When you're against premades in a PUG ...

StrikePrice

43 minutes ago, StrikePrice said:

The only way to win is not to play. If everyone does that, it will force BW to listen to us. 

Or you can just choose not to queue to start with. That is the ultimate choosing not to play. 

Because if everyone starts quitting matches like you suggest, BioWare will just use it as an excuse to increase the deserter penalty again instead of the reason people leave. They will see it as vindication for adding it like they did in the first place. All you be doing is reinforcing their beliefs that it’s needed.

But if enough people just stop queuing in protest over the situation, BioWares holy grail “pop times” will increase more across the board. And BioWare only seem to act when pop times are threatened & there is a large amount of whining about it on the forums. 

If you really want to protest, stop playing PvPing till BioWare address the situation or are at least willing to discuss it with the player base.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Or you can just choose not to queue to start with. That is the ultimate choosing not to play. 

Because if everyone starts quitting matches like you suggest, BioWare will just use it as an excuse to increase the deserter penalty again instead of the reason people leave. They will see it as vindication for adding it like they did in the first place. All you be doing is reinforcing their beliefs that it’s needed.

But if enough people just stop queuing in protest over the situation, BioWares holy grail “pop times” will increase more across the board. And BioWare only seem to act when pop times are threatened & there is a large amount of whining about it on the forums. 

If you really want to protest, stop playing PvPing till BioWare address the situation or are at least willing to discuss it with the player base.

Maybe. Sometimes civil disobedience works and sometimes the authoritarian government cracks down on you as you suggest.  I think it's the only way to make them listen. If they responded by increasing the deserter penalty, then we know what the disposition is and we can take our ball and go home. Right now, I think the people who want no premades outnumbers the people who like premades 3 or 4 to 1 at least. That's why I don't think ceding PvP to the premades is the right answer. Yet. 

Example, I do this for BT and Essles in the GF. As soon as it pops, I simply drop my group. I won't play them no matter how often BW tries to force them on me. And, I've started doing it against premades. I just say to my team "sorry, I don't play against premades" and peace out. 

Edited by StrikePrice

13 minutes ago, StrikePrice said:

Maybe. Sometimes civil disobedience works and sometimes the authoritarian government cracks down on you as you suggest.  I think it's the only way to make them listen. If they responded by increasing the deserter penalty, then we know what the disposition is and we can take our ball and go home. Right now, I think the people who want no premades outnumbers the people who like premades 3 or 4 to 1 at least. That's why I don't think ceding PvP to the premades is the right answer. Yet. 

Example, I do this for BT and Essles in the GF. As soon as it pops, I simply drop my group. I won't play them no matter how often BW tries to force them on me. And, I've started doing it against premades. I just say to my team "sorry, I don't play against premades" and peace out. 

🤷🏻‍♀️ each to their own. I just think it’s more likely to reinforce BioWares belief that they need deserter debuffs & they’ll increase them again. 

All you're doing is punishing someone else with a crappy backfill. 
If they prevented backfills, however... 
I quite despise them, nothing is more painful than long queues only to be put into a match either already decided or nearly over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beyrahl said:

All you're doing is punishing someone else with a crappy backfill. 
If they prevented backfills, however... 
I quite despise them, nothing is more painful than long queues only to be put into a match either already decided or nearly over.

No, if everyone drops, the warzone will abort. 

20 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

As long as there aren’t people to back fill

The pop on SS is very small. Unless it's Tuesday when everyone is playing, the Q time is very long and many arenas start 3 v 4. Plus, if *everyone* does it :)

24 minutes ago, StrikePrice said:

The pop on SS is very small. Unless it's Tuesday when everyone is playing, the Q time is very long and many arenas start 3 v 4. Plus, if *everyone* does it :)

I’m not sure your suggestion would work on busier servers like Star Forge. All it would do is make other people back fill more.

On 5/11/2023 at 9:41 AM, StrikePrice said:

Just quit the WZ. The debuff is only 5 mins. If everyone on the team quits, it will abort the WZ. The only way to win is not to play. If everyone does that, it will force BW to listen to us. 

Coordinated action? That sounds like premade talk to me! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2023 at 5:41 PM, StrikePrice said:

Just quit the WZ. The debuff is only 5 mins. If everyone on the team quits, it will abort the WZ. The only way to win is not to play. If everyone does that, it will force BW to listen to us. 

Or just accept the fact you're probably going to lose, and deal with it? Or indulge your tantrum and attempt to encourage others to sabotage the match for other people? What a bitter, selfish post. You're not having fun, so no-one else can?

So you've never grouped up with another/others for PvP?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, farren_whyde said:

Or just accept the fact you're probably going to lose, and deal with it? Or indulge your tantrum and attempt to encourage others to sabotage the match for other people? What a bitter, selfish post. You're not having fun, so no-one else can?

So you've never grouped up with another/others for PvP?

Yup.

• Sad 1

On 5/18/2023 at 8:21 PM, StrikePrice said:

Yup.

"Yup" as is you've never grouped?

This premade argument. So tiresome. When people say 'Premades ruin PvP', what they actually mean is 'LOSING to premades ruins PvP for ME'.

So then the crusade to banish, separate, remove and ignore them starts. People moaning about premades never mention the times when they have a premade on THEIR team that help them win the match/round, by virtue of high, co-ordinated dps and tactical nous. They never say that.

Edited by farren_whyde
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, farren_whyde said:

"Yup" as is you've never grouped?

This premade argument. So tiresome. When people say 'Premades ruin PvP', what they actually mean is 'LOSING to premades is ruins PvP for ME'.

So then the crusade to banish, separate, remove and ignore them starts. People moaning about premades never mention the times when they have a premade on THEIR team that help them win the match/round, by virtue of high, co-ordinated dps and tactical nous. They never say that.

Oh but even if they win, then they'll then complain winning was TOO easy/boring. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tiffanitte said:

Does that ISSUE CHALLENGE que work at all?

See link below ....

3 hours ago, mjxzo said:

No it’s still broken.  It’s been broken for over 6 months now.  

Correct --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926879-pvp-challenges-for-skirmish-and-guild-challenge-no-longer-functioning-bug-possibly-as-of-72-challenge-can-be-issued-queue-pops-but-nothing-happens-when-you-click-enter/