Praven loincloth mesh bug?

AlchemicMocha

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm a recently returned player. Just got my fresh new JK to the dramatic duel with Praven on Tatooine (love that location, by the way!) and it was there that I ran across the first big glitch I've seen so far.

Every time he moved around the stage during our conversation, for some reason, the front and back of Praven's loincloth were acting like they were attached to the points he was moving toward or away from. So if he walked toward me, the front cloth would start stretched out horizontally toward me and slowly get reeled in, while the back cloth would gradually stretch out behind him. It was all rather distracting.

I don't remember seeing this happen when I ran this quest before on the same machine. Perhaps it's a glitch that got introduced with the new engine?

• 2 weeks later...

This is still an issue with Lord Praven's armor in the cutscenes on Tatooine.  It's also present with Urtel Moren's armor in the Sith Inquisitor story on Alderaan. It's really jarring and very obvious during cutscenes.

• 5 months later...
39 minutes ago, Ahwassa said:

there are more then 4 threads about then all and there are also older.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/905855-callous-conqueror’s-armor-set-clipping-issue-please-fix/#comment-9590273

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/880913-bug-tribal-champion-armor-set-cape-bug/

like all of then its not going to be fix since its the limit of the game engine there are using since there use a beta Hero game engine so problems like that cant be fix.

Edited by Spikanor

3 hours ago, Spikanor said:

there are more then 4 threads about then all and there are also older.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/905855-callous-conqueror’s-armor-set-clipping-issue-please-fix/#comment-9590273

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/880913-bug-tribal-champion-armor-set-cape-bug/

like all of then its not going to be fix since its the limit of the game engine there are using since there use a beta Hero game engine so problems like that cant be fix.

I think you are talking about other bugs.

These 4 bug reports deal specifically with armor cape bugs that appeared with 7.0.

They were working before the 64-bit update :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I investigated a little (means I saw someone with the armor but without the bug) and realized that this bug exists only for male toons.

The armors work perfectly for females.

And somehow halfway for males bodytype 1 (only the butt part is broken).

For male bodytype 2-4 its complety broken.

Behold the screenshots as evidence :)

Screenshot_2024-02-08_21_21_06_954080.jpg.6c0eeb0b2654ab4050423d2bdadbe56d.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-08_21_28_32_946689.jpg.b1708f7c967ed8e0580a03f5bd47a320.jpgScreenshot_2024-02-08_21_31_30_962816.jpg.9764e93a4d73ff11d8d173c45b68bde4.jpg

Please fix this - its my favourite armor and I have only male toons with bodytype 2 haha :csw_jabbapet:

Ideally, they should just assign someone to investigate all objects that should have these dangly cloth physics. We still have issues with cloak bibs, Nautolan chin tentacles, capes that fold out when you mount a standard speeder, capes that turn into solid boards when mounted, that one shaggy hairstyle that flops up on top of your head when you loot things, whatever it is that Malak's (including his shadow armor set) belt is doing, and then there's this. I just roll my eyes, because these types of bugs have been punking this game since the beginning.

Edited by WHTJunior

It is also a problem with Darth Jadus' minions during Agent prologue and act 1.

The biggest issue I've seen so far with it is during Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Attaching images as examples. As you can see, parts of the armour is stuck and won't move as the character moves. In some scenes, the bugged part of the armour is stretched all the way across a room as the character walks towards that point.

It's absolutely ridiculous. If the armour models can't be fixed, then the characters mentioned in this thread should be updated with armour models that work correctly.

Star Wars  The Old Republic Screenshot 2024.02.10 - 21.33.59.98.png

Star Wars  The Old Republic Screenshot 2024.02.10 - 21.34.01.70.png

Star Wars  The Old Republic Screenshot 2024.02.10 - 21.34.02.31.png

Star Wars  The Old Republic Screenshot 2024.02.10 - 21.34.06.13.png

• 1 month later...