Mass Effect

Sappharan

Just taking a moment to point out  how AMAZING Mass Effect is (and NO! I don't mean andromeda), even after all these years.  It is, imo, a masterpiece...and I don't really like shooters.  Back during Mass Effect, Bioware was my favorite gaming company. 

What was your favorite part of ME?  Were you Paragon or Renegade? 

Will there be a ME4 continuation?  I know they teased something awhile back, but I have not kept up with the news. 

10 hours ago, Sappharan said:

Just taking a moment to point out  how AMAZING Mass Effect is (and NO! I don't mean andromeda), even after all these years.  It is, imo, a masterpiece...and I don't really like shooters.  Back during Mass Effect, Bioware was my favorite gaming company. 

What was your favorite part of ME?  Were you Paragon or Renegade? 

Will there be a ME4 continuation?  I know they teased something awhile back, but I have not kept up with the news. 

I played Andromeda recently for the first time and loved it, especially the combat. It's extremely ironic to meet people playing this game who hate Andromeda, they're like sister games, both almost died at launch thanks to a combination of bioware screwups and player overreactions, both have a dreadful reputation among gamers but both are...all right actually. Like not masterpieces especially compared to the other games in the series (kotor1-2 and the ME trilogy) but not terrible by any means. Bro thinks he's really edgy for still holding a grudge for Andromeda while writing on a forum for a game that most star wars fans have an identical, uninformed bad opinion of lmao. 

It's also amusing meeting ME fans who haven't played this game or played any bioware game newer than LE because they act like ME4 will be this masterpiece and eh...would you really trust this studio, as it exists right now not 10 years ago with making an authentic continuation of a beloved trilogy? If they announced tomorrow that bioware would be making a SP kotor3, I'd be happy they were making a sequel sure but...very very concerned that bioware would be the ones doing it. For ME4 I'm really not looking forward to playing Knights of the Eternal Mass Effect thanks anyway. Betray your faction and become an indoctrinated reaper saboteur by...mislabeling ships and deleting farm data.   

Edited by Ardrossan

12 hours ago, Ardrossan said:

I played Andromeda recently for the first time and loved it, especially the combat. It's extremely ironic to meet people playing this game who hate Andromeda, they're like sister games, both almost died at launch thanks to a combination of bioware screwups and player overreactions, both have a dreadful reputation among gamers but both are...all right actually. Like not masterpieces especially compared to the other games in the series (kotor1-2 and the ME trilogy) but not terrible by any means. Bro thinks he's really edgy for still holding a grudge for Andromeda while writing on a forum for a game that most star wars fans have an identical, uninformed bad opinion of lmao. 

It's also amusing meeting ME fans who haven't played this game or played any bioware game newer than LE because they act like ME4 will be this masterpiece and eh...would you really trust this studio, as it exists right now not 10 years ago with making an authentic continuation of a beloved trilogy? If they announced tomorrow that bioware would be making a SP kotor3, I'd be happy they were making a sequel sure but...very very concerned that bioware would be the ones doing it. For ME4 I'm really not looking forward to playing Knights of the Eternal Mass Effect thanks anyway. Betray your faction and become an indoctrinated reaper saboteur by...mislabeling ships and deleting farm data.   

No doubt.  The combat in andromeda is good...but the story is not good (IMO) and the characters are ugly.  Moreover, it has too many bugs and it felt poorly planned.

I was hoping ME4 would be something, but I am not too optimistic at this point.  Very likely current trends in entertainment will prevail and I am not going to buy into that.

But, at least we got ME.  The updated ME1 was absolutely awesome and made it a JOY to play again.  Going to start a new game (with the same character) to get the best ending possible...soon.  Not tonight.

13 minutes ago, Sappharan said:

No doubt.  The combat in andromeda is good...but the story is not good (IMO) and the characters are ugly.  Moreover, it has too many bugs and it felt poorly planned.

I was hoping ME4 would be something, but I am not too optimistic at this point.  Very likely current trends in entertainment will prevail and I am not going to buy into that.

But, at least we got ME.  The updated ME1 was absolutely awesome and made it a JOY to play again.  Going to start a new game (with the same character) to get the best ending possible...soon.  Not tonight.

Again you could literally say the same thing about this game at launch. They fixed a lot of the bugs including identical asari and you can mod it to your hearts content. I played it right after LE and felt it was pretty comparable to the trilogy. 

1 hour ago, Ardrossan said:

Again you could literally say the same thing about this game at launch. They fixed a lot of the bugs including identical asari and you can mod it to your hearts content. I played it right after LE and felt it was pretty comparable to the trilogy. 

Personal preference, then.  All good.

I still love the original trilogy. I'm slowly going through it again with Sentinel. I did Soldier, Engineer, and Adept over the years. Eventually, I will finish with all six classes. For me, the first one has the best atmosphere, the second one has the best characters, and the third one has the best combat system. I've gotten over the bad ending of the third one, and at least the extended cut adds a little more variation based on choices made.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

I still love the original trilogy. I'm slowly going through it again with Sentinel. I did Soldier, Engineer, and Adept over the years. Eventually, I will finish with all six classes. For me, the first one has the best atmosphere, the second one has the best characters, and the third one has the best combat system. I've gotten over the bad ending of the third one, and at least the extended cut adds a little more variation based on choices made.

I'd almost ask them to make a film about it...but between current trends and the perfunctory attitude that all too often comes with making films of this sort, I suspect I'd be H-I-G-H-L-Y disappointed.  However, the dnd movie was enjoyable...so who knows? 

15 hours ago, Sappharan said:

I'd almost ask them to make a film about it...but between current trends and the perfunctory attitude that all too often comes with making films of this sort, I suspect I'd be H-I-G-H-L-Y disappointed.  However, the dnd movie was enjoyable...so who knows? 

Movies would be good for some parts and a TV series for other parts. Like how the Clone Wars had regular TV episodes and then sometimes a movie. Mass Effect 1 could be 8 episodes covering everything through Virmire with a movie for the rest of the story. Mass Effect 2's recruitment missions would be perfect as episodes, then follow it up with a movie for everything after the Omega-4 relay. Likewise for Mass Effect 3, TV episodes for most of it, then a movie for the final battle on Earth (hopefully with a better ending than the game).

• Like 1