Un-wielding Sabers

For some of us sages or sorcerers, we see that wielding a saber while in combat sometimes just looks silly. I have played with no saber a few times and people agree with me about looking better. I was able to come up with a formula that makes my saber nearly invisible but, It would look better if the saber stays hanging from my belt. Sorcerers and Sages just don't need to show the saber if... we are not going to use it at all anyways.

Possible ways to accomplish this.

A weapon tuning.

A saber that is invisible while in combat (Like having 2 off-hands)

Bioware, if you make this, You can have some of my money and am sure other people's money as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vanechka said:

For some of us sages or sorcerers, we see that wielding a saber while in combat sometimes just looks silly. I have played with no saber a few times and people agree with me about looking better. I was able to come up with a formula that makes my saber nearly invisible but, It would look better if the saber stays hanging from my belt. Sorcerers and Sages just don't need to show the saber if... we are not going to use it at all anyways.

Possible ways to accomplish this.

A weapon tuning.

A saber that is invisible while in combat (Like having 2 off-hands)

Bioware, if you make this, You can have some of my money and am sure other people's money as well.

Doesn't it still block blaster shots?

• Thanks 1

Unarmed toggle could be neat. Would work with Sage/Sorc. Feel like it wouldn't/couldn't work with other classes though - their animations are tied to their weapons - and I can't imagine them introducing a solution that only applies to 1/8 the classes.

Especially for the Sorcerer, I wouldn't mind a toggle, or something to make the weapon only pull when used, e.g. the saber remains on the belt until the user hits "Strike". The ideal solution would be animation adjustments, e.g. the two-handed lightning channel looks fine as-is for unarmed, but should really be adjusted for someone holding a lightsaber in one hand.

4 hours ago, Dayshadow said:

Doesn't it still block blaster shots?

Yes and that's actually one of the few remaining original  coolest animations that BioWare kept.

And unfortunately the OP's suggestion will never happen from a technical game-engine standpoint.  However, a better more interesting solution ( in my opinion ) would be for BioWare to introduce a brand NEW Cc,mbat CLASS  based in the ancient non-lightsaber arts of.......... Teras Kasi !!!!

But hey , we all know EA won't be granting BioWare enough funding$  to do such a "radical" development. :(