Weekly Rep Cap... but WHY???

Tourmaline

Ok I am sure someone will say it is necessary. WHY THOUGH?? There are only so many quests you can do per reputation area anyway. They will reset daily or weekly. So why is the rep cap always UNDER that? Come on EA or whoever. PLEASE just removed the cap. You can keep the cap on quests but if I earned my rep tokens I would like to actually USE them. -_-

3 hours ago, Tourmaline said:

Ok I am sure someone will say it is necessary. WHY THOUGH?? There are only so many quests you can do per reputation area anyway. They will reset daily or weekly. So why is the rep cap always UNDER that? Come on EA or whoever. PLEASE just removed the cap. You can keep the cap on quests but if I earned my rep tokens I would like to actually USE them. -_-

Because they want to draw out the time it takes to max out rep when they introduce a new one.   They don’t want to have someone get to max within a week. That way the content keeps people busy for a roughly planable amount of time. 

I have so many toons, that I could max my rep out on a place like Ossus in a couple weeks if not less. While there would be a softcap on how much rep a single toon can earn per day/week, there would be absolutely no limit other than than 100 toon server limit.

But as someone who would like to max rep as soon as possible, I'd love to see the cap done away with.

the main reason is money. If it takes people longer to get max rep, they'll play for a longer period of time, and hopefully [in EA's eyes] will be subbed longer.

yes it's a dumb mechanic, but that's the reason.

Most (if not all) MMOs have systems to gate/slow players progress/farming.

And as one of such systems, weekly rep cap is IMO a really good one, and should be used even more.

For example: I would very much prefer that gear progression gets slowed by requiring higher rep rather than having weekly cap on currencies.