Now this, my friends, is how you end a season!

TonyTricicolo

Overall really enjoyed this season and the finale.   As for the last episode a few thoughts 

Spoiler

It was a very fast episode.  I really wish they had stretched it out a bit and let the episode breathe a bit.  I mean they escape the base find a cave to hold out and then almost imeditally leave.   The episode also had 0 surpises which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.  But i'm happy that no one i cared about died this episode and that Mandalorians retook the planet. 

• Like 1

• TonyTricicolo changed the title to Now, this my friends, is how you end a season!
6 hours ago, jarjarloves said:

Overall really enjoyed this season and the finale.   As for the last episode a few thoughts 

Reveal hidden contents

It was a very fast episode.  I really wish they had stretched it out a bit and let the episode breathe a bit.  I mean they escape the base find a cave to hold out and then almost imeditally leave.   The episode also had 0 surpises which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.  But i'm happy that no one i cared about died this episode and that Mandalorians retook the planet. 

Spoiler

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode., especially the end when Bo Katan swoops and flying drop kicks Moff Gideon. Yes, I do agree it was rushed in the cave. I guess it was to spark a semblance of hope that the planet can regrow life. 

My concerns are:

• With the Darksaber destroyed, will the Mandalorians abandon Bo Katan again?
  • Besides Elia Kain, who were the other spies?
  • Since IG-12 got destroyed, how is Grogu going to move around?
  • With the Clans united, are some Night Owls going take on the tradition of keeping helmets on?
  • Did Moff Gideon survive?
  • I know Paz Visla's son finally took the vow but I was kind of disappointed that there was no mention of Paz going out like hero.
  • Did Grogu sense the mythosaur?

I'm going to go watch it again to see what I missed....

Edited by TonyTricicolo

On 4/19/2023 at 2:23 PM, TonyTricicolo said:
  Hide contents

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode., especially the end when Bo Katan swoops and flying drop kicks Moff Gideon. Yes, I do agree it was rushed in the cave. I guess it was to spark a semblance of hope that the planet can regrow life. 

My concerns are:

• With the Clans united, are some Night Owls going take on the tradition of keeping helmets on?
  • I know Paz Visla's son finally took the vow but I was kind of disappointed that there was no mention of Paz going out like hero.
  • Did Grogu sense the mythosaur?

If you noticed when Ragnar was reciting the vow, they left out that their helmets had to stay on. So helmets coming off might become more of a thing. 

And yes, it seems they sensed each other

• Like 1

Spoiler

Through out the first two seasons Moff Gideon had a moustache and scruff. When he appeared at the end of the finale he was clean shaved. His clones were clean shaved as shown when Djarin destroyed them. This leads me to believe that Moff Gideon survived or in this case was not even there.  

Fun reference: The explosive death was very similar to the way Gus Fring died in "Breaking Bad."

Both characters are portrayed by Giancarlo Esposito.

Side note: We've had three actors (Bill Burr, Giancarlo Esposito, and Charles Baker) from "Breaking Bad" appear in "The Mandalorian" so far. Does this mean anything? Nah, probably just a coincidence but interesting nonetheless. 

Edited by TonyTricicolo

• 3 weeks later...
  • TonyTricicolo changed the title to Now this, my friends, is how you end a season!