena players who want to hunt players and complain. They want to chase players they find unworthy but I think rather than chasing the premade we should chase the toxic player who believes that the arena system is the return of ranked he is wrong. That he lets them play as they want

• Confused 2

Just now, mjxzo said:

Honestly, if the game’s pvp population wasn’t so small I would agree that adding a solo queue for arenas and warzones would be really fun.  

But with the current pvp population I feel like one queue for arenas and one for warzones is already stretching the player base too thin for people that aren’t playing at peak server times.  

Personally I think that reducing premade  size back to 4, balancing the classes properly, stopping the pvp rewards from being participation rewards than you can grind losses to receive and fixing the group pvp challenges function would improve the pvp experience for everyone more than separating premades and solo queuers.

Adding cross server queues too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjxzo said:

So the core reason you think premades should be allowed is because the population is too small ?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

3 minutes ago, darkzannah said:

The return of ranked arena players who want to hunt players and complain. They want to chase players they find unworthy but I think rather than chasing the premade we should chase the toxic player who believes that the arena system is the return of ranked he is wrong. That he lets them play as they want

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.  

26 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

So the core reason you think premades should be allowed is because the population is too small ?

Yes.  But also:

Personally I think that reducing premade  size back to 4, balancing the classes properly, stopping the pvp rewards from being participation rewards that you can grind losses to receive and fixing the group pvp challenges function would improve the pvp experience for everyone more than separating premades and solo queuers.

Edited by mjxzo
  • Like 3

That ranked players complain too much and that the so-called premade have the right to do arenas like the others even if the former ranked player doesn't like it otherwise they get out of the game because toxic players are unhealthy

at least give the solos the option to queue into solos, or into some premmie mix would be good.  you could even default it to be mixed, so that someone who wants a true solo queue can do so, and then see what would actually happen.  considering the multiple threads and pages and pages we see about premades, it is a very valid concern.  just ignoring it won't make all the noise go away.

i mean ignoring the customers is something that they have gotten good at in 7, so it's not shocking we haven't heard anything, but at some point, it has to be addressed.  we saw how fast they were to react when people brought up a NIM R4 recently, but on this topic, nothing but silence for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Let me ask you this. What percentage of the player base do you think regularly or only premades when pvping 

I honestly don’t know.  And neither do you.  Are we calling casual streamers who group up with their viewers for fun  “premades”? 

Are we calling 2 friends that just started playing pvp and queue as a duo “premades” because if we are including everyone who groups up with another player and queues for pvp a “premade” and not only referring to high level players running as a premade, I think it’s possible that there’s actually a lot of people doing this and that splitting the current two queues into 4 queues would result in 4 pretty dead queues where everyone waits a long time for a match.  

Edited by mjxzo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mjxzo said:

I honestly don’t know.  And neither do you.  Are we calling casual streamers who group up with their viewers for fun  “premades”? 

Are we calling 2 friends that just started playing pvp and queue as a duo “premades” because if we are including everyone who groups up with another player and queues for pvp a “premade” and not only referring to high level players running as a premade, I think it’s possible that there’s actually a lot of people doing this.

A pre-made by definition is anyone that groups up with other players. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 or 8. 

What you have to ask is, how many solo oriented players have stopped pvping or unsubbed just so Bioware can accommodate premades in the queue?

How many of the new solo pvpers are totally turned off PvP because they get put on teams with or against premades & then the terrible matchmaking makes it worse? All the effort BioWare is going to with seasons to attract new pvpers & rebuild the community numbers is for nothing if that is happening.

Then compare that to how many people would stop pvping or unsub if BioWare gave solo players the agency to decide if they want to play solo or with premades. I’m guessing it would be either zero or much less people than forcing solo players into a terrible PvP experience & making them hate PvP. 

That’s really the only business question BioWare needs to consider. What will rebuild the PvP community more & ultimately make BioWare more money? 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

A pre-made by definition is anyone that groups up with other players. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 or 8. 

What you have to ask is, how many solo oriented players have stopped pvping or unsubbed just so Bioware can accommodate premades in the queue?

How many of the new solo pvpers are totally turned off PvP because they get put on teams with or against premades & then the terrible matchmaking makes it worse? All the effort BioWare is going to with seasons to attract new pvpers & rebuild the community numbers is for nothing if that is happening.

Then compare that how many people would stop pvping or unsub if BioWare gave solo players the agency to decide if they want to play solo or with premades. I’m guessing it would be either zero or much less people than forcing solo players into a terrible PvP experience & making them hate PvP. 

That’s really the only business question BioWare needs to consider. What will rebuild the PvP community more & ultimately make BioWare more money? 

I believe the changes that I’ve already suggested (reducing premade size back to 4, balancing the classes properly, stopping the pvp rewards from being participation rewards that you can grind losses to receive and fixing the group pvp challenges function) would be more effective at rebuilding the pvp community than the ones you are suggesting.  I think if you had 4 queues (solo arena and WZ + mixed arena and WZ) all four queues would be too dead.  

Edited by mjxzo
  • Like 1