Just so you won't say it wasn't predictable ...

StrikePrice

On 5/15/2023 at 6:00 AM, StrikePrice said:

Nobody is buying anything. Nothing. I don't even get ridiculous offers anymore. It's crazy. I can't get rid of the things I have to make room to buy more. 

I spent an 2-3 hours in the game yesterday on my preferred account & made 100 millions credits on the GTN.

Keep in mind, that as a preferred account, you can’t hold more than 1 million credits at a time, so it’s pointless selling anything higher than $1,086,900 or your credits go into escrow. So I had to accept the credits from each sale individually & put them into my legacy bank & go back & get the next lot. Which was a pain.

I only sold an assortment of the crafted dyes that ANYONE can craft & it was during the lowest population time of the day. My dyes were selling faster than I could craft to replace them because as preferred, you can only craft 1 item per companion & only use 3 companions total. 

Still, making $100 million credits in 2-3 hours by only selling crafted dyes under $1 million, just goes to show the market is still very active & extremely over priced. 

It totally blows my mind that people pay a million credits for a dye they can craft for less than 10 mins gathering time & 500 credits. 

Im pretty sure I could have made an easy billion credits yesterday selling crafted dyes if I’d been using a subscriber account without any credit or crafting restrictions & spent a few more hours crafting & selling them. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

13 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I spent an 2-3 hours in the game yesterday on my preferred account & made 100 millions credits on the GTN.

Keep in mind, that as a preferred account, you can’t hold more than 1 million credits at a time, so it’s pointless selling anything higher than $1,086,900 or your credits go into escrow. So I had to accept the credits from each sale individually & put them into my legacy bank & go back & get the next lot. Which was a pain.

I only sold an assortment of the crafted dyes that ANYONE can craft & it was during the lowest population time of the day. My dyes were selling faster than I could craft to replace them because as preferred, you can only craft 1 item per companion & only use 3 companions total. 

Still, making $100 million credits in 2-3 hours by only selling crafted dyes under $1 million, just goes to show the market is still very active & extremely over priced. 

It totally blows my mind that people pay a million credits for a dye they can craft for less than 10 mins gathering time & 500 credits. 

Im pretty sure I could have made an easy billion credits yesterday selling crafted dyes if I’d been using a subscriber account without any credit or crafting restrictions & spent a few more hours crafting & selling them. 

Sorry, I'm talking about CM items. The general premise is that because no-one is buying CM items for credits that CM sales will go down. 

8 hours ago, StrikePrice said:

Sorry, I'm talking about CM items. The general premise is that because no-one is buying CM items for credits that CM sales will go down. 

You know what would help sell CM items  as possible deflation happens? 

If BioWare allowed preferred players to hold up to 1 Billion credits on their characters. 

Bioware could still limit how much a preferred player could list items for on the GTN, so that they still encourage players to subscribe.

But with the inflation we’ve had since the last preferred credit cap increase, the 1 million cap is ridiculous these days when a lot of the games most basic crafted items are selling for 1 million or higher. 

I would suggest setting up the selling cap for preferred players at the current credit limit of 1 million. But if BioWare intends to increase the GTN sales limit above 1 billion in the future, they could consider making the preferred selling cap 10 million. 

Allowing preferred to hold up to 1 billion credits would allow people to buy more stuff off the GTN. This would actually improve BioWares profit on the CM. But it might also put upwards pressure on inflation if demand started to out strip supply. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, StrikePrice said:

Any word on the tax rollback patch or are they just going to leave the economy dead?

• lol, the greed of some ppl. u don't need billions to play the game!
  • The economy is certainly not dead.
  • ppl was fine with selling things for a 10th of the price only 2 years ago, just plain greed to want prices to stay this over inflated.

Lastly, anything and everything they try do to lower the in game inflation is fine by me. I play the game I don't sit in fleet only trying to ammas more credits/items.

13 minutes ago, Peglas said:
  • lol, the greed of some ppl. u don't need billions to play the game!
  • The economy is certainly not dead.
  • ppl was fine with selling things for a 10th of the price only 2 years ago, just plain greed to want prices to stay this over inflated.

Lastly, anything and everything they try do to lower the in game inflation is fine by me. I play the game I don't sit in fleet only trying to ammas more credits/items.

If you say so. 😂

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.