Game Launches but Does not Take me to Character Select Screen

Hostility

Hey Guys,

As stated in the title, I can launch  my game just fine but it hangs on the initial load screen. Does not take me to character select. I've tried installing Directx 9, C++, etc. and still getting the same problem.  I noticed that this happened after a short update in the launcher (literally lasted a few seconds). Do I need to re-install?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, misskochanski said:

I came onto the forums because I am having the exact same issue. I can log in, but it just keeps spinning on the screen of Shae and Heta. I tried in both a direct download version of the game as well as through Steam. Both are not working.

Do you get that incessant whirring sound too? Just constant whirring in the background. 

I came onto the forums because I am having the exact same issue. I can log in, but it just keeps spinning on the screen of Shae and Heta. I tried in both a direct download version of the game as well as through Steam. Both are not working.

I am, but I wouldn't think that would stop the log in overall, but I guess since it defaults to the Star Forge characters rather than the server list I can see how that would be a possibility.

Just now, misskochanski said:

I am, but I wouldn't think that would stop the log in overall, but I guess since it defaults to the Star Forge characters rather than the server list I can see how that would be a possibility.

Yeah. Just a possibility. Only thing I can see thats not right atm. Hopefully things get fixed soon.

• Like 1

Sam issue. cant get passed character select. i had gone afk and was inactivity booted to server select. the upon trying to login to SF it got stuck on "logging into server" then said "login error has occured". I then could login to my toons on Darth Malgus with no issues. I dont think they no their server is down, theyre all probably sleeping. This sucks cuz late night early mornings is my play time cuz i work crazy hours

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwtorWithdrawals said:

Sam issue. cant get passed character select. i had gone afk and was inactivity booted to server select. the upon trying to login to SF it got stuck on "logging into server" then said "login error has occured". I then could login to my toons on Darth Malgus with no issues. I dont think they no their server is down, theyre all probably sleeping. This sucks cuz late night early mornings is my play time cuz i work crazy hours

Same here lol late night is when I get most of my gaming done. This sucks :/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just (merely three days ago!) re-installed and re-subbed to see how the game plays with the combat styles update.

Of course I'm on Star Forge, since that's the server I've been using since way back when.

This is giving me a very bad first impression of the current state of SWTOR.

Edited by AlchemicMocha

8 minutes ago, AlchemicMocha said:

Were you last playing on Star Forge? As mentioned above, that server is down at the moment (and for the past hour or so at least, it seems).

Seems to be *down*  yes --> https://www.swtor.com/server-status

However, some of us  are still online & playing.  Probably because we haven't logged out yet  nor swapped characters yet.

hmm...  @CommunityTeam  please advise?

Im almost certain it is bc the server is down. I just spent the last hour reinstalling , verifying files, even downloaded through steam to no avail. Then it dawned on me check servers, starforge is down and it seems everyone replying is on star forge. Im in the same boat , i bartend and the only time i can game is am hours whihc of course i get screwed over on every game lol

• Like 1

That's it, whenever I can log in again, looks like I'm transferring my characters to the Satele Shan Server.  What a complete and totally unacceptable crapshow this is.  If the Devs were Imperial Officers, Lord Vader would have already made them pay the ultimate price for their failure! :csw_vader:

• Haha 1

It's rather annoying that they haven't even acknowledged that it's down...
And this has happened how many times since the start of the year? 5 or 6 times already? Maybe more? And they clearly haven't figured out the cause since it keeps happening.

So many times? If there's a known problem that hasn't been fixed for months, that's certainly a problem.

It's another problem entirely that the launcher gives us no way to select a different server. It means we can't play if our preferred server is down. That's just bad design.

I wonder if it's possible to hack the .INI file to avoid being automatically logged into a server that isn't responding...

EDIT:

... Apparently not. I tried removing the .INI file with that info, and it was replaced with the same information once I launched the game.

Edited by AlchemicMocha
  • Like 1