Voss stronghold: it's time now

Voss is my favourite planet from SWTOR. I like many things on this planet: the atmosphere, the music, the intelligent species, the fauna and flora, the landscapes, the Voss and Gormak culture, the architecture of Voss, etc. In the 7.3, we will be returning to Voss and explore a new area called the Interpreter’s Retreat. I'm happy to get more Voss stuffs.

With the new story “Old Wounds" (7.3) taking place on Voss and its new flashpoint (Shrine of Silence), it's the perfect opportunity to finally introduce a stronghold on Voss.

I wish a stronghold on Voss since the "Galactic Strongholds" expansion. So it's the perfect opportunity to get a stronghold on Voss. with this patch. Please make this dream true. :t_smile:

For example, we could get that for the Voss stronghold:

• A house in the Voss style with a balcony and 2 floors with 3 rooms per floor (house size => like Dromun Kass or Coruscant). A good example for that could be the Tower of Prophecy

ddYVb06.png.f062fa34c24a8f21a925fd9d10a21503.png

do2Z2YK.png.c86b6d8a9a3f11938ecbed3021678101.png

• A garden in the Voss style or a park with the the Voss style
  • A small cave (a little bigger than the killik one) with 2 cavities
  • A small Shrine of Healing (3 rooms => 2 underground rooms + 1 room to the surface)

I admit I would really like this kind of stronghold on Voss. :t_smile:

Edited by orichichan
  • Like 4

Voss is a beautiful planet, and would love a stronghold over there! Even a tiny one, single room with balcony and view of them gorgeous golden-red trees would be awesome. Personally would be so much more interested in it than in Mek-Sha one.

• Like 3

Yes, I always thought that having a Stronghold on Voss would be logical either post KoTFE/ET with the attack since having a HQ directly there would be useful or post Voss storyline, especially considering the fact you can marry a Voss when you are an agent, talking about that... it's been a long time since I saw my agent's hubby XD

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, orichichan said:

After playing the 7.3 on Voss, I really want a stronghold on Voss. I hope this post could help us to get it and it gives some ideas to the team to make this stronghold. :t_smile:

not against it entirely, but given the impact Zakuul had on the game on the time on it's arrival, don't you think it has priority over Voss? Yes, technically Voss came first but I rarely hear anyone besides you that wants a Stronghold there, not saying there aren't others just as adamant of course now. I'm just saying the outcry for a Zakuul Throne or a Kaliyo styled apartment has more weight so to speak. Then again what do I know... :)

After thinking for a bit, If a Zakuul SH had such desire why did they make the Mek-Sha one first? Maybe due to ease? I guess. Who knows? Perhaps it alluded them at the time when Kotfe/et came out. But why would it? That would have been the ideal time to release a Zakuul SH. Probably time and money had to do with it. I take back what I said because there is no rhyme and reason on which SH gets made next and ideally when a place is "hot" like Voss is now that is when we should get the relevant SH.  

Edited by TonyTricicolo

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 10:40 AM, TonyTricicolo said:

Zakuul had on the game on the time on it's arrival, don't you think it has priority over Voss?

Not really because I think it's the perfect opportunity to introduce a Voss stronghold with the 7.3 😃

On 6/22/2023 at 10:40 AM, TonyTricicolo said:

After thinking for a bit, If a Zakuul SH had such desire why did they make the Mek-Sha one first? Maybe due to ease? I guess. Who knows?

Maybe because we have many Mek-Sha decorations so Mek-Sha stronghold comes before the Kaliyo one. Maybe they will add the Kaliyo stronghold for another galactic season. It will be the perfect opportunity to give us this stronghold as the Mek-Sha stronghold.

Now I get more Voss decorations with the 7.3, my desire for a medium/big stronghold on Voss becomes bigger than ever. Please make it true. :t_smile:

Edited by orichichan

I want a Voss one with Starship sized hooks, because I have decorations that never see the light of day because there aren't enough starship sized hooks in existing SHs for them all to be placed somewhere (except on Server Shan where I have multiple SHs for the same planet because of server mergers).

That said, between previous crafting and the new Decos for 7.3 I will have lots of decorations to put into a dedicated Voss SH. 

I also want one on Hoth. A winter-themed SH would be nice. 

I don't want a Zakuul apartment because - I live in an apartment in RL. Apartments are by nature smaller than houses or what I would call the mansions/palaces our characters would own. Hence no Starship size hooks.

I think not having a Starship sized hook for DK /Coruscant is a shame. My characters who live in those - they'd have their ship there, at least.   The one on Manaan is only visable, not able to physically get to.

Rishi has a few starship sized hooks that you can't physically get to as well.   

Nar Shaddaa's Starship sized hook is possible to get to, but only by jumping to it from a certain point, and you still end up dying in the process :-(.

I like the placement of Tatooine's starship hooks. 1 hook I always have a Jawa crawler, because who can picture Tatooine without Jawas? Only problem is there's no nearby small hooks for the Jawa vendors (3 of them) plus Blizz. They're somewhat nearby, but

ideally would be closer.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Voss are very xenophobic though.

They'd be like: No outsider will ever have property here. We will not allow it! Leave now!

I'm wondering why Odessan or Zakuul were never chosen. They would fit easily into KOTFE and KOTET

Voss accept Gormak now (or at least a part) so it could be possible to get a house on Voss. But we can also get a house somewhere on Voss like we could have for Alderaan. :t_smile:

Edited by orichichan

On 2/20/2024 at 4:09 PM, Traceguy said:

The Voss are very xenophobic though.

They'd be like: No outsider will ever have property here. We will not allow it! Leave now!

Considering the Outlander saved Voss-Ka, I'd like to see which Voss paper pusher would be daring enough to refuse us the permit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/22/2024 at 3:52 PM, Whykara said:

Outlander saved Voss-Ka, I'd like to see which Voss paper pusher would be daring enough to refuse us the permit.

Very true. I should be a good argument  to get a stronghol on Voss.

Also, since we got a stronghold on Copero with the Galatic Season, I think we could get a Voss stronghold (like the one I described here) with a Galactic Season on the Voss.

Edited by orichichan