The player ships in this game

ukikithemonkey

So maybe it is just me, but does anyone else think Imps get the better looking ships? I mean I know it is all about opinion and such, but the Imp ships actually look like they were designed for combat, while the Reps really don't. Not a big deal of course, and it sure won't keep me from enjoying the game, but I would like to see the ability to get different ships later on.

When or where did the Republic or Rebellion ever have anything that looked cool other then a smuggler and his Millennium Falcon?

Come on, the rebel fighter craft are really cool...... but so are the imperials. Maybe this is just me being nostalgic.

I'm not talking about the prequels naturally ;).

So maybe it is just me, but does anyone else think Imps get the better looking ships? I mean I know it is all about opinion and such, but the Imp ships actually look like they were designed for combat, while the Reps really don't. Not a big deal of course, and it sure won't keep me from enjoying the game, but I would like to see the ability to get different ships later on.

First time I saw my ship.

HOLY COW IS THAT FOR ME?

Amazing ships Imp side.

I have not seen the Repubs ships, do you guys get a Falcon?

I have not seen the Repubs ships, do you guys get a Falcon?

The Smuggler ship looks sorta like the Falcon.

I like the Imp Agent ship, don't really care for the Sith ships though, really don't like the Bounty Hunter ship.

The Jedi ships are really nice, and the trooper ship is ok.

Well that's because Republic ships WEREN'T designed for combat originally. The jedi ships are also made to be more luxurious, to suit Jedi.

The Empire on the other hand, is a war-mongering society. Of course their ships would be designed for combat first, everything else is second.

The Smuggler ship looks sorta like the Falcon.

Well, according to Wookieepedia, it's supposed to be a ship that the Corellian Engineering Corporation later used as inspiration when designing the YT-1000 series (which, for those who don't know, includes the model the Millennium Falcon is, the YT-1300), so, in one sense, it's supposed to be an early prototype of the Falcon. Personally, I think the design of the looks and layout of all the ships has been pretty well done, as they each fit what the relevant character is most likely to use it for.